Poll

Is Kwame Brown a bust?

Yes. He's a bust. A decent bench player, maybe. Nothing more.
20 (87%)
No. Potentially he's a superstar. He just needs time.
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Is Kwame Brown a bust?  (Read 1452 times)

acbaylove

Re: Is Kwame Brown a bust?
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2005, 01:58:27 PM »
Bynum>Kwame

Bynum's future is currently looking more promising, yes.

I do agree. ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2005, 03:21:49 PM »
You're totally missing the point. Maybe it's because you don't speak English as well, but you have to look further into things. It ain't as simple as that, I mean TONE has fuckin' called you out on your hating and lack of hope...Does that not tell you anything?

No. Because he was talking about my 5 wins prediction without remembering i predicted Lakers to play better and better starting from December too, in the same topic where i predicted 5 wins. I predicted a slow start because i used my mind. I'm not saying Lakers will be out the playoffs or something like that. I've never said that. I only talk about the present. And i've only made 1 prediction about the future, and it was the 5 wins one. A good one, let me add.

Hell, I'VE CRITICIZED THE LAKERS MYSELF! Remember my thread "LAKERS SUCK..."? The difference is that I do it with respect, I show Laker-pride and you don't...For someone watching as a 3rd person, they'd be able to see that I actually live in LA and you don't...That's due to my heavy support for the Lakers and your pessimistic ways of displaying your feelings for your own team. For me, the Lakers are my team. For you, the Lakers are a team you like...

The fact is that i live in Italy. Here nobody cares about the Lakers, really. Here i'm open minded about it, without feeling like i have to "protect" "my" team from the haters. You probably do. You probably have daily conversations with friends who supports the Clippers, or the Heat, or the Queens, etc.. So you are so defensive about the Lakers. Defensive-minded. I don't. So i don't feel like i have to be so protective about them. I'm a fan. An hardcore fan. I wake up at 4 am to see a match via web, in low quality, or simply via radio. And then i go to work at 7 am. Without sleeping at all. I feel like they are "my" team, not simply a team i like. I love them with passion, just like you. But i can't lie to myself. I don't like Brown. I don't like how Odom ain't playing aggressive in offence. I don't like how it's still "pass it to Kobe and let's hope for a 1 vs 3 miracle shot!". I don't like all those things. And i don't care if, from your prospective, i look like a hater. I know i ain't. I speak the truth cause i feel comfortable speaking the truth, and i don't have to defend them from the haters. When someone tries to diss the Lakers without a reason, i'm the first to defend them. But in all honestly, i don't need to be so protective like you. I love basketball. And i don't care about other people's opinion about the Lakers. I got mine. And i'd like to share it with other people (including you, if possible) without being dissed. If i got dissed for just saying what i see, then fuck it, i'll stop posting.

I don't think you hate the Lakers, I just think you're a lost cause, and it's causing you to hate ON the Lakers...If you say Odom is playing shitty, Kwame is playing shitty, the system isn't in tact, etc. that's fine...Once you turn around and say shit like, "Kwame will remain a bust, there's no hope for him" and "Clippers own the Lakers and they most likely wont make the playoffs", that's when you get flamed on...PeACe

I never said the Lakers will not make the playoffs. Clippers owns the Lakers right now means they're better than the Lakers? If it does, that's what i said. About Kwame, I GOT no hope for him. I'm happy you do hope for him to play like a beast. But it's not me who started dissing you over your opinion. It's you.

Look, if you really want me to stop dissing your fan status, then I will...It's just that it's very obvious that you lack a certain amount of hope, faith, and "Laker pride" most -hardcore fans- have...But I'll try to stop the dissin' if it really gets to you that bad.

