Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287744 times)

Sccit

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #7770 on: January 30, 2012, 02:08:41 PM »

blake is going to be a 10-8 player this year.

as much as i'd love 2 agree with that......that's a helluva stretch.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7771 on: February 03, 2012, 11:55:06 PM »
The Lakers have already been informed that Howard won’t sign a long-term deal in Los Angeles, according to sources close to the situation. If the Lakers were to trade for Howard, he would opt out and test free agency. Howard’s interest in Los Angeles has always been overstated, mainly because he doesn’t want to follow in Shaquille O’Neal’s footsteps and he doesn’t want to go through another rebuilding process anytime soon. With Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol in their thirties, Howard would be reaching his prime just as his All-Star teammates were declining.

Is this the end of an era? The end of the Lakers how we know them? The end of a time in which every franchise players would want to go to the Lakers, just because they are the Lakers?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #7772 on: February 04, 2012, 12:57:50 PM »
The Lakers have already been informed that Howard won’t sign a long-term deal in Los Angeles, according to sources close to the situation. If the Lakers were to trade for Howard, he would opt out and test free agency. Howard’s interest in Los Angeles has always been overstated, mainly because he doesn’t want to follow in Shaquille O’Neal’s footsteps and he doesn’t want to go through another rebuilding process anytime soon. With Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol in their thirties, Howard would be reaching his prime just as his All-Star teammates were declining.

Is this the end of an era? The end of the Lakers how we know them? The end of a time in which every franchise players would want to go to the Lakers, just because they are the Lakers?

LOL...if we don't get Dwight, we'll get Deron. if we don't get either, we'll find a way to build a contender.......WE THE LAKERS.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #7773 on: February 04, 2012, 03:27:36 PM »
Goudelock can play, the Lakers would have been better off having him going the whole time. Morris looked lost every time he was on the court.

Sccit

« Reply #7774 on: February 04, 2012, 05:05:34 PM »
Goudelock can play, the Lakers would have been better off having him going the whole time. Morris looked lost every time he was on the court.

Morris looked good in the pre-season... he does look lost out there, though. He needs to adjust to the NBA game, cuz he's still playin like it's college out there.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7775 on: February 06, 2012, 11:51:32 AM »
glocks floater is just damn clean, its fresh snow almost every time.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #7776 on: February 07, 2012, 04:30:08 AM »
Our supporting cast is just terrible, especially offensively ... we're basically playing 3 on 5 with the 1st unit , Fish , MWP (or Barnes) can't hit open threes ... the bench without Blake and minus GLock is useless.

We would make it to the Finals with decent PG and SF who can shoot the three and a guy who can score 12 a game from the bench .

Lots of capspace wasted on terrible role players ( MWP, Fisher, Walton )

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7777 on: February 07, 2012, 04:32:42 AM »
glocks floater is just damn clean, its fresh snow almost every time.

Lol at Billy McDonald ... " Look look lookout " and "he goes to the basket unmolested"  :-X

Joel was way better

Sccit

« Reply #7778 on: February 07, 2012, 06:38:32 AM »
"he goes to the basket unmolested"

lmfao...the first time he said that, i was like "wtf did i just hear?"

i really dont get the front office firing Joel and hiring this clown.. he's entertaining, but Joel was a pro and u can tell he was a basketball purist (did his homework). i also liked Paul Sunderland before we got rid of him. oh well...ever since Chick died, the announcers don't mean shit. Spero Dedas was our only hope, and we let him go to New York. :-\

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7779 on: February 07, 2012, 12:42:54 PM »

i really dont get the front office firing Joel and hiring this clown.. he's entertaining, but Joel was a pro and u can tell he was a basketball purist (did his homework). i also liked Paul Sunderland before we got rid of him. oh well...ever since Chick died, the announcers don't mean shit. Spero Dedas was our only hope, and we let him go to New York. :-\

Apparently Spero picked NY because we wouldn't "free' him up for NFL games on Sundays .
I think Billy will be one year and done with the new TV deal kickin in next season ... FO probably went cheap knowing the hire was only for one season .

I remember this clown called the 81pts game  :laugh:

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7780 on: February 07, 2012, 01:09:44 PM »
yea he doesn't have the right voice, and jus nut rides way to much.

i mean i love kobe, but how da hell can everything he do wrong have an excuse? like the foo would suck kobes to get his approval

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

« Reply #7781 on: February 07, 2012, 01:40:05 PM »
yea he doesn't have the right voice, and jus nut rides way to much.

i mean i love kobe, but how da hell can everything he do wrong have an excuse? like the foo would suck kobes to get his approval

what really annoys me is how he gets so excited when the other team scores..like, most announcers dont even get that excited when their own team scores, let alone the opposing team. also, way too much dead air with him. his goofy ass is like a color commentator doing play-by-play...lets hope it's one and done with him and he goes back to doing pre-game shows.......on a side note- john ireland, our radio play-by-play, aint that good either.

Sccit

« Reply #7782 on: February 07, 2012, 01:42:49 PM »

Apparently Spero picked NY because we wouldn't "free' him up for NFL games on Sundays .

big mistake on Spero's behalf...he coulda been the heir to chick hearn's throne. of course, no one will ever replace Chick, but Spero was in line to be a life-long Laker and a popular figure amongst Laker fans. One of those announcers that become the face of the team. Fuckin idiot. havent heard about him since he left LA...mufucka took the wrong path.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7783 on: February 08, 2012, 01:44:15 PM »
Lakers simply aren't deep and Mike Brown is one of the worst offensive coaches I have ever seen... fo real mayne, one of the reasons why the Cavs never came very close to an NBA title was Mike Brown's sorry ass.
I remember how Nik claimed Mike Brown was a good coach, in order to discredit LeBron... haha, Karma is a true bitch I guess. Now Nik gon suffer first sight of how horrible that nigga is... good shit.
I even heard how Fisher was drawing up crucial last possession plays... LMFAO
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 01:48:55 PM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #7784 on: February 08, 2012, 03:30:13 PM »
^ He really is, I mean Kobe, Bynum, and Gasol get their numbers off skill alone, but for the most part they haven't gotten shit from the rest of the team. You can certainly attribute some of that to new players/system but from the few games I watched in Cleveland dude didn't look good running the team's offense, as I recall it was constant isolations for LeBron. With all that said, Lakers are not out.