Author Topic: EU slams Israel for its policies in East Jerusalem  (Read 2377 times)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
EU slams Israel for its policies in East Jerusalem
« on: November 25, 2005, 02:42:37 AM »
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -  European Union diplomats have said Israel's policies in Arab East Jerusalem are hurting the prospects of a final agreement on the city with the Palestinians, U.S. and British newspapers said on Friday.

The New York Times said a report by EU diplomats in East Jerusalem and Ramallah to the 25-member group's foreign ministers recommended a more aggressive policy toward Israeli actions in East Jerusalem.

The report accused Israel of boosting illegal settlement in and around East Jerusalem and of using the route of its separation barrier "to seal off most of East Jerusalem, with its 230,000 Palestinian residents, from the     West Bank" and to create a "de facto annexation of Palestinian land," the paper said.

Israeli policies "are reducing the possibility of reaching a final-status agreement on Jerusalem that any Palestinian could accept," said the report, which the Times said it had obtained "from someone who wanted to publicize it."

Several British newspapers also carried the report.

"Israeli measures also risk radicalizing the hitherto relatively quiescent Palestinian population of East Jerusalem," the Times quoted the report as saying.

The authors of the report recommended that the EU ask Israel "to halt discriminatory treatment of Palestinians in East Jerusalem, especially concerning working permits, building permits, house demolitions, taxation and expenditure," it said.

Commenting on the report, an Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman said:

"We have accepted the principle that there has to be a viable and contiguous Palestinian state and nothing that we are doing excludes the possibility of reaching that outcome."
(Basically saying that it doesn't matter what they do to these people as long as they're working on a Palestinian state)

On the West Bank barrier, he said:

"The security fence (at least now we can cleary once again see why ItoDaGeezy is such a brainwashed tool) is a remarkably successful tool in preventing the penetration of suicide bombers into Israel."

The New York Times said EU foreign ministers meeting in Brussels on Monday decided not to publish the report and instead asked for a "detailed EU analysis on East Jerusalem to be adopted and made public" at their next meeting in mid-December.

Israel seized East Jerusalem, along with the rest of the West Bank and Gaza, in the 1967 Middle East War and claims the city as its "united and eternal capital." Palestinians want East Jerusalem as the capital of a future state of their own.

-----------

I guess the EU is now anti-Semitic.  ::)
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
Re: EU slams Israel for its policies in East Jerusalem
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 03:54:05 AM »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 05:48:25 AM »
niggaz be on some victim shit
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 05:50:15 AM »
ook so let me get this straight anti-semitic = criticising israels wrong doings? like they are above all laws and exempt from acting with morals

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 08:54:59 AM »
ook so let me get this straight anti-semitic = criticising israels wrong doings? like they are above all laws and exempt from acting with morals

Unequivocally-Yes, when there is complete disregard of the Palestinian Leadership's and Palestinian militant group's misconduct that, when viewed, explains the coercion in every ostensible Israeli misconduct.

And even more to the point:

Delegitimization and Antisemitism
 Is anti-Zionism different from antisemitism?

Israel, as a democracy, is receptive to fair and legitimate criticism. However, all too often Israel is singled out and held up to standards not applied to any other state. Although valid criticism of Israel has absolutely no connection to antisemitism, some of the unreasonable condemnation has its roots in antisemitic attitudes, often disguised as "anti-Zionism." Just as in the past Jews were the scapegoat for many problems, today there are attempts to turn Israel into an international pariah.

"Antisemitism" is the name given to the form of racism practiced against the Jewish people. Though the literal interpretation of antisemitism would appear to denote hostility to all Semitic peoples, this is a fallacy. The term was originally coined in Germany in 1879 to describe the European anti-Jewish campaigns of that era, and it soon came to define the persecution or discrimination against Jews throughout the ages.

Hatred of the Jewish people is an age-old phenomenon, traditionally associated with expressions of xenophobia and religious intolerance. Antisemitism has taken different forms and used various motifs throughout history. In modern times, it has been promoted by extreme nationalistic and even racist ideologies. Severe antisemitism exists in Arab countries today.

Egyptian version (1994) of "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion"

Egyptian version (2001) of antisemitic tract "The International Jew"

Antisemitism reached its peak in the Holocaust. Over 6 million Jews (one third of the world's Jewish population) were brutally and systematically murdered during World War II.

Modern antisemitism in Europe, after being repressed for decades, has erupted with renewed fury in recent years in a new form: "anti-Zionism," or hatred of the State of Israel.

Zionism is the national liberation movement of the Jewish people - an expression of their legitimate aspiration to self-determination and national independence. The Zionist movement was founded to provide an ancient people with a sovereign state of its own, in its ancestral homeland. Israel is the modern political embodiment of this age-old dream.

The goal of anti-Zionism is to undermine the legitimacy of Israel, thereby denying the Jewish people their place in the community of nations. Denigration of Zionism is therefore an attack on Israel's basic right to exist as a nation equal to all other nations, in violation of one of the fundamental principles of international law.

Just as antisemitism denies Jews their rights as individuals in society, anti-Zionism attacks the Jewish people as a nation, on the international level. Similar to the use of "the Jew" as a scapegoat for many a society's problems, Israel has been singled out for disproportionate and one-sided condemnation in the international arena.

Anti-Zionism is often manifested as attacks on Israel in the United Nations and other international forums. Over the years, many a meeting and event of the international community has been exploited as an opportunity to condemn Israel - no matter what the subject matter, no matter how tenuous the tie to the conflict in the Middle East.

