Author Topic: My day just got sooooo much better  (Read 234 times)

Don Breezio

My day just got sooooo much better
« on: November 27, 2005, 07:58:31 PM »
i've been sooo bored all day...sitting around with a broken leg watching nothing on tv....then all the sudden i click the guide button to see whats on and i see mtv hard rock live...click info and who is it...my all time favorite band! Coheed & Cambria...so excited

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: My day just got sooooo much better
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 08:03:56 PM »
A guy I live with just saw them live a few weeks ago. I've never heard any of their music though.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 08:06:11 PM »
yeah i went to their concert about 2 months ago and it was the best concert i've ever been to...i've seen them live twice...but damn...that concert was amazing...and i've been to a ton of concerts

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 11:27:39 PM »
Coheed is alright, Their New Single Sucks.
My Future Wife:

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 12:52:02 AM »
I love their new single

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 02:37:21 AM »
The singer's voice is weird as hell.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 03:16:12 AM »
^^^ thats one of my favorite parts...the first time i heard coheed i thought the singer was a chick...when you start listening to them alot his voice stops sounding so weird and starts sounding awesome...if you listen to songs like Final Cut where he says "you're a filthy little whore, if i had my way i'd crush your face in the door"...his voice sounds so morbid.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 06:35:34 AM »
never heard of them.  can u suggest some songs?
NO MORE WAR

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 09:07:31 AM »

This album is a classic. I haven't really liked their stuff they did after that though.

Don Breezio

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 10:48:03 AM »
second stage turbine blade is a good album but its my least favorite...here's the songs i would recommend

In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth - this song is my favorite off their 2nd cd...its like 8 min long lol...its incredible and my favorite one they do live

Welcome Home - this song is awesome...the first single from the new cd...i would recommend downloading the music video for it just to see the guitar claudio is playing...its a double neck SG...its like a 30,000.00 guitar and its incredible...he has a few of them and he always uses them at shows.

Apollo 1: The Good Writer
A Favor House Atlantic
Blood Red Summer
Delerium Trigger
The Devil In Jersey City
Everything Evil
The Final Cut
Wake Up (really chilled out...my favorite from the new album)
The Willing Well II
The Willing Well III
The Light & The Glass
Faint Of Hearts

those are my favorites off the top of my head...but i can honestly say they don't have 1 song i dislike...i have never skipped a track from any of their 3 albums & 2 EP's....just download their albums...start with the 2nd one In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3, Then Check Second Stage Turbine Blade, Then Check Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV: Volume 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness.

All incredible albums. The new album (good apollo) is quickly becoming my favorite one though

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 11:37:49 AM »
ehh not my cup of tea, but i find it really cool that the dude plays a double neck guitar and its some queer little band, but to each his own....

Don Breezio

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 01:33:07 PM »
ehh not my cup of tea, but i find it really cool that the dude plays a double neck guitar and its some queer little band, but to each his own....

while i dont agree with the queer little band comment...the double neck sg was pretty damn sweet...he has an incredible collection of guitars...my favorite one he owns is the taylor T5...that thing is incredible