Author Topic: 50's Latest Movie Project/Soundtrack Is A Masterpiece!  (Read 592 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
50's Latest Movie Project/Soundtrack Is A Masterpiece!
« on: November 23, 2005, 03:04:52 PM »
Ya'll better recognize.  I wasn't even going to post about it but when I saw that nobody's talking about it I felt like I had to give 50 his due credit.  I'm an oldschool hip-hop head.  I'm really out the game almost completely these days.  But as an old fan I still keep my ears open to what's happening in the game.  So I had to see what's up about this new 50 Cent project.  I listened to the soundtrack and I was blown away.  When I saw that one of my favorite actors (Nigerian dude) from the HBO series Oz was co-starring in the movie, I decided to check it out and once more I was blown away.  Here's my review.

Sountrack:  50's last album "The Massacre" was garbage, we all know that, with all those R&B joints on there, it was complete garbage.  No doubt.  So I had little expectations for the soundtrack.  But this is the album of the year![/i]  As soon as I heard "What If" that was it, that was all I needed to hear.  I knew 50 had brought somethin special for this album.  The chorus is really poetic...

"I watch the sun rise up and come down
Thinkin what if...(what if)?

I watch the tide roll out and come in
Thinkin what if...(what if)?"

...it's so ill.  Then the very next track is totally crazy.  I never expected so much from Spider Loc (isn't he a Death Row reject?)  That dude comes hard, and he keeps it way real.  Spider Loc really helped bring the whole soundtrack to life.  50 was in top form on this album, I think 50 sounds even iller on this than he did on his first album.  All the beats are highly listenable, you could play just the instrumentals and be highly entertained.  "Window Shopper" is like a newer, fresher version of "Wanksta", and Dr. Dre left him a banger with "When It Rains It Pours" and 50's lyrics are raw and uncomprimising.  This album is a 10. 

The Movie:  50's performance is so raw.  You don't even feel like your watching the movie, you feel like your experiencing the movie first hand.  And he had alot of help from his co-stars.  The cat who played the unforgettable character Arabisee in the HBO prison drama Oz, had an equally impressive performance in the movie.  His character is so penetrating, the way his eyes look when he says something sick and demented, you can't learn those skills in acting school.  The movie actually reminded me a little of Oz.  The way the characters were so personal, and the violence was played out so perfectly within the storyline.  The whole look of the movie, when 50 goes to the beach and remembers his moms, shows the director really knew what he was doing on this one.  The climatic scene is when the director shows 50 being born and dyeing at the same time, that was movie magic, some of the audience was in tears. 

And best of all, this was a real hip-hop movie, the music was one of the biggest highlights of the film, the songs his character puts together in the movie, are the real songs 50 used for the soundtrack.  We watch his character develop into a great hip-hop artist, scenes from the studio, recording booth, and concert scenes.  This is up there with all those classic hip-hop movies from the early 90's era.  I ain't going to spoil the movie for people, I'll just leave it at that.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 03:11:16 PM by Allah's Slave: Abdul-Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

PLANT

Re: 50's Latest Movie Project/Soundtrack Is A Masterpiece!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 04:25:02 PM »
It's odd, but I kind of agree with you. 

Not the popular opinion tho :-\

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 04:30:11 PM »
charlene: what do you do
50: im a gangsta
charlene: ...no really what do you do
50: im a rapper
charlene: SERIOUSLY marques what do you do
50: im a gangsta rapper ahahaha

^oh yeah, masterpiece material   ::)

only good acting by 50 in that movie was at the end where majestic told him he fucked his mom then killed her. after terrance howard broke up the fight 50 had this look in his eye like he was REALLY about to kill somebody. other than that...he pretty much mumbled through the movie.

chicken little > get rich or die tryin  ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 05:23:02 PM by Baby G »
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 04:31:12 PM »
I haven't heard the soundtrack the the movie was a joke. Even 50s stupid fans thought so because it stands to lose money.

