Poll

Is Kwame Brown a bust?

Yes. He's a bust. A decent bench player, maybe. Nothing more.
20 (87%)
No. Potentially he's a superstar. He just needs time.
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Is Kwame Brown a bust?  (Read 1453 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is Kwame Brown a bust?
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2005, 04:51:37 AM »
^Cause he's a true fan and believes in his team.

Lol... that's what the truth is.. he just overrates the Lakers as a sort of fan-support. He knows it. He's not objective and he doesn't aim at being objective. He sees everything through purple-gold glasses.
I'm ok with that but the problem starts when he disses every Laker who doesn't roll like that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2005, 12:08:33 PM »
hows antonio a hater lmfao.  He is tame compared to how fans in ny are with there sport teams

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=95424.25

Read reply #29...Even ToNe had to tell him to stop with the Laker hating...LOL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2005, 12:30:28 PM »
and to answer the question, yes kwame brown is a bust.  After watching him in the east for the past 4 years, i could of told you he was a bust.  He was always compared to curry and chandler so i always kept a eye on him.

Well, here are the point/rebound averages from all 3 players their first 3 season...

Kwame Brown-
season 1: 4.5 ppg 3.5 rpg
season 2: 7.4 ppg 5.3 rpg
season 3: 10.9 ppg 7.4 rpg

Eddy Curry-
season 1: 6.7 ppg 3.8 rpg
season 2: 10.5 ppg 4.4 rpg
season 3: 14.7 ppg 6.2 rpg

Tyson Chandler-
season 1: 6.1 ppg 4.8 rpg
season 2: 9.2 ppg 6.9 rpg
season 3: 6.1 ppg 7.7 rpg

Looks like all 3 players posted up very similar numbers their first 3 seasons...In fact, by the 3rd season, some had argued that Kwame had surpassed Curry and Chandler. Kwame easily has the ability to be better than both Curry and Chandler in the future...Discluding last season, all 3 players posted up similar career numbers and have progressed season by season...If Brown remains soft and doesn't change anything by the end of this season, I'd say that he's not worth the potential anymore, but he has shown improvements throughout his career and has held his own against Curry and Chandler, both who haven't had the same setbacks as Kwame throughout their career...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2005, 12:33:38 PM »
1. I'm doing it since this summer, when you was predicting 9+ wins for the month of November while i was being pessimistic.
2. I'm calling out Odom and Brown since this summer, when you was talking about them how "future superstars".
3. I haven't changed my opinion cause i was basically right.

Shut up.

You weren't right, it's not even all-star break yet...Lakers have always started slow, even in their championship runs, you fuckin hater. :-X

So? I wasn't right because i'm right?
And if it was so obvious then why did you predict 9 wins in November?

I never said they would win 9 games, it's more like I was hoping for it and saw it as a possibility...Obviously, it's gunna take a little longer than 9 games to establish the Lakers as a team... ::)

acbaylove

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2005, 04:38:50 PM »
I never said they would win 9 games, it's more like I was hoping for it and saw it as a possibility...Obviously, it's gunna take a little longer than 9 games to establish the Lakers as a team... ::)

It was a prediction, fool. How moronic is to vote 9+ wins to a prediction just cause you're a Laker fan and you hope them to win them all? You are a moron.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2005, 04:41:42 PM »

It was a prediction, fool. How moronic is to vote 9+ wins to a prediction just cause you're a Laker fan and you hope them to win them all? You are a moron.

I am a moron because I had hopes for my team? LMAO...If the Lakers put together a 9 game winning streak this year, I'm gunna personally fly to where you're at and shit all over your lost pride. :-X

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2005, 04:44:50 PM »
Every laker thread is a damn fucking war between NIK vs Antonio or somebody else.  God damn, cant you guys see the difference between what type of fans u guys are.  One sees potential the other sees whats going on. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2005, 04:48:40 PM »
Every laker thread is a damn fucking war between NIK vs Antonio or somebody else.  God damn, cant you guys see the difference between what type of fans u guys are.  One sees potential the other sees whats going on. 

It doesn't matter, if he was a "hardcore fan" like he claimed, he would at least put some sort of faith in his team...At least you have the balls to know you're not a consistant fan and don't claim to be "crazy" about the Lakers. Antonio seems to think hating on your team and doubting their plans is part of being a hardcore fan... ::)

acbaylove

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2005, 06:38:23 PM »

I am a moron because I had hopes for my team? LMAO...If the Lakers put together a 9 game winning streak this year, I'm gunna personally fly to where you're at and shit all over your lost pride. :-X

Man stop ruining each and every topic Lakers related with your nonsense bullshit. Just admit you made a wrong prediction and eat shit.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2005, 01:16:36 AM »

Man stop ruining each and every topic Lakers related with your nonsense bullshit. Just admit you made a wrong prediction and eat shit.