acbaylove

« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2005, 06:34:55 PM »
It's just boring, man. 10 pages full of us dissing each others, and we both supports the same team. It's plain stupid. Starting from this post i'll never diss a Laker fan again in this board again. Expecially if he's just expressing his own opinion about the team. I feel like we are a family, for real. Things went bad between me and you since i started loosing the faith in Odom, this summer. And since i disliked the Kwame Brown trade/project. You probably got me wrong, and in the noise of the disses i probably was forced to say things i didn't really want to say about Odom and probably Brown. I like Odom. I'm European, so i like all around players with high basketball IQ who plays with intelligence. Odom performed very well with the (used to be known as) Dream Team and with Brown coaching him, cause he's intelligent and very "European" in his playing style. He's a great project, and if i was a coach i'd love to have a player like him in my team. But i expect him to step up big, since i think he's potentially "another Pippen". I expect too much from him, that i don't like what i'm seeing yet. He's shooting too much from 3pts, he's not taking an advantage using his size, he's not making enought shots in the 2nd period to take some pressure off Bryant like he should do. And i'm happy he admitted it. I'm loving his rebounds, i'm loving his assists, i'm loving his basketball IQ, but he needs to take more responsabilities in offence, going 1 on 1, forcing some shots, getting some fouls, shooting more free throws.. in other words he has to start playing like a co-capitain. About Brown, i'm liking his defensive attitude. I mean he can intimidate everyone with his long arms, but he's one of the players with the lowest basketball IQ i've ever seen. The opposite of Odom. He just can't understand his position on the floor, and he's making embarassing performances. Ok, i'll give him more time to understand his role into the team, but - to be honest - he's not the right big guy for the contender team we're building. I'd rather give Bynum a chance. He looks more promising than Brown already. So that's what i'm saying. Maybe the word "bust" is too strong for you to accept it. But i hope Mitch will make another trade in the near future to give Phil another PF to add to the rotation, cause Brown alone isn't enought, and cause Cook and Medvedenko are Euroleague material. Better? Now let's support the Lakers like a family. Peace.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2005, 08:32:13 PM »
It's just boring, man. 10 pages full of us dissing each others, and we both supports the same team. It's plain stupid. Starting from this post i'll never diss a Laker fan again in this board again. Expecially if he's just expressing his own opinion about the team. I feel like we are a family, for real. Things went bad between me and you since i started loosing the faith in Odom, this summer. And since i disliked the Kwame Brown trade/project. You probably got me wrong, and in the noise of the disses i probably was forced to say things i didn't really want to say about Odom and probably Brown. I like Odom. I'm European, so i like all around players with high basketball IQ who plays with intelligence. Odom performed very well with the (used to be known as) Dream Team and with Brown coaching him, cause he's intelligent and very "European" in his playing style. He's a great project, and if i was a coach i'd love to have a player like him in my team. But i expect him to step up big, since i think he's potentially "another Pippen". I expect too much from him, that i don't like what i'm seeing yet. He's shooting too much from 3pts, he's not taking an advantage using his size, he's not making enought shots in the 2nd period to take some pressure off Bryant like he should do. And i'm happy he admitted it. I'm loving his rebounds, i'm loving his assists, i'm loving his basketball IQ, but he needs to take more responsabilities in offence, going 1 on 1, forcing some shots, getting some fouls, shooting more free throws.. in other words he has to start playing like a co-capitain. About Brown, i'm liking his defensive attitude. I mean he can intimidate everyone with his long arms, but he's one of the players with the lowest basketball IQ i've ever seen. The opposite of Odom. He just can't understand his position on the floor, and he's making embarassing performances. Ok, i'll give him more time to understand his role into the team, but - to be honest - he's not the right big guy for the contender team we're building. I'd rather give Bynum a chance. He looks more promising than Brown already. So that's what i'm saying. Maybe the word "bust" is too strong for you to accept it. But i hope Mitch will make another trade in the near future to give Phil another PF to add to the rotation, cause Brown alone isn't enought, and cause Cook and Medvedenko are Euroleague material. Better? Now let's support the Lakers like a family. Peace.