Out of curiosity Infinte, what are you comparing this movie against? Other hip hop films? Because next to something like Shawshank Redemption, Casablanca, Ben Hur, or Million Dollar Baby, this movie is like Shaq's album next to Me Against the World.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 04:59:48 PM »
I don't have any desire to see this movie, it looks like a carbon copy of 8 Mile which in itself was a rip-off of Purple Rain, which was also a terrible movie.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

J Bananas

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 05:04:09 PM »
a rip-off of Purple Rain, which was also a terrible movie.

:o I'm reaching for my baby powder so i can slap you

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 06:07:22 PM »
it's a aiight cd, u gotta listen to it twice to like it, ambition hustlers is my joints. I think it's far better than massacre, but grodt is a better album. I agree that spider loc is kinda tight, i might check for him if he ever release a cd. i didn't see the movie, but i'm not waiting for a oscar wining type of movie, more a gun clapping bitch slapping big money stacks type of shit, so to me it'll be good if there's a lot of action and good lookin bitches
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 06:11:18 PM by Drunk Driver Drivin »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 06:15:49 PM »

Lol. Great soundtrack, probably in my top 10 albums, but the movie is just plain bad.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 06:23:32 PM »

Lol. Great soundtrack, probably in my top 10 albums, but the movie is just plain bad.

I don't think any are really rip offs. 50s movie is more a rip off the generic action film. I don't think any of the movies are good, but if 8 Mile rips off Purple Rain then Purple Rain rips off Neil Diamond's the Jazz Singer, and you could probably find a ton more through history.

Just listened to the soundtrack. Just as shit as the movie. Album of the year my ass. It's got nothing The White Stripes' Get Behind Me Satan or Springsteen's Devils and Dust or Niel Young's Prarie Wind.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 06:50:42 PM »
It's odd, but I kind of agree with you. 

Not the popular opinion tho :-\

Atleast there's one person that agree's with me.  Props.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 06:52:38 PM »
charlene: what do you do
50: im a gangsta
charlene: ...no really what do you do
50: im a rapper
charlene: SERIOUSLY marques what do you do
50: im a gangsta rapper ahahaha

^oh yeah, masterpiece material   ::)

only good acting by 50 in that movie was at the end where majestic told him he fucked his mom then killed her. after terrance howard broke up the fight 50 had this look in his eye like he was REALLY about to kill somebody. other than that...he pretty much mumbled through the movie.

chicken little > get rich or die tryin  ;D

that was actually a funny line from the movie.  I laughed at that part.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 07:02:32 PM »
I haven't heard the soundtrack the the movie was a joke. Even 50s stupid fans thought so because it stands to lose money.

Out of curiosity Infinte, what are you comparing this movie against? Other hip hop films? Because next to something like Shawshank Redemption, Casablanca, Ben Hur, or Million Dollar Baby, this movie is like Shaq's album next to Me Against the World.

The music I love and I've always loved is hip-hop.  And one of my favorite show I've ever seen is HBO's prison series Oz.  So from my perspective this movie was a masterpiece.  But even if you want to speak in general terms, it's easily the best movie to come out this year, and maybe the best hip-hop movie.  Personally though, I'm nostalgic, and it was in my youth that I really immersed myself in hip-hop, the golden age in hip-hop for me was the mid-90's, so nothing could ever replace classics like Menace to Society, Juice, and Jason's Lyric. 

Ohh yeah, and 50's movie was better than Eminem's.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 07:04:54 PM »
I don't have any desire to see this movie, it looks like a carbon copy of 8 Mile which in itself was a rip-off of Purple Rain, which was also a terrible movie.

Your into the alternative thing, so really this may not be the movie for you.  But don't disrespect just because you think it's like 8 Mile, it's a very different movie from 8 Mile.  I really liked 8 Mile but I think this one is much better.

Bigg $amo

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 07:09:02 PM »
yeah the soundtrack is pretty dope. the only poor song is one of the two lloyd banks tracks.

...and "things change" is CRAZY!

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 07:09:14 PM »

wow...u took the words outta my mouth...but i i aint gonna front 2 sceens i thought were crazy sick
1) the killing of the cop
2) the killing of that guy who shit 50 (that dude snapped!!!)