Author Topic: What music do you listen besides hihop?  (Read 280 times)

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What music do you listen besides hihop?
« on: December 05, 2005, 12:43:10 AM »
For a while now i feel kinda bored with hiphop, and i aint really feeling the new players in the game. And i heard all the old albums to many times now. So im listening more now to other types of music. Like:

- Bubbling
- Reggae
- Dancehall
- Merengue
- Salsa
- Reggaeton

Don Breezio

Re: What music do you listen besides hihop?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 12:52:12 AM »
its all about rock...

punk - rise against, bad religion, green day, coheed & cambria, offspring, rancid, etc...

older rock - nirvana, aerosmith, metallica, alice in chains, etc...

emo - copeland, mae, dashboard confessional, etc...

alternative - papa roach, coldplay, damien rice, linkin park, nickelback, etc...

I am actually more of a rock listener than hip hop now...other than rock and hip hop its R&B and techno every now and then...i don't really like country at all...except johnny cash but to me his music isn't really the annoying crappy country we hear today

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 01:22:33 AM »
If im goin out on the piss 2 a club a like a bit ov Dance/Trance/Hardhouse...i know my dutch poeple gotta feel me on that i bought an Immense trance cd in Amsterdam!.....I recomend...

Paul Van Dyk
DJ Tiesto
Lisa Lashes
Ferry Corsten
Judge Jules
Any of the Bonkers DJ's (Hixxy,sharkey,scott brown etc)

The Maestro

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 03:11:37 AM »
classic rock - led zepplin, beatles, who, areosmith, pink floyd, and ect...

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 03:35:14 AM »
Anything that sounds good. From opera to country. Fuck limiting yourself to 1 or 2 genres.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 04:25:20 AM »
a lot

only techno stuff I can listen goes the Electronica direction, stuff like Squarepusher or Aphex Twin. That DJ Tiesto shit sucks ass. I love trip-hop though, I listen to some D´n´B, Electronic Dub, Jungle, Garage and Breakbeat stuff

I like some jazz

I like some reggae, but it´s nothing I can listen to for too long

I listen to some Funk, Soul & R´n´B stuff, I loves my Motown records, I love Parliament, Funkadelic etc.

Blues is cool, especially the Blues rock stuff artists like Clapton or Stevie Ray Vaughan do/did

I like ska, from the OG´s like the Skatalites to bands like The Specials to the 3rd wave cali stuff like (older) No Doubt or Mad Caddies

I listen to punk, Oi! and hardcore sometimes, also from The Sex Pistols to Lagwagon to fucking Behind Enemy Lines, whatever I´m feeling like

70% of my music consume falls under the category "rock" though...Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, RHCP, Bob Dylan (very folk-influenced rock of course), Sublime (rock-reggae-ska-punk), Franz Ferdinand, The Strokes, The Libertines, Babyshambles, Beatles, Stones, Elliott Smith, Paul Simon (& Garfunkel), Genesis, Guns N´ Roses, Mother & The Addicts, Arcade Fire, Decemberists, Coco Rosie, Bruce Springsteen, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgardxen, Temple of the Dog, Pink Floyd, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Sonic Youth, Tom Waits, Velvet Underground, Yo La Tengo, Lou Reed, John Cale, Oasis, Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, Alice in Chains, Bright Eyes, Muse, Slut, Pulp, Van Morrison, Nada Surf, Buzzcocks, Faith No More, Aerosmith, Blondie, Blur, Gomez, Cake, Magnetic Fields, Kean, Kyuss, Queens of the Stone Age, Queen, Jane´s Addiction, Modest Mouse, Hüsker Dü, Mad Sin, The Smiths, The Pixies, White Stripes, The Cure, Tim Buckley, Frank Zappa, The Verve, Jethro Tull, Fleetwood Mac, Xiu Xiu, Art Brut, David Bowie, Syd Barrett, Arab Strap, Weezer, Verve Pipe, Beach Boys, Jill Sobule, Dandy Warhols, Dire Straits, Talking Heads, Dishwalla,Uriah Heep, Joni Mitchell, John Frusciante, John Lennon, Metallica, New York Dolls, Television, Procol Harum, The Doors, King Crimson, Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson starship, Grateful Dead, American Music Club, Friends of Dean Martinez, Stars, Mark Eitzel, Calexico..................etc

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 06:44:45 AM »
I listen to alot of old punk rock like The Ramones, Sex Pistols, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys etc.

i play alot of classics when im depressed or angry like Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Sly & The Family Stone etc.

and in the rock category from the 90's till now i listen to 311, Sublime, Rage Against The Machine, KoRn, A.F.I., Anti Flag, Metallica,

i don't like alot of new rock at all like that My Chemical Romance shit theres only a handful newer bands i like

Skindred, and Avenged Sevenfold are my favorite newer bands right now

other than what i listed above its all hip hop & r&b

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 08:46:54 AM »
Everything. I took a break from Hip-hop a while back and haven't looked back since. I'm glad I don't limit myself like I once did.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Paul

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 08:49:49 AM »
funk, rnb, soul, motown
funkyfreshintheflesh

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 10:35:35 AM »
Anything that sounds good. From opera to country. Fuck limiting yourself to 1 or 2 genres.
you took the words out of my mouth lol

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 10:47:10 AM »
I listen to some Funk, Soul & R´n´B stuff, I loves my Motown records, I love Parliament, Funkadelic etc.

That about sums me up, but I'm open to pretty much anything.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 10:52:14 AM »
The only artist i listen to that aint Hip Hop is Michael Jackson.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Paul

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 02:40:23 PM »
outside of hip hop my faviourite artists are def michael jackson and parliment(my dad always loved them)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 02:58:02 PM »
i like and listen to so much stuff that has varied over the years but i really can't be arsed listing a lot

i listen to singers like ...  james blunt, daniel rice, john legend (also, usher's 8701 is an awesome album especially "u got it bad")

personally i don't listen to a lot of bands anymore but i used to love  linking park, staind, papa roach, stereophonics, oasis, etc

now i don't listen to bands too often but some songs i love from recently (meaning 0-3 years old) are tunes like...

the coral - dreaming of you, the killers - all these things i've done, the killers - mr. brightside,

not forgetting elvis and to a lesser extent the beatles.  i love listening to elvis' hits and some of the beatles stuff too - like 8 days a week

although to be honest if you pushed me - i could make a double cd of rock tunes to last me the rest of my life

no way i could do it for hip-hop  :nawty:

« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 03:06:05 PM by Mac 10 »
NO MORE WAR

Throwback

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2005, 03:16:58 PM »
rock, jazz, soul, electro, lots of electro. tiga (L)