Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287835 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7545 on: December 16, 2010, 05:53:24 PM »
is NIK one?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #7546 on: December 17, 2010, 12:53:29 PM »
Question is, will the lakers pick up Andrew "bad knees" Bynum's ridiculously overpaid contract at the end of the year? He cant even play a full season.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7547 on: December 17, 2010, 05:00:32 PM »
Question is, will the lakers pick up Andrew "bad knees" Bynum's ridiculously overpaid contract at the end of the year? He cant even play a full season.

Bynum contributed to both championship runs, I'd rather pick him up unless we can get a all star center, which ain't gonna happen. Lol name one center thats would bee avaliable for bynum and would be a clear upgrade

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

« Reply #7548 on: December 21, 2010, 01:50:20 AM »
is NIK one?

yea....cuz everyone knows NIK is Armenian..............dumbshit :grumpy:

Sccit

« Reply #7549 on: December 21, 2010, 01:53:10 AM »

I dunno...will the Heat keep Dwyane Wade? so far, Bynum has played more full seasons than Wade has. Ya'll should just trade Wade for a serviceable big. Wade for Varaejo, Mo Williams, and JJ Hickson...DO IT RILEY!

theremedy360

Re: Kobe Bryant causes another social riot
« Reply #7550 on: December 21, 2010, 09:01:48 AM »
LOS ANGELES -- Kobe Bryant's two-year endorsement deal with Turkish Airlines has enraged some Armenian Americans who are threatening to boycott the Los Angeles Lakers star.

Turkish Airlines says Bryant will appear next year as its "global brand ambassador" in advertisements promoting the March start of nonstop flights between Istanbul and Los Angeles.

"Turkey is a country rich in natural beauty and thousands of years of cultural history, and I'm proud to partner with Turkish Airlines to bring that majesty to people around the world," Bryant said in a statement posted on the airlines' website.

The tension, though, stems from Turkey's denial that about 1.5 million Armenian deaths from 1915-19 constituted genocide. Turkey instead describes the deaths as the result of civil unrest during the collapse of the Ottoman Empire.

"He should reconsider his ill-advised endorsement of Turkish Airlines, and, at the very least, go on record condemning Turkey's denial of the Armenian Genocide and calling upon our Congress to pass of the Armenian Genocide Resolution," Armenian national committee of America executive director Aram Hamparian said, when reached by ESPNLosAngeles.com.

A Lakers spokesperson stated the controversy wasn't a team issue and referred further inquiries to Bryant's representatives.

There are about 700,000 Armenian Americans in California, and Armenian National Committee of America executive director Aram Hamparian tells the Times that many of them are furious over Bryant's deal with Turkey's state carrier.

It's not like any major superstar cares about global problems. Damn near every star in the league is sponsored by a shoe company that supports child labor and all kinds of fucked up shit like that.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #7551 on: December 21, 2010, 03:30:58 PM »

I dunno...will the Heat keep Dwyane Wade? so far, Bynum has played more full seasons than Wade has. Ya'll should just trade Wade for a serviceable big. Wade for Varaejo, Mo Williams, and JJ Hickson...DO IT RILEY!

lol Bit of a difference between the two. A lot of players miss some games here and there. Bynum has shown to be injury prone. Wade is one of the greatest players of this era, Bynum so far is pretty much just a little bit of potential. But so is Oden. Bynum is making almost 14 mill this year and over 15 mill next LOL. What a waste of money. Durant is making what...13.6 mill next year?! LOL.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #7552 on: December 22, 2010, 12:53:44 AM »
You know, Im never the type to talk much shit during the regular season. Especially when it comes to bragging about my own team, regardless of how good they play. Its always just a good way to look like a fool at the end of the year. But I have noticed a huge decrease in the amount of shit talking from Laker fans this year...compared to last year. Kind of funny is all.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7553 on: December 22, 2010, 04:44:19 AM »
Well, you can't talk shit if you lose to the fucking Bucks without Brandon Jennings by like 20 points at Staples and Earl fucking Boykings gives you headaches in the 4th quarter.