Moreover, it is no coincidence that the recent censure of Israel in international forums and the media has been accompanied by a sharp increase in antisemitic incidents in many parts of the world.

As a nation dedicated to the principles of democracy, Israel believes that criticism, whether by other nations or our own people, is a powerful force for positive change. However, there is a clear distinction between legitimate calls for improvement and the attempt to delegitimize Israel by consistently singling it out and holding it up to standards not applied to other states. All this ignores the context in which Israel must strive to survive in the face of violent attacks against its citizens and, all too often, against its very existence.

but since you, as you say:

can't be arsed to read all that

I believe you will maintain the same brainwashed opinion untill it's no longer germane.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 10:18:22 AM »
lol that article posted above based on israeli propergander takes alot less time to read than the 11,124 word essay you posted up before!!! quite frankly i got better things to do with my time than read some zoinist propergander that will take an hour to read, but if you post stuff that won't take forever to read i'll happily take a look.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 02:23:37 PM »
You're a little bitch. That's all there pretty much is to it. For you to say that it's anti-Semitic to criticize Israel's actions, which are fucking disgusting, is like me saying:

If you criticize the Palestinian leadership you must be racist against Arabs.

Don't blindly support the terrorist state of Israel, and you won't feel like such a retard trying to defend actions that can't be defended, or making stupid comments like "He really must've thought that there were no people living in this land lol" Are you that fucking dumb or should I say brainwashed?
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 04:17:33 PM »

Well, they are the ones who killed 6 million Jews last century.

I think the reason Europe is so anti-Israel is because of the large Muslim population there. They don't want to enrage the Muslims and get a repeat  of Madrid, London, and Paris.

It is sad that the US is really Israel's only friend in the world. Unlike Europeans we in the US actually stand for something.....and we will stand up for the only peaceful and democratic nation in the Middle East.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 04:20:40 PM by Real American »

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 04:32:46 PM »

Well, they are the ones who killed 6 million Jews last century.

I think the reason Europe is so anti-Israel is because of the large Muslim population there. They don't want to enrage the Muslims and get a repeat  of Madrid, London, and Paris.

It is sad that the US is really Israel's only friend in the world.

They? The EU? What was the Muslim population of Europe in the 1930s? You've got to be fucking retarded to really think it has something to do with that. Do your research on Martin Luther and Hitler's adoption of his anti-Semitic ideals. Martin Luther wrote "The Jews and their Lies"... and Hitler considered him a great reformer in Mein Kampf. This shit goes way back... a good example is the Crusades... where Christians killed thousands of Jews and Muslims...

People are anti-Israel the same way they were anti-Iraq with Saddam... for doing fucked up shit.

The U.S. is Israel's friend... because they see Israel as a tool. Why did the U.S. turn away so many Jews during the Holocaust? Do you know about the historic anti-Semitism in the U.S.? What about the KKK?

LOL @ this fudgepacker

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 04:36:02 PM »

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005, 05:02:50 PM »

They? The EU? What was the Muslim population of Europe in the 1930s? You've got to be fucking retarded to really think it has something to do with that. Do your research on Martin Luther and Hitler's adoption of his anti-Semitic ideals. Martin Luther wrote "The Jews and their Lies"... and Hitler considered him a great reformer in Mein Kampf. This shit goes way back... a good example is the Crusades... where Christians killed thousands of Jews and Muslims...

People are anti-Israel the same way they were anti-Iraq with Saddam... for doing fucked up shit.

The U.S. is Israel's friend... because they see Israel as a tool. Why did the U.S. turn away so many Jews during the Holocaust? Do you know about the historic anti-Semitism in the U.S.? What about the KKK?

You just backed up what I said: Europeans are anti-Semetic. And the growing Muslim population is only making Europe even more anti-Semetic.

By the way, the US didn't turn away Jews during the Holocaust, we opened up our country to them. You need to educate yourself in regards to history, son.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005, 05:10:38 PM »
The Wagner-Rogers Bill was rejected by the U.S Congress in 1939 that would have admitted around 20,000 jewish refugee kids under the age of 14.  That same year the S.S. St. Louis was turned down by the Cuba and U.S, that had 907 regugees

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005, 05:16:05 PM »
I know you like to make generalizations because you're a bigot, but not all Europeans are anti-Semitic. Maybe your father and your Polish ancestors were, but not all Europeans are racists or bigots.

It's funny how you chose to ignore the other parts of the post.

You need to educate yourself, my little bitch.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 05:19:31 PM by JML - no vowels, disembowel your Colin Powell, throw in the towel »

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2005, 05:51:45 PM »
I know you like to make generalizations because you're a bigot, but not all Europeans are anti-Semitic. Maybe your father and your Polish ancestors were, but not all Europeans are racists or bigots.

It's funny how you chose to ignore the other parts of the post.

You need to educate yourself, my little bitch.

What did I ignore?

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2005, 05:53:42 PM »
You ignored the part about Martin Luther, but that's another point.... now you chose to ignore this:

By the way, the US didn't turn away Jews during the Holocaust, we opened up our country to them. You need to educate yourself in regards to history, son.

The Wagner-Rogers Bill was rejected by the U.S Congress in 1939 that would have admitted around 20,000 jewish refugee kids under the age of 14. That same year the S.S. St. Louis was turned down by the Cuba and U.S, that had 907 regugees

You're on a losing streak, Pollack.

LOL @ this fudgepacker