Author Topic: eBay help please  (Read 114 times)

Bomb-Aź

eBay help please
« on: November 26, 2005, 07:20:45 PM »
ok...so far ive resisted the urge to buy stuff off ebay coz i was afraid of being cheated...but everyting is just so much cheaper that i have to give in

1. if there is any1 here who regularly buys from ebay can yall tell me how yall know if a seller/product is genuine
2. how do yall make payments
3. do yall have to pay uistom's duty (internation buyers)?

thx

peace

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: eBay help please
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 07:33:59 PM »
1. check the feedback
2. through credit card or paypal i believe
3. depends on the country i guess

K A I N

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 07:45:41 PM »

Bomb-Aź

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 10:04:28 PM »
^^ im looking to buy shoes..so i dont think thatll help

all the sellers seem to have over 99% positive feedback...does that mean its safe to buy from any of them??

peace

SCRIP1ONER

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 10:28:02 PM »
check how much feedback they have back if its over 10 with just about everyone of em bein positive feeback then i'd trust them

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 12:51:36 PM »
This is what i check...if its someone who has under 100 people that have left feedback and their score is less than 100% i dont buy from them...now i mean that doesnt mean they are bad....i have like a 98% and its only from like 30 people and its just because one motherfucker ripped me off and then left me negative feedback when i reported him to ebay  (but that almost never happens)

the easiest way to pay is paypal...the way i see it if a seller doesn't accept paypal they probably have no clue what they are doing.

and as far as customs go i haven't bought a lot of stuff from people in other countries but i dont think you have to pay anything

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 12:59:57 PM »
Yeah, you have to pay customs just like any package you receive from overseas, unless you're American.  I never pay customs... Canadians notoriously get killed on customs, though.

Check their feedback, and make sure it's for items similar to what you're buying.  If all their feedback is for little girls clothes or something, and they're selling all the newest, hottest shoes... they might have hijacked somebody's account, and are selling stuff they don't have.

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 11:46:29 PM »

Pretty much what everyone else has said, but another tip is to use the "watch this item" option. It tracks the item in "my ebay" plus sends you email reminders to let you know when the item is ending. This allows you to do a last minute bid to become the highest before anyone can out bid you again, but a lot of people use this so it has to be really last minute to be effective. With that said though, it's not always that hard because people, like myself, often forget to check the item again.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

Bomb-Aź

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 03:45:07 AM »
thanks and props to all of yall...ur suggestions really helped

peace