How 'bout this...You give Kwame a chance, because if we, as fans, don't give him a chance he'll never have the right encouragement behind his low self-esteem to push him to that next level. He's obviously skilled, he can easily surpass Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler. In fact, look at all 3 of the mentioned big men and their first 3 seasons (I posted it eariler)...Kwame was developing faster and was believed to be the better of the 3. He was improving greatly up until the offseason of 2004 when he broke his ankle and then returned only to get bullied out of playing time (and eventually the playoffs) for "missing practice" by Eddie Jordan...I say we, as Laker fans, give him the chance (and that means A LOT more than 9 games) to develop into the beast everyone thinks he can. I remember Kwame had a stretch for the Wizards where he averaged 25 points and 15 rebounds for a couple weeks and was very into the team and winning at the time...I remember seeing Wizard fans saying how proud they've been of Kwame's development and how they expect him to be great and wouldn't even trade him for Shaq (this was at the time the Lakers were looking to trade Shaq). That's why I think Kwame can do it. I think if we cheer him and and put some faith behind him, he'll be AT LEAST a very serviceable big-man, if not a star...Shit, Curry is a star and it's known that Kwame is much more talented overall than Curry. Now he just needs to apply that talent in the triangle, and he's unfortunately a slow learner...Odom as well, he's pulling in numbers for us, shit, he's not Pippen at the moment, but he's a wise player and knows when to take blame. He just needs to stop settling for the 3-ball and develop a nice mid-range jumper along with a consistant drive to the hoop to perfect his game and finally be recognized as an elite star...But if we never give them the chance, it can never happen...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2005, 03:24:18 AM »
How 'bout this...You give Kwame a chance, because if we, as fans, don't give him a chance he'll never have the right encouragement behind his low self-esteem to push him to that next level. He's obviously skilled, he can easily surpass Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler. In fact, look at all 3 of the mentioned big men and their first 3 seasons (I posted it eariler)...Kwame was developing faster and was believed to be the better of the 3. He was improving greatly up until the offseason of 2004 when he broke his ankle and then returned only to get bullied out of playing time (and eventually the playoffs) for "missing practice" by Eddie Jordan...I say we, as Laker fans, give him the chance (and that means A LOT more than 9 games) to develop into the beast everyone thinks he can. I remember Kwame had a stretch for the Wizards where he averaged 25 points and 15 rebounds for a couple weeks and was very into the team and winning at the time...I remember seeing Wizard fans saying how proud they've been of Kwame's development and how they expect him to be great and wouldn't even trade him for Shaq (this was at the time the Lakers were looking to trade Shaq). That's why I think Kwame can do it. I think if we cheer him and and put some faith behind him, he'll be AT LEAST a very serviceable big-man, if not a star...Shit, Curry is a star and it's known that Kwame is much more talented overall than Curry. Now he just needs to apply that talent in the triangle, and he's unfortunately a slow learner...

The fact is that he's really slow. So much that the Wizards traded him because they thought he wasn't just slow, but mediocre. But you are right about giving him a chance. I mean i didn't want Mitch to trade for him, but he did, so now we are forced to give him a chance. Plus right now we have no better options for the PF spot, unless we trade for somebody.

Odom as well, he's pulling in numbers for us, shit, he's not Pippen at the moment, but he's a wise player and knows when to take blame. He just needs to stop settling for the 3-ball and develop a nice mid-range jumper along with a consistant drive to the hoop to perfect his game and finally be recognized as an elite star...But if we never give them the chance, it can never happen...PeACe

With Odom the situation is different. He knows what to do, and i'm sure he got skills. He's just playing under his potential since he joined the Lakers. In Miami he was the star of the team, i've loved him in Miami. But in L.A. he just suffers Kobe phisologically. He has that "where's Kobe?" mentality on the floor, and i don't like it cause, like you said, he has the potential to be another superstar, and not only the role player he is right now. He needs to step up his game. I want him to be a superstar just like Kobe. To help him. And to outscore him, sometimes. Shit i'd rather prefeer him going 1/30 than 2/2, you know what i mean? I want him to be aggressive. Coaches should double-team him like they usually double-team Kobe. But he needs to step up, man.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2005, 02:03:39 PM »
The fact is that he's really slow. So much that the Wizards traded him because they thought he wasn't just slow, but mediocre. But you are right about giving him a chance. I mean i didn't want Mitch to trade for him, but he did, so now we are forced to give him a chance. Plus right now we have no better options for the PF spot, unless we trade for somebody.

