Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288362 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Lol @ Kobe laughing it up with the reports
« Reply #7650 on: May 06, 2011, 10:21:05 PM »
lol   someone asked him about coming back from 3 games to 0

"they do it in hockey all the time"

lmao   what a fucking moron        this isnt the time to bust out your comedy routine Kobe lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

Kobe's days of winning rings are over
« Reply #7651 on: May 06, 2011, 10:34:31 PM »
unless Stern allows the Lakers to rape another team for their best player, it's done son

in 2 years when Howard goes to LA kobe will be too old to be a key contributer on a title run
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sccit

Re: Lol @ Kobe laughing it up with the reports
« Reply #7652 on: May 07, 2011, 04:40:16 PM »
lol   someone asked him about coming back from 3 games to 0

"they do it in hockey all the time"

lmao   what a fucking moron        this isnt the time to bust out your comedy routine Kobe lol

quit actin like phoenix new york boston is dominating, u dumb bitch.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7653 on: May 08, 2011, 02:40:31 PM »
lakers need to practice 3s, FTs and most importantly good manners, in all seriousness FUCK THEM, what a disgrace they are especially bynum, i hope he gets his knee-ligaments torn out of his body.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 02:50:17 PM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7654 on: May 08, 2011, 07:22:29 PM »
FUCK THEM, what a disgrace they are especially bynum, i hope he gets his knee-ligaments torn out of his body.
Classy. ::)

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #7655 on: May 10, 2011, 01:08:27 AM »
 :D

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7656 on: May 13, 2011, 04:52:18 PM »
Really good article mainly on Phil Jackson, but also on the Lakers, Jordan & other NBA and life related stuff by Bill Simmons:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/110513&sportCat=nba

excerpt on Kobe's fading:
I predicted that Garnett would keep playing well past his prime, maybe into his early 40s, simply because he wouldn't know what else to do. I thought Kobe might be like that, too.

"He's definitely like that," Jackson said.

And then he started talking about Kobe. Other than Jackson's health, the biggest reason he nearly retired last June was because he didn't want to be coaching Kobe Bryant when he stopped being Kobe Bryant. If you remember, Kobe struggled in Round 1 of the 2010 playoffs, rallied in the next two rounds, then gave the Lakers just enough to survive a seven-game war against Boston. Looking ahead while factoring in everything he had just witnessed, measuring the lessons of history, counting Kobe's NBA miles … the coach couldn't tell for sure. Either Kobe had one elite season left in him, or he didn't. Jackson's instincts were telling him no. His heart was telling him yes. Once his players started pressuring him to return, then the fans, then his girlfriend, he caved and came back. One more year.

There was a follow-up question that I probably should have asked. Why wouldn't you want to coach Kobe as he's transitioning out of his prime?

In my defense, I knew the answer: Would YOU want to coach Kobe after his prime, when he still thinks he's great … but he isn't? Or Jordan? Or anyone else with a healthy ego who's accustomed to being the best, or one of the best, but those days are over and they're the last to realize it? Jackson had spent the past two decades carefully avoiding that specific scenario. In late March, it looked like he made the right gamble: The Lakers had just rolled off 15 of 16 victories and reestablished themselves as The Team To Beat. Kobe did have one great year left in him. Or so we thought.

As we dug into our food, neither of us could have imagined that the Lakers would win four playoff games … total.
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #7657 on: May 14, 2011, 12:49:14 PM »
^Kobe's coming back stronger next year...with a renewed hunger. you can bet on it.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #7658 on: May 14, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »
Dunleavy On Lakers' 'Short List' To Succeed Jackson

Former Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy was contacted by the Lakers this week and is said to be on the team's current "short list" to succeed Phil Jackson, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

That list also includes former Houston Rockets coach Rick Adelman, who ESPN.com's Marc Stein and ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin reported Thursday also would be a candidate for the position.

Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw has the public endorsement of Kobe Bryant and is regarded as by far the strongest in-house candidate. But a league source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that Bryant would support the hiring of Adelman if the team decided to go in that direction.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213688/Dunleavy_On_Lakers_Short_List_To_Succeed_Jackson#ixzz1MMHeg2rS

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Sccit

« Reply #7659 on: May 14, 2011, 01:06:03 PM »
God, PLEASE, no

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #7660 on: May 14, 2011, 01:10:03 PM »
God, PLEASE, no

Agreed. Dunleavy is horrible.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7661 on: May 14, 2011, 01:41:22 PM »
champange for everyone if this actually happens.
No, it's not a sin

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #7662 on: May 14, 2011, 03:41:44 PM »
Bring on Dunleavy! lol

There is also talk of Adelman I guess. Bring his ass too. The Lakers should just give Shaw a shot.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7663 on: May 14, 2011, 08:10:42 PM »
Shaw is definatly the best option since he knows the system and even played under it. The question is can he handle Kobe?

Sccit

« Reply #7664 on: May 15, 2011, 12:38:07 AM »
Shaw is definatly the best option since he knows the system and even played under it. The question is can he handle Kobe?

Kobe likes Shaw and I'm pretty sure Shaw will let Kobe do more on-court coaching than any other coach would.