Poll

Lakers Fans,Do You Want to "WIN NOW" or Win in The Future

Win Now
4 (57.1%)
Win in The Future
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Lakers Fans,Do You Want to Win Now or Win in The Future  (Read 1024 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Lakers Fans,Do You Want to Win Now or Win in The Future
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2005, 05:46:31 PM »
If the Lakers somehow sign Spree and Kemp, there's no doubt in my mind that they will be contenders.

OK? What's your point...I still believe that those 2 players on the Lakers would make a huge difference. Kemp provides back-court toughness and Sprewell provides a consistant second scoring option...The 2 biggest Laker flaws.

If Odom step up his game, we don't really need Sprewell. If Brown keeps playing decent, we for sure don't need Kemp. The only player i wanted Lakers to sign was Watson, a defensive-minded PG. But Smush is playing like a beast right now, so i'm extremely happy with him. I say only trade for a superstar. There's no need to trade for mediocre players. I'd rather continue with this roster. If we can get KG then fuck it, i'm ok to trade everybody but Kobe. But fuck Kemp, Blount and those type of acquisitions.

As of now, it's looking like Sprewell and Kemp would really help.

Don't say it to me. You're the one defending Odom and Brown. ::)

I said as of now...

acbaylove

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2005, 06:06:34 PM »
If the Lakers somehow sign Spree and Kemp, there's no doubt in my mind that they will be contenders.

OK? What's your point...I still believe that those 2 players on the Lakers would make a huge difference. Kemp provides back-court toughness and Sprewell provides a consistant second scoring option...The 2 biggest Laker flaws.

If Odom step up his game, we don't really need Sprewell. If Brown keeps playing decent, we for sure don't need Kemp. The only player i wanted Lakers to sign was Watson, a defensive-minded PG. But Smush is playing like a beast right now, so i'm extremely happy with him. I say only trade for a superstar. There's no need to trade for mediocre players. I'd rather continue with this roster. If we can get KG then fuck it, i'm ok to trade everybody but Kobe. But fuck Kemp, Blount and those type of acquisitions.

I said as of now...

LOL.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2005, 06:28:03 PM »

I said as of now...

LOL.

And how is it funny?

acbaylove

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2005, 03:20:18 AM »
Let's move on.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2005, 07:17:35 AM »
http://www.startribune.com/stories/511/5744967.html

Nice people DO finish last. If Garnett was a fucking bastard like Alanzo Mourning, he'd get a championship. So he won't, cause he's too nice.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2005, 03:11:25 PM »
Get the fuck outta here thinkin your gona have Chris Bosh in your starting lineup......Hes already said hes staying in Toronto.  Bosh aint going nowhere, and the Raptors are gona give him a max contract after this season.  They are building a team around Bosh, did you pull this outta your ass or what?  Keep dreaming NIK

Lakers keen on Bosh
Dec. 7, 2005. 01:28 PM
JIM BYERS
SPORTS REPORTER

The Los Angeles Lakers may be casting an eye on the Toronto Raptors top star.

In a comment that will surely raise eyebrows in the Raptors' front office, Lakers' coach Phil Jackson today suggested Chris Bosh is a guy who would look good in Hollywood.

Speaking to reporters after the Lakers' shootaround to prepare for tonight's game against the Raptors at the Air Canada Centre, the veteran coach said his team hopes to create room under the salary cap "which will allow us to get into the free agent market soon and chase some talent again that would make this team really competitive."

8) 8) 8)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2005, 01:42:03 AM »
Get the fuck outta here thinkin your gona have Chris Bosh in your starting lineup......Hes already said hes staying in Toronto.  Bosh aint going nowhere, and the Raptors are gona give him a max contract after this season.  They are building a team around Bosh, did you pull this outta your ass or what?  Keep dreaming NIK

Lakers keen on Bosh
Dec. 7, 2005. 01:28 PM
JIM BYERS
SPORTS REPORTER

The Los Angeles Lakers may be casting an eye on the Toronto Raptors top star.

