Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287667 times)

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7560 on: December 25, 2010, 01:38:13 AM »
We'll be fine ... the team will pick its level of play up at the right time ... kind of frustrating to only be 21-8 with the easiest schedule of the league though ... hopefully we'll be better today and at SA on Tuesday

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #7561 on: December 25, 2010, 01:40:24 AM »

The reg season might not be THAT important, but the Celtics now have home court advantage - and we all now how much that meant last season.

yeah Boston is the only opponent we really need the HCA against in a 7 games series ...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7562 on: December 25, 2010, 01:01:05 PM »
scared already, niggas?  ;)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7563 on: December 25, 2010, 03:28:37 PM »
LeBron >>>

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #7564 on: December 26, 2010, 02:05:48 AM »
Notice how the haters go away when we started winning on the road and come back when we loose to the bucks..... No one talks more shit then haters, u milk every fucking lost like it means anything, the lakers didn't forget how to win, they'll get it together, I'm not worried...the lakers will 3 peat, you'll make excuses like u always do, "Kobe has so much help"....and you'll ignore how Kobe has made pau in to a hall of famer

lol who are u talkin about? I havent been talkin shit about the Lakers the whole year. Im not even talkin shit about them now. When the Lakers are the best team in the league, they are the best team. When other teams are, they are. Its whatever. I dont like to do a lot of shit talkin during the season cus you never know whats gonna happen come playoff time. You gotta remember, my team has won championships when we didnt look like the best team in the league...and not won championships when we did look like the best team in the league.

My post had nothing to do with the Bucks lol. How many posts have you even seen from me all year. You think I posted after each Laker lost? I just noticed how there shit talking from Laker fans has slown WAY down compared to before.

how many people still post on this board? really, tho? Lakers=still the best team. Spurs are beastin right now, but their old ass will be worn down come playoff time. don't forget, Lakers always play to half their potential in the regular season and turn it up come April-May-June...that is the essence of Phil Jackson. Boston and San Antonio tried that approach last season, but failed. Now Boston and San Antonio are playing with a sense of urgency in the regular season and will barely be able to stand up come playoff time...Lakers are playing their game, as we always do...3Peat is comin, sucka.

You forget that cruising during the season is something the Spurs have done for years. Thats has always been Pop's philosophy to the regular season. Last year I think made him realize tho, that although the regular season isnt everything...allowing yourself to slip to a 6, 7, or 8 seed just makes too difficult of a road in the playoffs.

As far as being old....teams older than San Antonio this year....Lakers...Heat...Celtics...Mavericks....Suns...Nuggets....that "The Spurs are old" talk is all just cliche at this point.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #7565 on: December 26, 2010, 02:33:41 PM »
LOL...C'mon. Lakers are "older" because of Theo Rattlif and Joe Smith, who aren't even part of the rotation...the CORE players on San Antonio are aging and out of their prime. Well, Ginobli is playin the best ball of his career, but he ALWAYS struggles to maintain his health during the latter parts of the season, and you know that...Spurs are ballin, no doubt, but I'd be extremely surprised to see them keep up this level of play come April.

Sccit

« Reply #7566 on: December 26, 2010, 02:35:32 PM »
LeBron >>>

weren't you sayin the same thing around Christmas time of last season? lol... Game 7 of the Finals for LeBron is a preseason game for Kobe, sucka.

« Reply #7567 on: December 26, 2010, 05:27:24 PM »
LOL...C'mon. Lakers are "older" because of Theo Rattlif and Joe Smith, who aren't even part of the rotation...the CORE players on San Antonio are aging and out of their prime. Well, Ginobli is playin the best ball of his career, but he ALWAYS struggles to maintain his health during the latter parts of the season, and you know that...Spurs are ballin, no doubt, but I'd be extremely surprised to see them keep up this level of play come April.

Not exactly man lol. You guys have 10 out of your 14 players over the age of 30

15 Ron Artest SF 31
9 Matt Barnes SF 30
5 Steve Blake PG 30
24 Kobe Bryant SG 32
2 Derek Fisher PG 36
16 Pau Gasol PF 30
7 Lamar Odom PF 31
50 Theo Ratliff C 37
1 Joe Smith PF 35
4 Luke Walton SF 30

Spurs have 6 our of their 13 players over 30

15 Matt Bonner PF 30
21 Tim Duncan C 34
20 Manu Ginobili SG 33
24 Richard Jefferson SF 30
34 Antonio McDyess PF 36
5 Ime Udoka SF 33

I dont believe our older players make up any more of our "core" unit than yours do.

The Lakers average age is 29.5...
The Spurs is 28.3...
Even if you took out your oldest player which is Ratliff....the Lakers average age would be 28.9, still higher than the Spurs.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7568 on: December 26, 2010, 07:42:44 PM »
LeBron >>>

weren't you sayin the same thing around Christmas time of last season? lol... Game 7 of the Finals for LeBron is a preseason game for Kobe, sucka.

I'm going to be saying that even in May if the Heat get eliminated in the first round.

If you can't see LeBron is running shit, you're nuts.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7569 on: December 29, 2010, 01:07:33 AM »
"If I was playing, I probably wouldn't pass him the ball the next time."

-- Lakers coach Phil Jackson, on Kobe Bryant's 13 consecutive misses.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

« Reply #7570 on: December 29, 2010, 01:23:17 AM »

lol yeah, I read that. Dont be surprised to see Kobe throw one his little fits and not shoot the ball the entire 1st quarter of their next game.

theremedy360

« Reply #7571 on: December 29, 2010, 02:45:39 PM »

LOL, Jackson's got jokes for days.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #7572 on: January 01, 2011, 05:49:58 PM »
i would start Steve Blake and sit D Fish til the 4th, I cant see the lakers taking it without home court advantage vs the Mavs. Watch the mavs lose to the thunder lol

theremedy360

« Reply #7573 on: January 02, 2011, 12:00:18 AM »
i would start Steve Blake and sit D Fish til the 4th, I cant see the lakers taking it without home court advantage vs the Mavs. Watch the mavs lose to the thunder lol

As bad as LA has been recently I'll put money on them come playoffs. I simply can't go against a roster that includes Kobe, a healthy Bynum, Pau, Artest, and LO.

« Reply #7574 on: January 02, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »

As bad as LA has been recently I'll put money on them come playoffs. I simply can't go against a roster that includes Kobe, a healthy Bynum, Pau, Artest, and LO.

There is so much time left in the season. I have learned that throughout the years with my own team. Its hard to jump to conclusions (even though people always do) this early in the season.