Author Topic: Arsenal sign Carlos Vela  (Read 349 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Arsenal sign Carlos Vela
« on: November 10, 2005, 08:37:56 AM »

Mexican club Guadalajara have confirmed that 16-year-old striker Carlos Vela is now an Arsenal player.

Vela's father Enrique told the Mexican media on Wednesday that his son was set to move to England and Guadalajara have now confirmed the deal. 

"It's official. Carlos Vela now belongs to Arsenal," said a club statement.

Vela, who scored five goals to help Mexico win the Under-17 World Cup, is expected to cost Arsenal just over £2m and he will sign a five-year deal.

Under the terms of the deal, Vela would play for Spanish side Valencia until he is 18, when he becomes eligible for a work permit in the United Kingdom.

Guadalajara vice-president Nestor De La Torre said: "Arsenal told me that they were planning to loan him out to another team in order to develop before playing in the Premiership.

"The sporting rights of Vela will go to Arsenal for five years. If Arsenal decided to sell Carlos the first option would go to Chivas (Guadalajara)."

Vela will follow in the footsteps of leading international goalscorer Jared Borgetti, the first Mexican to play in England's Premiership, and who joined Bolton earlier this year.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 08:39:47 AM by Woozie »

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Re: Arsenal sign Carlos Vela
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 08:41:20 AM »
2 million sounds like an utter steal for a player of his quality and potential...

celtic were scouting him a while back, probably wish they had made a move for him now!  :-X

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 08:42:46 AM »
i c arsenal selling this kid in a few years for 20 something millions

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 08:46:57 AM »
yeh herd about this, i thought he was signing for celtic  :'(
NO MORE WAR

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 11:40:24 AM »
Two positives come out of this for me...

1.  He'll develop better in Europe than if he were to stay in Mexico
2.  The club he played for in Mexico is rivals with my favorite team, buawhaha so Vela will never get to damage my Aguilas lol

Intriago33

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 04:06:20 PM »
From what I've c'n he looks like he's got a lot of talent, but so has Lupoli and he hasn't been given a chance at Arsenal yet.

I think we could see Vela out on loan somewhere for a few years before he kicks a ball for Arsenal.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 03:33:16 AM »
From what I've c'n he looks like he's got a lot of talent, but so has Lupoli and he hasn't been given a chance at Arsenal yet.

I think we could see Vela out on loan somewhere for a few years before he kicks a ball for Arsenal.

agreed..

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 02:35:06 AM »
Hey mac10 or Woozie ne ov uze heard nethin about that Kevin Fraank kid Celtic got from Real Madrid...Like 17 years old (at the time) Belgian midfielder. was supposed 2 b the next big thing but never heard nethin from him 4 like 4 years......Celtic have a habit of bigging players up 2 early...Steve "Elephant man" Fulton was touted as scotlands answer 2 roberto baggio. LOL...by Lou Macari though so that sort ov explains it.

The Maestro

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 09:11:33 AM »
Not like he would have gone to Celtic anyway.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2005, 01:44:26 PM »

Yeh coz Arsenal are a bigger club than celtic.  :loco:  :nawty:

The Maestro

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 01:55:38 PM »

Yeh coz Arsenal are a bigger club than celtic. :loco: :nawty:

certainly not but the EPL > SPL x 1,000
NO MORE WAR

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 03:53:07 PM »

Goin by this year only on standard of players/games...Only one team goin 2 win the premiership realistically, where as in Scotland there r 3 teams goin 4 it.....n am talkin Celtic,Hearts n Hibs btw...lol

The Maestro

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005, 10:56:04 PM »

Goin by this year only on standard of players/games...Only one team goin 2 win the premiership realistically, where as in Scotland there r 3 teams goin 4 it.....n am talkin Celtic,Hearts n Hibs btw...lol

lol thats straight bullshit.. SPL is real boring been like rangers n celtic for 15 years or soo, just now teams like hearts n hibs are challenging.. No league cann knocc the premiership especially now because the leagues gettin real tight  :)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 02:19:19 AM »

lol thats straight bullshit.. SPL is real boring been like rangers n celtic for 15 years or soo, just now teams like hearts n hibs are challenging.. No league cann knocc the premiership especially now because the leagues gettin real tight :)

No not 15 years for a while in the 80's the new firm (Dundee,Hearts n Aberdeen) were challenging 4 titles. N not includin like 3 seasons the premiership has been a 2 horse race 4 15 years as well. Undeniably the Premiership is far superior 2 the spl, any1 who sez diffrently is a fool but over the last 3 seasons the spl has had more excitement 2 it as relegations/places in europe/champions has went 2 the last day 2 out of the last 3 years. When was the last itme that happend in the premiership?? Now last years relegation battle was superb but the title was realistically won just after christmas coz no1 was gona catch chelsea after that. This year there r 3 teams genuinely in with a chance of winning the title where as there is 1 team in premiership. Premiership = Better players,Better matches (although a hearts aberdeen appeals 2 me waaaaay more than a Fulham Vs Westbrom 4 example) SPL = more excting league taking in2 consideration teams going 4 title n teams likely 2 get relegated.

The Maestro