In a comment that will surely raise eyebrows in the Raptors' front office, Lakers' coach Phil Jackson today suggested Chris Bosh is a guy who would look good in Hollywood.

Speaking to reporters after the Lakers' shootaround to prepare for tonight's game against the Raptors at the Air Canada Centre, the veteran coach said his team hopes to create room under the salary cap "which will allow us to get into the free agent market soon and chase some talent again that would make this team really competitive."

8) 8) 8)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=251207028

Chris Bosh had 22 points and 10 rebounds for the Raptors, who fell to 3-17.

Bosh sounded more frustrated than he has all season.

"I don't know man. We talk about the same thing after every game all the time," Bosh said. "You guys see it, the fans see it and I see it."

Bosh says the problems are mental.

"It's the same old thing," Bosh said. "Once it starts getting old for us we'll start playing better. Once we get tired of the fans booing, once we get tired of being down by 20 at home, once we get we get tired of those things, that's when things will really kick in for us."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2005, 11:39:16 AM »
Jackson talks up Bosh
Says Raptor could be a fit for Lakers
Remarks likely not

tampering: NBA
Dec. 8, 2005. 05:22 AM
JIM BYERS
SPORTS REPORTER

As much as they want to win simply for pride, the Toronto Raptors know they need to win to convince star forward Chris Bosh to scribble his initials on a contract extension next summer. But it could become harder to do that if guys like Phil Jackson have their way.

Jackson, the veteran coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, told reporters yesterday that his team should have room to hire a couple of free agents next season. And when he was asked about who might be on his list, he mentioned the Raptors' rising star.

"Well ... the players that were franchise-changing players you know re-signed up or re-upped with their organizations. There are some that will be available in the year following that you obviously have to take a look at, and this kid here is one of them. Chris Bosh, obviously everybody's going to be interested in and we think he's become quite a talent."

It was almost certainly not a case of official NBA tampering, but Jackson's comments caused the Raptors' front office to snap to attention. This is a team that's selling hope and the last thing they need is someone planting the idea of a Bosh retreat in the minds of fans. They also don't want Bosh daydreaming about playing under Jackson in a place where endorsement money is as plentiful as sunshine and seductive Hollywood starlets.

One Raptors official called Jackson's comments "unbelievable."

"If someone asks our coach about a guy and he says, `He's a great player,' that's fine. But if he says, `He's a great player and he'd look great in a Toronto uniform,' that's tampering."

Jackson didn't say he wanted to lure Bosh to the purple and gold. But he did freely mention his name as someone his team — and others — might covet.

"I know the league takes this sort of thing very seriously," Raptors GM Rob Babcock said. "But I haven't seen the comment, so there's not much I can say."

An NBA official said the league's constitution says players or coaches or other officials "may not directly or indirectly entice or induce or persuade or attempt to entice, induce or persuade" a player under contract to join another team.

"I'm sure the lawyers will look at what he (Jackson) said, but it doesn't sound that bad," the NBA official said.

Bosh, before last night's game, downplayed Jackson's remark as "just one coach's assessment of the future."

"You always know there's other places to play. But if you're happy and content with where you're playing as of the moment, you don't have to worry about that."

My 2007 Laker line-up is looking more probable by the day... 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2005, 02:13:59 PM »
2007-2008 Lakers?

Starting line-up:
PG Smush Parker
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Lamar Odom
PF Chris Bosh
C Andrew Bynum

Second unit:
PG Sasha Vuvajic
SG Luke Walton
SF Devean George
PF Ronny Turiaf
C Kwame Brown

Third Unit:
PG Aaron Mckie
SG Von Wafer
SF Devin Green
PF Brian Cook
C Chris Mihm

That second unit looks like a playoff team and the third unit is better than the Atlanta Hawks...I don't wanna get into the starting lin-up...If the Lakers sign Bosh, there WILL be a new Laker dynasty... 8)