Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287258 times)

Sccit

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7485 on: July 23, 2010, 09:45:01 PM »
^hell fuckin yea, barnes>>>>>>>bell. he already agreed to sign with toronto, so this shit was pretty shocking, but i guess that deal fell apart before it went through 8)

umm. I would actually take Bell over Barnes and Im sure the Lakers would too. But Barnes is still a nice pick up. I wouldnt blow it TOO far out of proportion tho. He is a back up role player. I think the Steve Blake signing is a much bigger deal.

Bell is past his prime and can barely even play defense anymore, which was once considered his "best asset"...Barnes is bigger, younger, shoots a higher percentage, and is just a better all-around player. Bell's a better three point shooter, but Barnes can shoot the three as well. Barnes also plays two positions, as opposed to Bell, who can only play 1...i'll take Barnes baking up Kobe/Artest over Bell, any day.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7486 on: July 24, 2010, 04:51:17 AM »
How can the Lakers use the MLE on that nigga Brown, they already used the full MLE by signing Blake and Barnes. Or did they get some preferencial treatment again because they are the LAkers?  >:(
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7487 on: July 24, 2010, 05:17:41 AM »
Might explain how the Lakers can resign Brown, Brown falls under the Non-Bird exception

Early Bird exception
This is the lesser form of the Larry Bird Exception. Free agents who qualify for this exception are called "early qualifying veteran free agents," and qualify after playing two seasons without being waived or changing teams as a free agent. Using this exception, a team can re-sign its own free agent for either 175% of his salary the previous season, or the NBA's average salary, whichever is greater. Early Bird contracts must be for at least two seasons, but can last no longer than five seasons. If a team agrees to a trade that would make a player lose his Early Bird Rights, he has the power to veto the trade.
A much-publicized example for this was Devean George, who vetoed his inclusion into a larger trade during the 2007–08 season that would have sent him from the Dallas Mavericks to the New Jersey Nets.
Non-Bird exception
Free Agents who qualify for this exception are called "non-qualifying free agents" in the CBA, meaning they do not qualify under either the Larry Bird Exception or the Early Bird Exception. Under this exception, teams can re-sign a player to a contract beginning at either 120% of his salary for the previous season, or 120% of the league's minimum salary, whichever amount is higher. Contracts signed under the Non-Bird exception can last up to six years.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #7488 on: July 24, 2010, 09:42:29 AM »
Lakers lost alot of quickness with farmar now in jersey and if shannon brown bolts, thats alot of explosiveness gone. That 2nd Unit always had a punch coming in. Kinda Suprised nobody wants his MF ASS.

Especially with everyone getting a year older and kobe visibly slowing down Lakers should keep him.

Sccit

« Reply #7489 on: July 24, 2010, 11:09:18 AM »
How can the Lakers use the MLE on that nigga Brown, they already used the full MLE by signing Blake and Barnes. Or did they get some preferencial treatment again because they are the LAkers?  >:(

yea...the league granted us an extra mle because were special 8)

theremedy360

« Reply #7490 on: July 24, 2010, 08:11:05 PM »
Barns is a huge pick up

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7491 on: July 26, 2010, 01:46:32 AM »
yea we lost youthfulness but no doubt our bench got upgraded, we have a legit back up center, point guard, and small forward, in which most importantly can play defense and good shooters which is a necessity in the triangle offense.

steve blake is acustomed with playing wit super stars as he played with arenas and above average 3 point shooter, camrleo, roy, etc etc, ratliff is still one of the best shot blockers int eh league given he gets minutes accordingly, and matt barnes is a scrappy defender that can hit the 3 ball.

with the signing of shannon brown or either of those two rookies should more than make up our loss of athleicism, barnes is stil quick , odom and blake also

we're on for a 3peat boys,the cHeats got nothins on this. lol BIg Z? haslem? chalmers?yea right

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

« Reply #7492 on: August 03, 2010, 03:40:29 AM »
PG Steve Blake
SG Shannon Brown
SF Matt Barnes
PF Lamar Odom
C Theo Ratliff

eastern conference playoff starting 5 quality 8)

teecee

« Reply #7493 on: August 11, 2010, 11:17:43 AM »
PG Steve Blake
SG Shannon Brown
SF Matt Barnes
PF Lamar Odom
C Theo Ratliff

eastern conference playoff starting 5 quality 8)

Word, your team is stacked to the nines.  The east is mad weak at the bottom, but is a little more top heavy than the west, with some actual post players as well.

Sccit

« Reply #7494 on: August 13, 2010, 03:47:55 PM »
Just signed Ebanks and Caracter 8)

PG Derek Fisher...Steve Blake/Shannon Brown
SG Kobe Bryant...Matt Barnes Sasha Vujacic
SF Ron Artest...Luke Walton/Devin Ebanks
PF Pau Gasol...Lamar Odom/Derrick Caracter
C Andrew Bynum...Theo Ratliff

Final Roster?

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7495 on: August 27, 2010, 03:33:02 PM »
kobe spoke that networth on jim rome is burning today yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Controver$y King

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7496 on: August 30, 2010, 04:56:22 PM »
LOL @ Doc Rivers comments

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7497 on: August 31, 2010, 06:55:50 PM »
doc is an idiot but his son can ball, and i still would like to have jr smith or kirk hinrich yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Tha A

• 'G'
  • when it was good to be a knick
« Reply #7498 on: October 15, 2010, 03:03:19 AM »
just wanna ask nik or other lakers fans out there, why the lakers don't retire michael cooper's jersey?

Sccit

« Reply #7499 on: October 15, 2010, 01:23:34 PM »
just wanna ask nik or other lakers fans out there, why the lakers don't retire michael cooper's jersey?

cooper aint a hall-of-famer, homie...we aint the celtics, we don't just hand up anyones jersey...there's a ceratin criteria u gotta meet to have your jersey hangin up in staples. being a hall-of-famer is one of them...not to take anything away from michael cooper and even byron scott, cuz on any other team, no doubt they'd both have their jerseys up there..they were some great players and were integral pieces of the greatest team ever, imo...but still, that's not enough, by our standards.