Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287015 times)

Sccit

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7710 on: December 17, 2011, 03:55:20 PM »
if Murphy can play half as good as he played in 2010, he'll be a great acquisition.

The Watcher

« Reply #7711 on: December 18, 2011, 02:38:54 AM »
Murphy averaged a double double playing for the pacers in 2009-10 .. its unfortunate he was only getting garbage minutes with the nets & celtics. if he gets enough consistent minutes with the lakers he should help fill the void left by odom in terms of pts/reb
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:43:14 AM by The Watcher »
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7712 on: December 18, 2011, 04:14:46 AM »
Now that Baron Davis will apparently sign with the Knicks, what do you guys think of Gilbert Arenas on the Lakers for the minimum? Arenas is as hit or miss as they come (in more ways than one...) but you can just waive him right away if he is being a total cancer. Then again he might collide with Kobe Bryant after taking stupid shots... and then shoot him in the locker room to retaliate. So..  ???
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #7713 on: December 18, 2011, 04:45:21 AM »
^^^^^No to both guys ... both are out of shape  with a shitty behaviour  who are going to brick contested Js ... I prefer to have pappy Fisher , that's how bad Hibachi and Baron have played these last seasons

Sccit

« Reply #7714 on: December 18, 2011, 09:11:13 AM »
^i believe either or would be inspired playing in LA......best believe, they both can ball. it's just a matter of them having will.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #7715 on: December 18, 2011, 11:04:18 AM »
^^^^^No to both guys ... both are out of shape  with a shitty behaviour  who are going to brick contested Js ... I prefer to have pappy Fisher , that's how bad Hibachi and Baron have played these last seasons

Really? I didn't watch the Cavs much last year but stat wise Davis doesn't look bad, and obviously the Lakers could actually surround him with talent unlike the Cavs. Gilbert is Gilbert, but like 7even said they can cut him if he starts acting up. Either way, Fisher is flat out bad at this point, you can't depend on him too much.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7716 on: December 19, 2011, 06:41:41 PM »
^^^^^No to both guys ... both are out of shape  with a shitty behaviour  who are going to brick contested Js ... I prefer to have pappy Fisher , that's how bad Hibachi and Baron have played these last seasons

Really? I didn't watch the Cavs much last year but stat wise Davis doesn't look bad, and obviously the Lakers could actually surround him with talent unlike the Cavs. Gilbert is Gilbert, but like 7even said they can cut him if he starts acting up. Either way, Fisher is flat out bad at this point, you can't depend on him too much.

i want a young PG, cp3 and kobe would of been the best backcourt duo in the league. and we would of of gotten howard. the PF would of been trouble, but if we got mcroberts and troy murphy, PFs that can stretch the floor it would of gave dwight all the room in the world and to draw the double team to kick it out to whoever (so many options kobe, cp3, fish, murphy, artest, etc etc)

and get  veteran back up C.

with that said, i would of been content with keeping the same ol roster and upgrading for a cheap PG.

i do not want baron. arenas would be ok, as long as he can make the spot up 3, because obviously if he comes he has to play off ball.

but cp3 and kobe would just would of been crazy, sharing the ball would be no problem, double teaming any of the two would of just been bad bad news for the others defense.

fuck stern. I'm really gonna miss playing with odom on 2k, and i just got odoms 3 point shot perfectly down last year.

I'm just really worried about our PG position. imo they should of let farmer start last year, to keep him happy and stay, he isn't great at D but he would of been good against smaller PGs like barera.

farmer left and he's hasn't shown much improvement.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7717 on: December 20, 2011, 02:08:07 PM »
Lakers pls pls trade Bynum and Gasol for Howard and Hedo... if Howard joins the Nets I'll be devestated  :-\
No, it's not a sin

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7718 on: December 20, 2011, 03:23:40 PM »
Lakers pls pls trade Bynum and Gasol for Howard and Hedo... if Howard joins the Nets I'll be devestated  :-\

it seems like a done deal, and it looks like we need howard more than ever

i know its just a preseason game but we got killed, it was as if clippers won the finals, and as if we just got swept by dallas again.

the front office should of calmed down odom

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

« Reply #7719 on: December 20, 2011, 03:47:14 PM »

i know its just a preseason game but we got killed, it was as if clippers won the finals, and as if we just got swept by dallas again.

it's a preseason game...any1 who actually takes these games into consideration doesnt know what preseason basketball is about.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7720 on: December 20, 2011, 05:45:59 PM »

it's a preseason game...any1 who actually takes these games into consideration doesnt know what preseason basketball is about.

It's not your regular preseason... it's a lockout season with only 2 preseason games per team.. plus Kobe really didn't seem like he doesn't give a crap. Nigga went down with a fucked wrist and kept playing... also was pretty active in the game...
No, it's not a sin

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #7721 on: December 20, 2011, 05:54:49 PM »

i want a young PG, cp3 and kobe would of been the best backcourt duo in the league. and we would of of gotten howard. the PF would of been trouble, but if we got mcroberts and troy murphy, PFs that can stretch the floor it would of gave dwight all the room in the world and to draw the double team to kick it out to whoever (so many options kobe, cp3, fish, murphy, artest, etc etc)

and get  veteran back up C.

with that said, i would of been content with keeping the same ol roster and upgrading for a cheap PG.

i do not want baron. arenas would be ok, as long as he can make the spot up 3, because obviously if he comes he has to play off ball.

but cp3 and kobe would just would of been crazy, sharing the ball would be no problem, double teaming any of the two would of just been bad bad news for the others defense.

fuck stern. I'm really gonna miss playing with odom on 2k, and i just got odoms 3 point shot perfectly down last year.

I'm just really worried about our PG position. imo they should of let farmer start last year, to keep him happy and stay, he isn't great at D but he would of been good against smaller PGs like barera.

farmer left and he's hasn't shown much improvement.

All I'm saying is get someone other than Fisher. Dude shot 38% last year while being one of the last options scoring wise, dude is just washed up.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7722 on: December 20, 2011, 07:01:45 PM »
Morris and ebanks looked alright yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Sccit

« Reply #7723 on: December 21, 2011, 03:21:40 AM »

It's not your regular preseason... it's a lockout season with only 2 preseason games per team.. plus Kobe really didn't seem like he doesn't give a crap. Nigga went down with a fucked wrist and kept playing... also was pretty active in the game...

it doesnt matter...at the end of the day, it was a preseason game. the rotations will be nothing like that in regular season ball. u should know this by now. clippers played it like it was their championship game.

Sccit

« Reply #7724 on: December 21, 2011, 03:22:54 AM »