Author Topic: Hittman and The Game who iz a better rapper?  (Read 1861 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Hittman and The Game who iz a better rapper?
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2007, 11:15:55 AM »
Check it out, please.

Hittman DOES have an album on sickbayrecords.com. I purchased it at Rhino Records, it's on Sick Bay Records and it is called Hittmanic Verses. it has a cover, a label everything...he has an album, and alot of people have not heard it.

Anyway...years ago, when 2001 came out I did not like Hitt. I thought he was some old Dre friend that Dre owed a favor to and I didn't understand why there wasn't more Em, Snoop, and Xzibit. Did NOT appreciate or feel Hitt. then i left hip hop in 02/03 blah bla the classic Tanjint story.....

upon my return, I got into Game...my interest in game had me checking out all the dre proteges, and I heard a bunch of B. lamont and even though he's dope I kept thinking man...Lamont is dope...but he doesn't have the fluidity of Hitt.

I bought Hitt's album and WHOAH...to me it's beyond amazing that this shit did not get released. Everyone I've shown it to has said they can't believe this shit didn't go triple platinum and shit.

Game is a juicy hamburger and Hitt is a shrimp cocktail. A shrimp cocktail is clearly a more quality product, bu more people want something more simple, blatant, in your face and filling. Hitt is an acquired taste, you really gotta be looking at the skills that make up an MC to see why Hitt is so dope and I wasn't able to do that when i was 12-13 the way I can assess musicality, lyricism, and other mic-talents now.

The ONLY thing Game has going on more than Hitt is his over-all concept: game is a walking personification of the rap game...he knows all the latest industry/showbiz gossip, has references galore, is aware of his place in the WC/NWA/DRE legacy and he speaks on it/attempts to live up to it in an interesting way. He also does the rhyme a word with the same word different meaning thing and other cool and original aspects to his rapping.

He's a funner story to watch...but purely as an MC? He is just now starting to approach B.Lamont's status who is just now starting to approach Hittman's status.. So game has some miles to go...

check it:

for a long time i've been saying that media/mtv/vh1/bet has been distorting the public's view of artists for a long time.

I know people that don't listen to Kaney cause he's arrogant...but if all you had was his albums to go by and not him saying stupid shit on mtv all the time, he wouldn't seem any more arrogant than your average hip hop artist but the voyeuristic nature of our culture makes us feel like we know him, can judge him accurately and we watch him all the time...he's no longer just a recording artist...his whole life is a piece of 'art' for us to dissect, judge, critique and as cool as that is we lose sight of art.

game, as i've said before, is a perfectly marketed west coast comeback....disses east coast pop acts, has an interesting prodigal son thing going on with Dre, is a former drug dealer/gang member who's been shot and lived etc...Game is a more interesting story, his life as a piece of art trumps Hitts FOR sure but say all we had was Game's raps versus Hittman's raps...Game cannot even fathom what it would be like to see Hittman.

Hitt's style is more subtle than most, but he does not rap monotone, his flow is BONKERS AAAAND bananas. His lyrics are insanely creative, clever and funny. and he picks GREAT beats. BUT he doesn't yell like game, he doesn't start shit like Game, doesn't get melodramatic like game so less people will find him engaging but his rapping is so unique and creative it's ridiculous.

Hitt didn't drop because it's not the 90's anymore: In the 90's you could be a fat guy and come into the game and only have to show yourself for a few videos but mainly it was about your radio sound, and your album....NOW you have to be able to hit celebrity game shows, reality shows, videos, making of the video, interviews, phot shoots etc. the whole 9...you have to be able to mareted as a sex symbol...whenever i say this people mention all kinds of big rappers that got big...they didn't blow up in thre 2000s...they are rappers that blew up before the 2000s that stayed relevant...in other words...if biggie and shyne were both knocking at Puffy's door trying to drop albums today (and they were both new artists) then Puffy would release shyne's album and not biggie's.) if biggie was a new artist today, he would be perceived as unmarketable, anyone who thinks otherwise I would perceieve as somewhat naive.

Hitt doesn't have controversy, doesn't diss, doesn't come from a famous city, is not of a certain set, hasn't had a near death gunshot experience, etc. he says himself throughout his LP he stays low key...that's why he didn't drop. while he is a sick artist, his life isn't as sick of a piece of art as Games is.

