Author Topic: Franz Ferdinand  (Read 173 times)

Trauma-san

Franz Ferdinand
« on: November 25, 2005, 07:41:53 AM »
Who was it that was posting about Franz Ferdinand a while back?  I had heard their song "Take me out" a few times on the radio but couldn't ever figure out who the fuck they were.  Then, I saw them on the grammies or something last year, and they did an awesome performance but it was short.  Finally, I saw them on Austin City Limits last week, and everything they played was good.  So I downloaded both of their cd's, man, they are GOOD great band. 

Don Seer

Re: Franz Ferdinand
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 07:43:57 AM »
not sure.. maybe OiYou! ,, i keep seeing the F.F. advert on TV and thinkin about trying an album out..

and as a side note.. you should look into Babyshambles  ;)  .. who i've posted about before :)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 07:49:11 AM »
<< has met Alex Kapranos (the lead singer) several times, really nice guy

they are a band from Glasgow, Scotland in case you are wondering

here is their website

www.franzferdinand.co.uk
NO MORE WAR

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 07:49:44 AM »
Babyshambles?  O.K., I'll file that away in my head, and if I hear any bandwagon coming by with them on it, I'll hop aboard, lol. 

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 08:13:50 AM »
franz ferdinand are a good band, got both their albums
i saw babyshambles live, haven't listened to their album yet but the singles they've released are coolies

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 10:26:42 AM »
FF are fairly good. Not even heard this new album of theirs though.

Still haven't heard the Babyshambles album either Seer. Mate reckons it's this years best album. That's not saying loads like.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 06:16:40 AM »
i didnt hear ferdinands new album, but their old 1 is the ish, i love it,

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 06:49:55 AM »
FF are cool... plus they´re named after austrian archduke Franz Ferdinand....  :D

Take Me Out blew me away... I never heard of them and then saw the video for that song. great song with great video... then I went to a concert here and enjoyed it very much (altough they played only for about a hour, they didn´t have more material back then)... got their 2nd album and I think its really good.. they have a couple of slower songs on there and my favorite on, so far, is "Eleanor Put Your Boots Back On".... and "Do You Want To" also grew on me because I didn´t like that too much when I first heard it... needs to be played on a decent system not a crappy tv...

Throwback

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 07:07:27 AM »
yeah they're dope. been out for a while though here in europe.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 12:21:18 PM »
Went to see them last week at a local venue...they played a really good set. The best thing was that the concert hall only fits about 5,000 standing, and my mates and I got there pretty early so we were very near the front. Had an amazing view. Only downside was that I made the mistake of not drinking any water before I went in, and ended up getting squashed in between a large crowd of excessively sweaty people - all while dehydrating. Still, very impressed with them live.

Personally though, I'm not the biggest fan of theirs. I mean, I'm glad I went to see them and I really enjoyed most of their first album, but I wasn't really feeling their newer material. I'm more a fan of their upbeat work, and a lot of their current songs are relatively slow - their latest single is best described as a ballad. Having said that, the lead single from the new album, ''Do You Want To'', really grew on me. I love that song now.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 02:42:28 PM »
i love them personally, one of the best rock bands to drop an album in 05. "You Could Have It So Much Better" was great IMO

and the Babyshambles, I have to say honestly, is not bad at all. Doherty might be a crackhead, but he can still make music and the album reflects the circumstances he´s living under. Maybe not album of the year, but i liked it

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 11:49:26 PM »
Babyshambles?  O.K., I'll file that away in my head, and if I hear any bandwagon coming by with them on it, I'll hop aboard, lol. 

forget a bandwagon.. beat the curve.. anyways there is kinda one already.. since he was in the Libertines and his antics been all over the papers all year.. and the kate moss thing just came to a head too..

do it ;)

actually.. heres something for ya.. http://www.babyshambles.net/ theres a stack of free downloads.. its mostly acoustic proto's of songs etc..
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 11:54:36 PM by Overseer »

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 12:08:23 AM »

^^Yeah...they're (Babyshambles) probably the most talked about English bands over here at the moment, despite Bloc Party, Athlete and Futureheads all doing tours over these parts. They had a big following from The Libertines anyway but developed a wider fan base since Fuck Forever got massive air play on the alternative radio stations.

I heard Albion and personally didn't like it, haven't really bothered to check out the album yet. Their okay, but prefer some of the better English bands that are coming out at the moment, i.e. Oceansize. I heard their 2nd follow up album from this year (Everyone Into Position) and really enjoyed that.

As for Franz Ferdinand, yeah their okay i actually like their 2nd album over their debut strangely enough but i dunno..i'm not really a massive fan of Indie. I'll see them live this summer so i really need to judge that first
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)