Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278973 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #8610 on: January 20, 2015, 12:17:04 PM »
Bryant is complete trash at this point... his high usage rate combined with his low efficiency is really hurting the team. If I was a Laker fan, I'd beg him to retire. Now since I am not, I hope he plays 5 more seasons.

yes, because the lakers would be beastin if it werent for kobe.....u are a genius for bein able to see that while no one else could.

jk

They have NO chance of making the playoffs regardless - so yes, if the plan is to keep Kobe on the team to tank and get better picks, it's the right move to keep him. Just not for 5 times of his real athlete value.

lets be real, the team is terrible...and you're only as good as your team. if kobe was playing wit a cast of all-stars ala lebron, then he would be having a stellar season. it's pretty obvious.

Kobe has had terrible teams before, only then he averaged 35+ppg with much better percentages.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #8611 on: January 20, 2015, 12:18:58 PM »
Bryant is complete trash at this point... his high usage rate combined with his low efficiency is really hurting the team. If I was a Laker fan, I'd beg him to retire. Now since I am not, I hope he plays 5 more seasons.

yes, because the lakers would be beastin if it werent for kobe.....u are a genius for bein able to see that while no one else could.

jk

They have NO chance of making the playoffs regardless - so yes, if the plan is to keep Kobe on the team to tank and get better picks, it's the right move to keep him. Just not for 5 times of his real athlete value.

lets be real, the team is terrible...and you're only as good as your team. if kobe was playing wit a cast of all-stars ala lebron, then he would be having a stellar season. it's pretty obvious.

Kobe has had terrible teams before, only then he averaged 35+ppg with much better percentages.

yea, kobe in his prime....kobe out of his prime gone need some help.

put russell westbrook and anthony davis on this team for instance, and kobe will be lookin untouchable.

carlos boozer and ronnie price aint guna cut it tho

Citizen-Y

« Reply #8612 on: January 25, 2015, 07:59:04 PM »
James Harden, you know the non superstar, just slow dicking the Lakers

Sccit

« Reply #8613 on: January 26, 2015, 04:42:15 AM »
James Harden, you know the non superstar, just slow dicking the Lakers

strong accomplishment there, brobro

Mietek23

« Reply #8614 on: January 28, 2015, 12:05:43 PM »

jk

put russell westbrook and anthony davis on this team for instance, and kobe will be lookin untouchable.

I think your missing the point Nik - the problem with Kobe is and always has been his shot selection. Yeah, when he was in his prime he could pull up those ridiculous almost half-court 3-pointers - even tho it were bad shots, he had nights when they go in.

Now at this stage in his career he should be smarter than this and focus on picking up better spots and being more careful with it. Your old and past your best days - play closer to the rim for fuck sake! Use that post play your picked up from Jordan and run with it shooting fadeaway's and turnaround j's from 17 feet - not 5 steps behind 3-point line.

And I don't wanna hear that "he's on a bad team" excuse - yes, he is. But that dosen't mean he should to jack shots like these:

It ain't 2006 muthafucka - use your fuckin' basketball IQ. With 6 second left, he should shoot that ball atleast one step inside 3-point line - it always irritates the fuck out of me when I see him doing some stupid shit like this...

Sccit

« Reply #8615 on: January 28, 2015, 01:55:03 PM »

jk

I think your missing the point Nik - the problem with Kobe is and always has been his shot selection. Yeah, when he was in his prime he could pull up those ridiculous almost half-court 3-pointers - even tho it were bad shots, he had nights when they go in.

Now at this stage in his career he should be smarter than this and focus on picking up better spots and being more careful with it. Your old and past your best days - play closer to the rim for fuck sake! Use that post play your picked up from Jordan and run with it shooting fadeaway's and turnaround j's from 17 feet - not 5 steps behind 3-point line.

And I don't wanna hear that "he's on a bad team" excuse - yes, he is. But that dosen't mean he should to jack shots like these:

It ain't 2006 muthafucka - use your fuckin' basketball IQ. With 6 second left, he should shoot that ball atleast one step inside 3-point line - it always irritates the fuck out of me when I see him doing some stupid shit like this...

doesnt sound like u know how basketball works...when u play on a bad team with a stagnant offense, it's impossible to generate good shots on your own. it's almost like playing 1-on-5.. if there's no movement off the ball, ull basically be forced to take a terrible shot with the clock winding down...thats where teammates come into play. unfortunately for kobe, he didnt have the luxury of playin with a facilitator like pippen for the duration of his prime. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS ON BAD TEAMS....look at the shot clock in the gif u posted. when u fed up with people depending on u all the time, thats what happens.....it's all circumstantial. and thats why i bring up teammates...if kobe had the resources, he'd still be doin what he been doin throughout his career. but he dont, and thats where the bullshit comes from....ur only as good as your team.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8616 on: February 04, 2015, 10:23:39 PM »
im just waiting for the draft lottery  :P

Sccit

« Reply #8617 on: February 05, 2015, 12:14:48 PM »
im just waiting for the draft lottery  :P

U AND THE REST OF US..........................................

WELCOME BACK 8)

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8618 on: February 10, 2015, 08:44:32 PM »
TANK MODE BABY!! WE IN DIS!!

lets embrace this, while all the fakes and frauds leaving the bandwagon. us true fans are riding the tank and when that bad boy reloaded, we gonna be firing cannons on the whole league.

Sccit

« Reply #8619 on: February 10, 2015, 09:22:09 PM »
its dope because all the games are still close and competitive enough to be interesting

Sccit

« Reply #8620 on: February 24, 2015, 02:41:02 PM »
47 points tonight to break the rose garden record. if ur not tuning in to appreciate this once in a lifetime greatness, i duno what the fuck u doin. this may be your last chance, fellas.

EERIE

Sccit

« Reply #8621 on: April 21, 2015, 08:26:58 PM »
Julius Randle on playing Kobe one-on-one: "I was up 7-3....then he beat me 21-7."

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8622 on: April 21, 2015, 08:45:39 PM »
Julius Randle on playing Kobe one-on-one: "I was up 7-3....then he beat me 21-7."

pretty easy to beat a cripple

Sccit

« Reply #8623 on: April 21, 2015, 09:56:51 PM »
they both played in wheel chairs....still a great quote tho

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8624 on: July 01, 2015, 02:16:50 PM »
they both played in wheel chairs....still a great quote tho

LOL i missed this

new LAKERS update:

@Mike Bresnahan
LaMarcus Aldridge will not be joining the Lakers, The Times has learned. They were a 50-50 choice but he disliked bball part of presentation