Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287264 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7515 on: November 22, 2010, 03:24:10 PM »
i doubt anyone team will get 4 wins on us in the post season, not like how we're playing right now.

fish has actually been hustlin i dont know whatchu guys talking bout, and stats dont always do the talking.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7516 on: November 29, 2010, 03:38:06 AM »
lmao.. what were the Lakers thinking not defending hibbert in the paint in that crucial moment?

Lakers are way too predictable in crunch time... it's always kobe kobe kobe no matter what. even if some nigga is in a way better position, it will still rather be kobe from near the half court line airballing it.. pathetic.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7517 on: November 29, 2010, 01:41:44 PM »
lmao.. what were the Lakers thinking not defending hibbert in the paint in that crucial moment?

Lakers are way too predictable in crunch time... it's always kobe kobe kobe no matter what. even if some nigga is in a way better position, it will still rather be kobe from near the half court line airballing it.. pathetic.
I obviously didn't watch the Lakers' first game of the season.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7518 on: November 29, 2010, 07:51:08 PM »

I obviously didn't watch the Lakers' first game of the season.

Kobe passing it is the only reason they win that game...
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #7519 on: November 29, 2010, 09:25:36 PM »
^youre a fucking idiot...the game on Friday in Utah, Kobe passed it to a wide-open Artest, who missed the three that woulda gave us the lead in the closing seconds. the Lakers aren't predictable, son, YOU are LOL.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7520 on: November 30, 2010, 06:09:53 AM »
^youre a fucking idiot...the game on Friday in Utah, Kobe passed it to a wide-open Artest, who missed the three that woulda gave us the lead in the closing seconds. the Lakers aren't predictable, son, YOU are LOL.

So it's Kobe again. Either passing it to an open guy or shooting it no matter what. How bout going to the hole.. or even better how bout not involving Kobe at all in the last play, while the other team is still all focused on him thinking the ball will eventually end up in his hands. Lakers are bitches when the game is on the line, that's just what it is nigga. It's just that the game is rarely on the line with them, most of the time they clearly win. As soon as they don't, they are not much better than most teams.
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #7521 on: November 30, 2010, 12:48:18 PM »

So it's Kobe again. Either passing it to an open guy or shooting it no matter what. How bout going to the hole.. or even better how bout not involving Kobe at all in the last play, while the other team is still all focused on him thinking the ball will eventually end up in his hands. Lakers are bitches when the game is on the line, that's just what it is nigga. It's just that the game is rarely on the line with them, most of the time they clearly win. As soon as they don't, they are not much better than most teams.

Cuz Kobe draws attention,smart guy..you want the ball in your best players hand for the last shot. If he draws a double team, he can dish to the open guy. If he gets a good look, he takes it...thats EVERY teams strategy, stop using your dumb ideology to try and bash Kobe when it's clearly uncalled for. As for games on the line, Kobe single-handedly won 7 of those last year, so please shut the fuck up, cuz you sound pretty dumb sayin that shit.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7522 on: November 30, 2010, 03:47:11 PM »
So what? I'm just as entitled to shit on Kobe as you are in shitting on Shaq/LeBron/Nash/Celtics and all them other guys you shitted on on a regular basis during the past.

Plus what I initially said was simply how pathetic that last play in your latest loss was, nothing spectacular. I just decided to generalize and make the statement more hateful for fun. Stop acting like you're not a hater.
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #7523 on: November 30, 2010, 06:41:48 PM »
So what? I'm just as entitled to shit on Kobe as you are in shitting on Shaq/LeBron/Nash/Celtics and all them other guys you shitted on on a regular basis during the past.

Plus what I initially said was simply how pathetic that last play in your latest loss was, nothing spectacular. I just decided to generalize and make the statement more hateful for fun. Stop acting like you're not a hater.