Eat shit? Homeboy, I will shit on your boots and make you clean that shit with your gums. What does a right or wrong prediction have to do with the fact that you're a certified Laker hater? ???

acbaylove

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2005, 12:35:29 PM »
You was wrong. I was right. I don't want to chat about basketball with you, cause you ain't on my level. Basically you have a good knowledge about basketball, but you are so biased about the Lakers that it's not interesting to have a conversation with you. If I write Brown is a rising star then you'll dickride me, if i write he's a bust (and he is) you'll diss me saying i'm a certified Laker hater. If i quote you other articles from Laker fans where they talk about the same problems i noticed, then you call me a stupid cause i care about media. With you it's impossible to have a serious conversation. So this is my last reply to you. Looser.

Doggystylin

« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2005, 12:44:10 PM »
Bynum>Kwame

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2005, 12:44:17 PM »
You was wrong. I was right. I don't want to chat about basketball with you, cause you ain't on my level. Basically you have a good knowledge about basketball, but you are so biased about the Lakers that it's not interesting to have a conversation with you. If I write Brown is a rising star then you'll dickride me, if i write he's a bust (and he is) you'll diss me saying i'm a certified Laker hater. If i quote you other articles from Laker fans where they talk about the same problems i noticed, then you call me a stupid cause i care about media. With you it's impossible to have a serious conversation. So this is my last reply to you. Looser.

You're totally missing the point. Maybe it's because you don't speak English as well, but you have to look further into things. It ain't as simple as that, I mean TONE has fuckin' called you out on your hating and lack of hope...Does that not tell you anything? Hell, I'VE CRITICIZED THE LAKERS MYSELF! Remember my thread "LAKERS SUCK..."? The difference is that I do it with respect, I show Laker-pride and you don't...For someone watching as a 3rd person, they'd be able to see that I actually live in LA and you don't...That's due to my heavy support for the Lakers and your pessimistic ways of displaying your feelings for your own team. For me, the Lakers are my team. For you, the Lakers are a team you like...I don't think you hate the Lakers, I just think you're a lost cause, and it's causing you to hate ON the Lakers...If you say Odom is playing shitty, Kwame is playing shitty, the system isn't in tact, etc. that's fine...Once you turn around and say shit like, "Kwame will remain a bust, there's no hope for him" and "Clippers own the Lakers and they most likely wont make the playoffs", that's when you get flamed on...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2005, 12:44:45 PM »
Bynum>Kwame

Bynum's future is currently looking more promising, yes.

acbaylove

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2005, 01:57:57 PM »
You're totally missing the point. Maybe it's because you don't speak English as well, but you have to look further into things. It ain't as simple as that, I mean TONE has fuckin' called you out on your hating and lack of hope...Does that not tell you anything?

No. Because he was talking about my 5 wins prediction without remembering i predicted Lakers to play better and better starting from December too, in the same topic where i predicted 5 wins. I predicted a slow start because i used my mind. I'm not saying Lakers will be out the playoffs or something like that. I've never said that. I only talk about the present. And i've only made 1 prediction about the future, and it was the 5 wins one. A good one, let me add.

Hell, I'VE CRITICIZED THE LAKERS MYSELF! Remember my thread "LAKERS SUCK..."? The difference is that I do it with respect, I show Laker-pride and you don't...For someone watching as a 3rd person, they'd be able to see that I actually live in LA and you don't...That's due to my heavy support for the Lakers and your pessimistic ways of displaying your feelings for your own team. For me, the Lakers are my team. For you, the Lakers are a team you like...

The fact is that i live in Italy. Here nobody cares about the Lakers, really. Here i'm open minded about it, without feeling like i have to "protect" "my" team from the haters. You probably do. You probably have daily conversations with friends who supports the Clippers, or the Heat, or the Queens, etc.. So you are so defensive about the Lakers. Defensive-minded. I don't. So i don't feel like i have to be so protective about them. I'm a fan. An hardcore fan. I wake up at 4 am to see a match via web, in low quality, or simply via radio. And then i go to work at 7 am. Without sleeping at all. I feel like they are "my" team, not simply a team i like. I love them with passion, just like you. But i can't lie to myself. I don't like Brown. I don't like how Odom ain't playing aggressive in offence. I don't like how it's still "pass it to Kobe and let's hope for a 1 vs 3 miracle shot!". I don't like all those things. And i don't care if, from your prospective, i look like a hater. I know i ain't. I speak the truth cause i feel comfortable speaking the truth, and i don't have to defend them from the haters. When someone tries to diss the Lakers without a reason, i'm the first to defend them. But in all honestly, i don't need to be so protective like you. I love basketball. And i don't care about other people's opinion about the Lakers. I got mine. And i'd like to share it with other people (including you, if possible) without being dissed. If i got dissed for just saying what i see, then fuck it, i'll stop posting.

I don't think you hate the Lakers, I just think you're a lost cause, and it's causing you to hate ON the Lakers...If you say Odom is playing shitty, Kwame is playing shitty, the system isn't in tact, etc. that's fine...Once you turn around and say shit like, "Kwame will remain a bust, there's no hope for him" and "Clippers own the Lakers and they most likely wont make the playoffs", that's when you get flamed on...PeACe

I never said the Lakers will not make the playoffs. Clippers owns the Lakers right now means they're better than the Lakers? If it does, that's what i said. About Kwame, I GOT no hope for him. I'm happy you do hope for him to play like a beast. But it's not me who started dissing you over your opinion. It's you.