The reg season might not be THAT important, but the Celtics now have home court advantage - and we all now how much that meant last season.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7554 on: December 22, 2010, 12:17:52 PM »
is NIK one?

yea....cuz everyone knows NIK is Armenian..............dumbshit :grumpy:
i dont know your ethnic breakup dumbshit
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

« Reply #7555 on: December 22, 2010, 05:24:22 PM »
Well, you can't talk shit if you lose to the fucking Bucks without Brandon Jennings by like 20 points at Staples and Earl fucking Boykings gives you headaches in the 4th quarter.

The reg season might not be THAT important, but the Celtics now have home court advantage - and we all now how much that meant last season.

Yeah, thats always been Pop's approach to the regular season. But that was with all the injuries and whatnot. I think last year he realized that although the regular season isnt a HUGE deal, ending up with a 6,7, or 8 seed just makes your road to the finals too difficult. As long as you get one of the top 4...or maybe even top 5 spots youre good.

I just always get a kick out of people talking a ton of shit when their team is ontop. But disappearing when their team isnt.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7556 on: December 23, 2010, 05:29:50 PM »
Notice how the haters go away when we started winning on the road and come back when we loose to the bucks..... No one talks more shit then haters, u milk every fucking lost like it means anything, the lakers didn't forget how to win, they'll get it together, I'm not worried...the lakers will 3 peat, you'll make excuses like u always do, "Kobe has so much help"....and you'll ignore how Kobe has made pau in to a hall of famer

« Reply #7557 on: December 24, 2010, 11:51:40 AM »
Notice how the haters go away when we started winning on the road and come back when we loose to the bucks..... No one talks more shit then haters, u milk every fucking lost like it means anything, the lakers didn't forget how to win, they'll get it together, I'm not worried...the lakers will 3 peat, you'll make excuses like u always do, "Kobe has so much help"....and you'll ignore how Kobe has made pau in to a hall of famer

lol who are u talkin about? I havent been talkin shit about the Lakers the whole year. Im not even talkin shit about them now. When the Lakers are the best team in the league, they are the best team. When other teams are, they are. Its whatever. I dont like to do a lot of shit talkin during the season cus you never know whats gonna happen come playoff time. You gotta remember, my team has won championships when we didnt look like the best team in the league...and not won championships when we did look like the best team in the league.

My post had nothing to do with the Bucks lol. How many posts have you even seen from me all year. You think I posted after each Laker lost? I just noticed how there shit talking from Laker fans has slown WAY down compared to before.

Sccit

« Reply #7558 on: December 24, 2010, 07:41:18 PM »

lol Bit of a difference between the two. A lot of players miss some games here and there. Bynum has shown to be injury prone. Wade is one of the greatest players of this era, Bynum so far is pretty much just a little bit of potential. But so is Oden. Bynum is making almost 14 mill this year and over 15 mill next LOL. What a waste of money. Durant is making what...13.6 mill next year?! LOL.

Bynum was an integral piece of our championship teams...a little bit more than "a bit of potential", no?

Sccit

« Reply #7559 on: December 24, 2010, 07:45:56 PM »

lol who are u talkin about? I havent been talkin shit about the Lakers the whole year. Im not even talkin shit about them now. When the Lakers are the best team in the league, they are the best team. When other teams are, they are. Its whatever. I dont like to do a lot of shit talkin during the season cus you never know whats gonna happen come playoff time. You gotta remember, my team has won championships when we didnt look like the best team in the league...and not won championships when we did look like the best team in the league.

My post had nothing to do with the Bucks lol. How many posts have you even seen from me all year. You think I posted after each Laker lost? I just noticed how there shit talking from Laker fans has slown WAY down compared to before.

how many people still post on this board? really, tho? Lakers=still the best team. Spurs are beastin right now, but their old ass will be worn down come playoff time. don't forget, Lakers always play to half their potential in the regular season and turn it up come April-May-June...that is the essence of Phil Jackson. Boston and San Antonio tried that approach last season, but failed. Now Boston and San Antonio are playing with a sense of urgency in the regular season and will barely be able to stand up come playoff time...Lakers are playing their game, as we always do...3Peat is comin, sucka.