Author Topic: What if kurupt was still kurupt of back in tha day  (Read 992 times)

HBKid_Jr

What if kurupt was still kurupt of back in tha day
« on: April 04, 2002, 05:29:34 PM »
I personally feel back in tha day,  Kurupt was a better rapper than snoop.  People were callin him tha west coast rakim,  an no1 was touchin his flow except snoop.  But over tha past year an half,  kurupt has fallen off harder than any rapper in tha game,  a lot worse than snoop did on da game.  If Kurupt still rapper like he did back in tha day where would u rate him on tha all-time list.  If he ripped it up like he used to,  i think we would be callin him one of tha top five emcees of all-time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Big BpG

Re: What if kurupt was still kurupt of back in tha
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2002, 06:03:31 PM »
seriously, i have never thought kurupt to be a good mc... the only verse that i feel of him is from doggy dogg world... thats it, otherwise, its all this "fuck a bitch" , "hittin switches, bouncing over ditches" nonsense... even back in the day, i wouldn't give him as much credit as some people do. my opinion.

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2002, 06:06:35 PM »
I personally feel back in tha day,  Kurupt was a better rapper than snoop.  People were callin him tha west coast rakim,  an no1 was touchin his flow except snoop.  But over tha past year an half,  kurupt has fallen off harder than any rapper in tha game,  a lot worse than snoop did on da game.  If Kurupt still rapper like he did back in tha day where would u rate him on tha all-time list.  If he ripped it up like he used to,  i think we would be callin him one of tha top five emcees of all-time.

I agree.  The old Kurupt used to rip shit.. Like on Smokin On Blunts And Drankin Tangueray (spelling?)

If you listen closely to the end of Kurupt's part, he's actually being "sssshhhhh'ed" (quited down..) by Dr. Dre, cuz he wouldn't shut up!  

I guess the problem was that it was the end of the song, so Dre had to cut him off.  hahaha.. that shows you right there, how hungry Kurupt was!!!!!!

Kurupt was so into that shit that Dre had to shut him up. hahaha.. Its crazy when you listen to it and then follow it up by listening to "Its Over"  hahaha.. woooo .... You can really notice a difference.  

It just kills me that he's kinda fallin off with his flow.. That's my only beef with the new Kurupt is that he doesnt put together as tight of a package as he used to.

But still he's tight.. Cant deny that and one would even argue that other skills have enhanced as a result.. who knows.  I like the old and the new style for different reasons.. I guess.

all I know is that, Kurupt was raw back in the day.  He was hungry.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

serv-on

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2002, 01:18:11 AM »
yeh he kinda fell off, and why the fuck did he take "it's over" as the first single from his last album, that song is str8 up WACK. Much better songs on there for a first single.

Hittman

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2002, 01:39:19 AM »
yeh he kinda fell off, and why the fuck did he take "it's over" as the first single from his last album, that song is str8 up WACK. Much better songs on there for a first single.

To Sell Records Obviously. Kurupt Was Tight, Straight Blazing Back In The Chronic/Doggystyle Days. I Agree No One Was Touching His Skills On The Mic. On "Space Boogie" He Only Fell Of On A Few Tracks, If He Had Left Out Some Of The Weaker Songs.....Like Its Over, Then Space Boogie Could Have Had A Lot Of Potential.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2002, 01:49:17 AM »
He's fallen off bigtime if you wanna compare him the back then.....he was a feirce MC back then. Back then he was in my top 5 westcoast MC's. I hope, if anything comes out of his move back to tha row, it inspires him to switch up his game & become hungry again.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2002, 02:54:21 AM »
i still think kurupt is off the hook but yes he's fell off.. his verse on nates "i got love remix" was horrible.. and alot of other new shit too... but i still got faith in kurupt! still one of my fav mcs!

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2002, 03:12:18 AM »

I'll bet with anyone in here that Kurupt never writes his rhymes down.....
I can almost guarantee that he freestyles every verse in the booth.
He reminds me of Redman and I hold them in the exact catagory.
He hasn't fallen off, We just expect to much of him....cause he's one of our diamonds in the rufff out here in the west.
I'll wait for his "New" shitt before I speak on him falling off.
Shitt, to  me falling off is not being in demand.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2002, 07:12:33 AM »
i fuckin luvved kurupt...i still fuckin do even though i realize what ur sayin about what he is now compared to what he used to be...but that's true for most artists these days and not just kurupt.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2002, 07:29:40 AM »
i fuckin luvved kurupt...i still fuckin do even though i realize what ur sayin about what he is now compared to what he used to be...but that's true for most artists these days and not just kurupt.

tru,  but what rapper has fallen off harder than he has,  tha only guy that come close is prodigy

DPGC2001

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2002, 10:24:52 AM »
Noreaga fell off worse than Kurupt...Listen to the first CNN album and listen to his new shit...I think Kurupt just tried to comercialize his music so he can sell more records but it didn't work...I don't know how much Space Boogie sold but I think Streetz iz a Mutha went gold...Kurupt should just stick to doing gangsta shit and stop trying to crossover because not everybody has that appeal...

Smooth

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2002, 10:36:19 AM »
Kurupt should just stick to doing gangsta shit and stop trying to crossover because not everybody has that appeal...

i agree... it seems as though Kurupt doesn't really have that mainstream appeal... he should stick to what he knows... and that's gangsta rap!

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2002, 10:37:02 AM »
Kurupt was one of my fav. rappers back in tha Dogg Pound days!! He could come wit tha laid back smooth flow or just rip it up!! He would bust it back then. Hes still one of my fav. rappers but nowdays he just sounds like he just throws words 2gether to make a verse. But now days that the way most rappers are, they are so hungry when they 1st drop that they just let it rip, then when they start to get that cash and bling they start to fall off. But I dont think we've heard tha last of Kurrupt!! But whateva the future brings fo him he will always be one of my fav. rappers cause of his Dogg Pound days!  

CantCme213

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2002, 10:56:22 AM »
Kurupt was and is one of my fav. mcs

But He fell off hard no dizzoubt.
But if kurupt would be still tight like back in
tha day, I think he would be the King next to rakim
even Jayz wouldnt fuck with him

Big_Loco_FME

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2002, 01:34:34 PM »
seriously, i have never thought kurupt to be a good mc

whoa lol.

Kurupt is dope, hes one of the best out there. hes been doing some sub-par shit recently, but Im sure he's still got it in him. I mean, he wasnt all that on Kuruption but then came out swinging on Streetz. When hes got that fire, cant nobody out there fuck with Kurupt IMO