Honestly, listen to 'LA,LA' from Hittman's album. Just listen to that one song and seriously assess his lyrical skill, delivery and flow and tell me you can't tell that he's been rapping since 85 and Game since 99. Game sounds dope on anybody killa from DC but you can tell it's taken all his effort up to that point to sound as good as he sounds at that point...he IS improving and he IS talented BUT Hittman is an old pro, has insane style (just not screaming in your face/no snoop or knoc smooth type voice=less marketable) and Game is a hungry young un. The fact that this was discussed to me, is further proof of the effect the MTV factor has on people's perception of art.

-T
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 11:18:02 AM by Tanjibility-The Dangerous Crew Movement »

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2007, 12:23:13 PM »
^^Nice post man...I don't really think Game's life was any more amazing than Hittman's though. Game loves talking himself up, and don't get me wrong, Hittman had major ego as well, but you don't hear him talking about he did/does this or he did/does that on every track like you do with Game...Game was marketed right, but he was just some regular black dude who didn't really even seem like much of a thug to begin with (going on dating shows, blond hair, piercings, etc). Hittman is just a realer dude, and realness simply doesn't appeal to our modern society...That's basically what it comes down to...PeACe

$Eg2$

« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2007, 12:34:33 PM »
Hitman LOL Who ???

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2007, 01:05:44 PM »
^^Nice post man...I don't really think Game's life was any more amazing than Hittman's though. Game loves talking himself up, and don't get me wrong, Hittman had major ego as well, but you don't hear him talking about he did/does this or he did/does that on every track like you do with Game...Game was marketed right, but he was just some regular black dude who didn't really even seem like much of a thug to begin with (going on dating shows, blond hair, piercings, etc). Hittman is just a realer dude, and realness simply doesn't appeal to our modern society...That's basically what it comes down to...PeACe

do you have hittmanic verses?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2007, 01:10:58 PM »

-T

Of course, I've heard all of Hittman's shit...Excellent MC.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2007, 01:19:43 PM »

-T

Seriously, he's one of the best rappers i've ever heard I would even say. His style is beyond compare to me. His flow is so original, he doesn't flow like anyone else and no one else can flow like him.

A rapper like 40 glocc or game can sound good over a beat (Westside story, Finer thangz)

but a rapper like Hittman or Busta Rhymes can own a beat and truly make it their song: (LA,LA, Break ya neck)

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2007, 01:33:21 PM »

-T

Seriously, he's one of the best rappers i've ever heard I would even say. His style is beyond compare to me. His flow is so original, he doesn't flow like anyone else and no one else can flow like him.

A rapper like 40 glocc or game can sound good over a beat (Westside story, Finer thangz)

but a rapper like Hittman or Busta Rhymes can own a beat and truly make it their song: (LA,LA, Break ya neck)

-T

I agree...Hittman is probably one of the most underrated rappers ever.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2007, 01:35:10 PM »

-T

-T

I agree...Hittman is probably one of the most underrated rappers ever.

already propped you to the hour limit, but agreed

-T

westcoastavengers.com

klubbstyle

« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2007, 11:20:54 PM »
Hittmaniac verses is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than gay games cd.

messi19

« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2007, 10:56:52 AM »
I dont really know who Hittman is so i cant speak on it.
Anybody up some of his dopest trax, id like to hear more
bout him..

PS. the thing bout Game having blonde hair n shit is fake, but if he was a thug or not i dont know. maybe, maybe not.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2007, 05:30:09 PM »
bout him..

PS. the thing bout Game having blonde hair n shit is fake, but if he was a thug or not i dont know. maybe, maybe not.

i recall seeing pics of game with the blond dennis rodman hair, but i suppose the pics could have been fake.

anyway messi, hittman is on like 9 tracks on the chronic 2001 man. he's on big ego's, some la niggaz, ackrite, let's get high, xxplosive, bang bang, and a few others.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tha Chemist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Regulator
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2007, 08:14:29 PM »
Hittman, without a doubt
WEST UP

messi19

« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2007, 04:17:56 AM »
bout him..

i recall seeing pics of game with the blond dennis rodman hair, but i suppose the pics could have been fake.

anyway messi, hittman is on like 9 tracks on the chronic 2001 man. he's on big ego's, some la niggaz, ackrite, let's get high, xxplosive, bang bang, and a few others.

-T

ooh aiight, props homie. Gon' check him out!

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2007, 07:16:14 AM »
Game is a juicy hamburger and Hitt is a shrimp cocktail.

:camp:

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2007, 02:15:41 AM »

westcoastavengers.com