Kwame is not a fast learner, true, but that doesn't mean he can't learn at all...He was traded due to his problems with the organization and his trade value was heavily down due to his catashtrophic previous season. That doesn't mean he never progressed...As I pointed out earlier, minus last season, he's shown faster improvements than Curry and Chandler...I believe he can step it up a whole lot, maybe not to superstardom, but he can without a doubt be an excellent role player and a VERY serviceable big-man. We don't even need him to be so much as an offensive force (even though he has it in him to be so), but he can provide us with a very physical and talented big man to shut down (or help shut down) the elite big men of the league on the defensive end. So far, he's been our best defensive presence out of all of our frontcourt players and he's not even close to full potential...All I'm saying is that he's done amazing things in the past and if we give him a chance it could only open the door for him to do it again on a consistant basis...Get the dreezy? If we don't put faith behind him as fans, there's no way he'll pull it together and play like we know he can...

With Odom the situation is different. He knows what to do, and i'm sure he got skills. He's just playing under his potential since he joined the Lakers. In Miami he was the star of the team, i've loved him in Miami. But in L.A. he just suffers Kobe phisologically. He has that "where's Kobe?" mentality on the floor, and i don't like it cause, like you said, he has the potential to be another superstar, and not only the role player he is right now. He needs to step up his game. I want him to be a superstar just like Kobe. To help him. And to outscore him, sometimes. Shit i'd rather prefeer him going 1/30 than 2/2, you know what i mean? I want him to be aggressive. Coaches should double-team him like they usually double-team Kobe. But he needs to step up, man.

Odom will do Odom...If his game doesn't comply with our system, we'll be forced to trade him...So lets not hate too soon...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2005, 04:18:47 PM »
Kwame is not a fast learner, true, but that doesn't mean he can't learn at all...He was traded due to his problems with the organization and his trade value was heavily down due to his catashtrophic previous season. That doesn't mean he never progressed...As I pointed out earlier, minus last season, he's shown faster improvements than Curry and Chandler...I believe he can step it up a whole lot, maybe not to superstardom, but he can without a doubt be an excellent role player and a VERY serviceable big-man. We don't even need him to be so much as an offensive force (even though he has it in him to be so), but he can provide us with a very physical and talented big man to shut down (or help shut down) the elite big men of the league on the defensive end. So far, he's been our best defensive presence out of all of our frontcourt players and he's not even close to full potential...

Are you talking about Mihm, Cook and Medvedenko? Cause even Curry is a better defender than Cook and Medvedenko combined! ::)

All I'm saying is that he's done amazing things in the past and if we give him a chance it could only open the door for him to do it again on a consistant basis...Get the dreezy? If we don't put faith behind him as fans, there's no way he'll pull it together and play like we know he can...

Man, Mitch obviously was desperate when he traded for Kwame Brown. He tried to make a dollar out of 50 cents, but the truth is that the player was a bust, and nobody really wanted to give him another chance. His teammates, his coach, his GM, Michael Jordan, everybody passed on him. Nobody, man. You're talking about "amazing things" done in the past, but stop lying to yourself please. You was very disappointed about the trade too, just check them topics about the trade. Now to say we gotta give him a chance is another different thing. I'll give him a chance, obviously, since he's a Laker. I'll support him when he plays, and i'll hope for him to finally reach his full potential. But you can't deny he's struggling, and he's having big problems understanding the ABC of basketball. He's so damn raw, man. He's a 2-3 years-long project. Too much. I'd rather spend that time trying to make Bynum an All-Star. Consider Odom is struggling playing as the initiator of the triangle. Tex Winter said it, not me. He said Odom should move back to the PF spot, with George SF and with Parker as the initiator. So i think it's time to move Brown to the bench, giving him all the time he needs, but from the bench. He's not ready yet to play as a starter, expecially for a glorious team like the Lakers. We're still in need of an impact front-court player, man. So Mitch, try to make another dollar out of 50 cents, please. And try to make another trade to acquire a most appealing player, please! I'll give Brown all the time of this world, from the bench. But i ain't excited about him, and i ain't excited about his trade at all. He'll move back to the bench soon. So we wasted Butler and Atkins for a bench player, basically. Too raw to start. And who's having great problems trying to find a role for himself in this team. You called it "role player". I call it "bench player".