How was it pathetic, though? Kobe got a good look, just came up a lil long. LOL. Same with Artest, ball was all the way down and came out...you obviously just base your opinion off of dicklickin' hate, while I speak the real and give realistic insight. LeBrons bitch is surfacing left and right, on many different level, so my analysis on his game/personality is not far off, while Kobe is the most fundamentally sound and best overall player on the planet, winning-wise and ability-wise...come cleaner, homie.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7524 on: December 01, 2010, 05:59:21 AM »
I'm not even saying that Kobe is so bad in crunch time, that would be absurd ... although he clearly is not as good as he used to be, which is only natural, though. Anyways, today was another example. Memphis is not an elite team. Not at all. They still beat the Lakers. In another close game that could have gone either way at the buzzer. Again, strenghtening my point that the Lakers have issues down the stretch in close games - that truth hasn't been so apparent yet because most of the time they took a shit on their opponents. Assuming that won't happen in every playoff series, they should improve their late game execution. Like against Memphis, the nigga Brown was killing it. Yet he wasn't even in the game during the last possession. So that's on Phil who keeps jerking Fisher's dick. Then like I said before, Lakers suck at defending the 3 point line and Kobe should go to the hole more. He's a great FT shooter and not SO great from contested range anymore. When he went to the cup with under a minute to go he killed Mayo. Then when he almost has some sort of fast break on the last possession, which should only encourage his will to drive for a lay-up, he settles for a mid-range jumper, which of course doesn't work as easy anymore since he's not 28 anymore, so that nigga Mayo won't let him shoot, so he has to make a last resort type of pass, so Artest decides to go for the contested 3pt shot at the buzzer, which is a shot you never want. Lakers lose. To Memphis. 3 losses in a row.
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #7525 on: December 01, 2010, 03:24:03 PM »
I'm not even saying that Kobe is so bad in crunch time, that would be absurd ... although he clearly is not as good as he used to be, which is only natural, though. Anyways, today was another example. Memphis is not an elite team. Not at all. They still beat the Lakers. In another close game that could have gone either way at the buzzer. Again, strenghtening my point that the Lakers have issues down the stretch in close games - that truth hasn't been so apparent yet because most of the time they took a shit on their opponents. Assuming that won't happen in every playoff series, they should improve their late game execution. Like against Memphis, the nigga Brown was killing it. Yet he wasn't even in the game during the last possession. So that's on Phil who keeps jerking Fisher's dick. Then like I said before, Lakers suck at defending the 3 point line and Kobe should go to the hole more. He's a great FT shooter and not SO great from contested range anymore. When he went to the cup with under a minute to go he killed Mayo. Then when he almost has some sort of fast break on the last possession, which should only encourage his will to drive for a lay-up, he settles for a mid-range jumper, which of course doesn't work as easy anymore since he's not 28 anymore, so that nigga Mayo won't let him shoot, so he has to make a last resort type of pass, so Artest decides to go for the contested 3pt shot at the buzzer, which is a shot you never want. Lakers lose. To Memphis. 3 losses in a row.

^Lakers didn't have issues down the stretch...another game you seemingly didn't watch, yet choose to comment on. Down the stretch, the Lakers staged a big comeback and had a chance to tie/win on the final possession, after a big 4th quarter deficit. The comeback was one which you would expect from a championship team, but again, Artest missed the final shot, which woulda won the game. As I already stated earlier, Artest has not been fluid this year and has been struggling with his offense...his last two potential game-winning shots were off, and that has absolutely nothing to do with the attitude of the Lakers as a team. As for Kobe, he had no drive to the lane on the final possession, due to the fact that he was being triple-teamed on the drive, hence the dish to a hesitant Artest. Artest makes that 3, and the Lakers are celebrated on the big comeback...but he missed, and you probably jizzed your pants...PeACe

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #7526 on: December 01, 2010, 08:18:34 PM »
I'm not even saying that Kobe is so bad in crunch time, that would be absurd ...

He's actually very average when compared to the rest of the league in field goal percentage in the clutch minutes of games.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7527 on: December 02, 2010, 05:16:17 AM »
Sup niggas.

Lakers lose to a bad team again. 4th in a row.

And what I was so concerned about happened again: Breakdown down the stretch, horrible 3pt defense. Unathletic ass Battier hitting it like it ain't a thing, Lakers can't help themselves other than to actually foul him at the 3pt line. Terrible. Lakers lose to a .300 team. Once again why? Late 4th quarter and 3pt defense.
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #7528 on: December 03, 2010, 04:17:03 PM »
^concerned? you ain't concerned, you're having the time of your life, sucka...LOL. don't trip, though, Laker fans know whats good. our real season begins in April-May, as always. 8)

and LOL@Daygo... 82games.com stats, huh? when you have 7 game winning shots in 1 season, it's hard to argue that you're "average in the clutch compared to the rest of the league" :grumpy:

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #7529 on: December 03, 2010, 05:36:55 PM »
^concerned? you ain't concerned, you're having the time of your life, sucka...LOL. don't trip, though, Laker fans know whats good. our real season begins in April-May, as always. 8)

and LOL@Daygo... 82games.com stats, huh? when you have 7 game winning shots in 1 season, it's hard to argue that you're "average in the clutch compared to the rest of the league" :grumpy:

Im just stating the facts man. I posted that shit up a while back. Kobe is a great player no doubt. The whole "clutch" shit is just overplayed for some, and underplayed for others. The media controls a lot of it. But thats ok. All I ever said was that Kobe's shooting percentage at the end of games (in clutch moments) is not very good. On his team, Gasol is actually a more "clutch performer" if you want to label anyone as that. But the media rarely likes to talk about clutchness of bigmen. They arent usually as exciting as perimeter guys.

As for the Laker struggles so far. Im not paying too much attention to that. You cant say the Lakers dont CARE about winning now. Of course they do. But its pretty early still. The season has been pretty wierd so far anyways. I think the Heat will still pick it up a lot later in the season. We have always started out slow, but came out the gate on fire.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"