Author Topic: Ras Kass: The King of the West?  (Read 708 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Ras Kass: The King of the West?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 03:21:10 PM »
if you´re gonna say that you´re the king you need the sales to prove it aswell coz bein the king is about a lot more then your skills on the mic. and Ras Kass needs to sell a couple of millions of albums before he should even mention in his own name in the whole king of the west arguement.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 04:43:14 PM »
if you´re gonna say that you´re the king you need the sales to prove it aswell coz bein the king is about a lot more then your skills on the mic. and Ras Kass needs to sell a couple of millions of albums before he should even mention in his own name in the whole king of the west arguement.

all through the interview all ras is saying is how he doesn't have the sales to make people (artists, critics like you) listen to or care about what he has to say. 

sales don't mean shit.  when puffy and mase were selling, when timbaland and magoo and missy were saying, when wack ass master pa was selling, were people running to coronate these guys queens?

no.

cats can sell, but if they ain't shit then what does it matter?

"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

ABN

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 05:16:45 PM »
^then your just the best MC but you can´t be no motherfucking king of if only 3000 people has heard of you.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 07:09:32 PM »
As much as I love Ras Kass's music, he can't have that crown unless he makes a huge splash. True, no one may have annointed Puffy or Ma$e as king of NY as a comparitive example, but Jay-Z was annointed King and he at least has some talent regardless of how you feel about him artistically.

Ras Kass would tear a new one into Snoop or Game but without that major impact, you can't call him king. Only hard core underground heads even know of him.

(Ice Cube is the real King of the west and has been since when Amerikkka's Most dropped).
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

WestCoasta

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2005, 07:13:26 PM »
Q: Ras is the King of the West?
A: No.

i mean, it's no diss or anything, obviously he's good, but c'mon now.... King of the West?  we already went through this bullshit with Game

westkoastanostra

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2005, 12:29:06 AM »
Rass Kass is good but i feel Yuk deserves the title of king of the west at the moment.. he's working real hard on a number of projects million dollar mixtape and album[both double disk], regime album, luniz album etc.. so surely to take the title "king of the west" you have to be working hard and no1 is workin harder then yuk in my opinion at the moment..

we still gotta wait and see if those albums are actually gonna drop anytime soon or if not never....

westkoastanostra

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2005, 12:29:55 AM »
ras kass aint no king of the west....supre lyricists from the west..but no fuckin king...

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »
Rass Kass is good but i feel Yuk deserves the title of king of the west at the moment.. he's working real hard on a number of projects million dollar mixtape and album[both double disk], regime album, luniz album etc.. so surely to take the title "king of the west" you have to be working hard and no1 is workin harder then yuk in my opinion at the moment..

we still gotta wait and see if those albums are actually gonna drop anytime soon or if not never....

they all will dropp, as far as i know million dollar mixtape should b droppin within next few weeks, then the album hittin shops around march, as for regimes and the luniz album probably lookin at may - july hopefully sooner  :)

Paul

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2005, 09:41:46 AM »
Whoever thinks Ras Kass has a chance (even a little one) of being the king of the west needs to get his/her hip hop pass revoked.

i cant believe peoples views on this forum ::)
funkyfreshintheflesh

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2005, 09:43:03 AM »
^Yeah I cant believe yours either.

Paul

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2005, 09:43:46 AM »
^Yeah I cant believe your views either.

like what?
funkyfreshintheflesh

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2005, 09:46:54 AM »
^Like thinking that Rassy has a chance of being the king of the west.lol ::)

Paul

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2005, 09:50:43 AM »
^Like thinking that Rassy has a chance of being the king of the west.lol ::)

i dont think he has a chance , he has no chance at all, i cant believe people think he does thats wot i was sayin ::)
funkyfreshintheflesh

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2005, 09:52:14 AM »
^lol my bad,I thought that other sentence was directed at me.

Paul

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2005, 09:55:28 AM »
^lol my bad,I thought that other sentence was directed at me.

aww rite , naw
funkyfreshintheflesh