Odom will do Odom...If his game doesn't comply with our system, we'll be forced to trade him...So lets not hate too soon...PeACe

Finally you're realizing it. Flash: he's struggling. If he needs more time i'll give him more time. But he's struggling, and it seems like he doesn't comply with our system at all. Ask Tex.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2005, 05:25:07 PM »
Kwame is not a fast learner, true, but that doesn't mean he can't learn at all...He was traded due to his problems with the organization and his trade value was heavily down due to his catashtrophic previous season. That doesn't mean he never progressed...As I pointed out earlier, minus last season, he's shown faster improvements than Curry and Chandler...I believe he can step it up a whole lot, maybe not to superstardom, but he can without a doubt be an excellent role player and a VERY serviceable big-man. We don't even need him to be so much as an offensive force (even though he has it in him to be so), but he can provide us with a very physical and talented big man to shut down (or help shut down) the elite big men of the league on the defensive end. So far, he's been our best defensive presence out of all of our frontcourt players and he's not even close to full potential...

Are you talking about Mihm, Cook and Medvedenko? Cause even Curry is a better defender than Cook and Medvedenko combined! ::)

I was talking about Kwame Brown... ::)

Man, Mitch obviously was desperate when he traded for Kwame Brown. He tried to make a dollar out of 50 cents, but the truth is that the player was a bust, and nobody really wanted to give him another chance. His teammates, his coach, his GM, Michael Jordan, everybody passed on him. Nobody, man. You're talking about "amazing things" done in the past, but stop lying to yourself please. You was very disappointed about the trade too, just check them topics about the trade. Now to say we gotta give him a chance is another different thing. I'll give him a chance, obviously, since he's a Laker. I'll support him when he plays, and i'll hope for him to finally reach his full potential. But you can't deny he's struggling, and he's having big problems understanding the ABC of basketball. He's so damn raw, man. He's a 2-3 years-long project. Too much. I'd rather spend that time trying to make Bynum an All-Star. Consider Odom is struggling playing as the initiator of the triangle. Tex Winter said it, not me. He said Odom should move back to the PF spot, with George SF and with Parker as the initiator. So i think it's time to move Brown to the bench, giving him all the time he needs, but from the bench. He's not ready yet to play as a starter, expecially for a glorious team like the Lakers. We're still in need of an impact front-court player, man. So Mitch, try to make another dollar out of 50 cents, please. And try to make another trade to acquire a most appealing player, please! I'll give Brown all the time of this world, from the bench. But i ain't excited about him, and i ain't excited about his trade at all. He'll move back to the bench soon. So we wasted Butler and Atkins for a bench player, basically. Too raw to start. And who's having great problems trying to find a role for himself in this team. You called it "role player". I call it "bench player".

Kwame Brown IS an impact fron-court player...11/8 is not impact? He's done that for a full season, and even had a stretch of 25/15 for a little bit...he can do it again under the right conditions, that's all I'm saying...Kwame has proven he can play, now he just needs to apply that talent regularly...

Finally you're realizing it. Flash: he's struggling. If he needs more time i'll give him more time. But he's struggling, and it seems like he doesn't comply with our system at all. Ask Tex.

Well, I've seen both...I've seen Odom succesfuly playing the initiator role for the first 4 games of the season, and then the offense completely collapsed for the next 4...It's not like Odom CAN'T do it, it's just that slumps come a lot in his case, and he needs to eliminate that flaw and stregnthen his weaknesses...If he perfects his drive to the hoop and develops a consistant mid-range jumper, you easily have one of the NBA's top players...

acbaylove

« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2005, 05:44:23 PM »

I was talking about Kwame Brown... ::)

I know. But you closed the quoted post by saying "So far, he's been our best defensive presence out of all of our frontcourt players". The other frontcourt players are Cook and Medvedenko. It's not a big deal if Kwame is defending better than them, lol.

Kwame Brown IS an impact fron-court player...11/8 is not impact? He's done that for a full season, and even had a stretch of 25/15 for a little bit...he can do it again under the right conditions, that's all I'm saying...Kwame has proven he can play, now he just needs to apply that talent regularly...

11/8 is not what i call an impact player, sorry. Decent stats, but not #1 draft pick material.

Well, I've seen both...I've seen Odom succesfuly playing the initiator role for the first 4 games of the season, and then the offense completely collapsed for the next 4...It's not like Odom CAN'T do it, it's just that slumps come a lot in his case, and he needs to eliminate that flaw and stregnthen his weaknesses...If he perfects his drive to the hoop and develops a consistant mid-range jumper, you easily have one of the NBA's top players...

I agree. Key word is "IF". Like for Brown.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2005, 05:49:02 PM »
An impact player isn't a superstar. 11/8 are nice numbers for a 21 year old PF (that was his age when he averaged those numbers)...He can play, he can average at least 11/8, if not 15/10...He just needs a chance from us.

acbaylove

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2005, 06:04:23 PM »
An impact player isn't a superstar. 11/8 are nice numbers for a 21 year old PF (that was his age when he averaged those numbers)...He can play, he can average at least 11/8, if not 15/10...He just needs a chance from us.

He's the starting PF of the Lakers, with no decent players who can take his role. Plus he's playing for the best coach ever, with the best player in the NBA, and Jabbar worked with him during the preseason. More chance than this one? Anyway say it to Tex. He's the one unhappy about Odom and Brown. My opinion i know doesnt mean shit to you. But at least take his one more seriously.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2005, 06:27:25 PM »

He's the starting PF of the Lakers, with no decent players who can take his role. Plus he's playing for the best coach ever, with the best player in the NBA, and Jabbar worked with him during the preseason. More chance than this one? Anyway say it to Tex. He's the one unhappy about Odom and Brown. My opinion i know doesnt mean shit to you. But at least take his one more seriously.

So you admit that you expect a slow learner, Kwame Brown, to learn an extremely complex offense, the triangle, in 8 games and instantly become an offensive force? Patience is virtue...We only had him for 8 games. I think we can wait a little more than that.

acbaylove

« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2005, 03:19:09 AM »

So you admit that you expect a slow learner, Kwame Brown, to learn an extremely complex offense, the triangle, in 8 games and instantly become an offensive force? Patience is virtue...We only had him for 8 games. I think we can wait a little more than that.

Man yesterday Cook started for us. 17 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assist, 1 block, 1 steal, 0 turnover.
He might be less skilled than Brown (he is), but he's more ready to play for us. That's my opinion.
I'm not saying he's a better player, but i'd like to see Brown coming from the bench, with less pressure.
I just want him to enter from the bench and to play hard defence when we need that.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2005, 03:41:47 AM »

Man yesterday Cook started for us. 17 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assist, 1 block, 1 steal, 0 turnover.
He might be less skilled than Brown (he is), but he's more ready to play for us. That's my opinion.
I'm not saying he's a better player, but i'd like to see Brown coming from the bench, with less pressure.
I just want him to enter from the bench and to play hard defence when we need that.

I was just about too mention that.I said a couple weeks ago "don;t be surprised if B.Cook Starts at the PF".

Having Kwame out there is like playing 5 on 4,He does nothing for this team.With Cook @ least Defences have too pay attention to him b/c he has a jumpshot.B.Cook also plays Team Defence,He's always taking a Charge 8)  He might be a little soft when it comes too Defending players 1 0n 1 & rebounding but still..Cook>>>Kwame.

And Cook also hustles,i love that shit,he seems to always know where the ball is at 8)  I hope Kwame doesn't Start a Nother game.

acbaylove

« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2005, 04:04:03 AM »
It's up to Cook now. He gotta continue making performances like this one and i think this could be a good option.