Author Topic: 25 Years since John Lennon passed on  (Read 503 times)

Trauma-san

Re: 25 Years since John Lennon passed on
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2005, 09:42:59 PM »
Paul loves John and says so everytime he gets a chance.

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2005, 09:57:03 PM »
I've got a question for you Trauma. How is that Lennon Anthology box set? Is it worth spending all that money on?

I'm asking you because you know everything in the universe.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Trauma-san

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2005, 04:30:57 AM »
Not quite everything.  I messed up a relationship once.  So I don't know that.

It's good.  I bought it when it came out, but it was like 70 bucks or something crazy.  I really like it, there's 4 discs broken down into time periods... there's this song called "Long Lost John" that's really cool that I sing to myself all the time.  It's got versions of "Sweet bird of paradox" and things like that on it.  If you're a John Lennon fan you'll of course love it... he had tons of unreleased material. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2005, 12:22:12 PM »
A little "Best of" the Beatles I put together:

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KIITGXUC94OZ2W7IS161GLM46

wow, i mean, i love Most of the songs you got on there, but my Best of beatles, would look COMPLETELY different

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2005, 12:23:21 PM »
A little "Best of" the Beatles I put together:

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KIITGXUC94OZ2W7IS161GLM46

wow, i mean, i love Most of the songs you got on there, but my Best of beatles, would look COMPLETELY different

I find that those were just a few songs I was liking at the time. I mean, next week I could pick 30 different songs.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2005, 12:28:32 PM »
i know what u mean, but theres my concrete favorites like

A day in the life, My guitar gently weeps, In my life, Here there and Everywhere, Yesterday, All you need is love, Help! , Penny Lane, strawberry fields forever, And i love her,.....

Which i feel are just like, the best of the best,
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 12:42:29 PM by white Boy likes the 60s »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2005, 12:35:11 PM »
i know what u mean, but theres my concrete favorites like

A day in the life, My guitar gently weeps,In my life, yesterday, Here there and Everywhere, Yesterday, All you need is love, Help! , Penny Lane, strawberry fields forever, And i love her,.....

Which i feel are just like, the best of the best,

Those are definetly are great songs, they're all regular rotations with me.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2005, 06:30:49 AM »
^^ yeah, itīs some tight tracks you put together, but Iīll have to go with white boy as for my personal favs being pretty different. There were a few among these ("I am the Walrus", "For No One"), but most that I would put on such a compilation you didnīt have:

- A Day in the Life (maybe their best track ever)
- Come Together
- While my Guitar Gently Weeps
- Strawberry Fields Forever (the chord progression is sick as hell)
- Eleanor Rigby
- Help!
- Yesterday
- Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
- Norwegian Wood

...but i can see how itīs terribly difficult to make a Beatles best-of. So props anyways

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2005, 06:59:13 AM »
Whats the name of that Beatles song that starts off

'There are places I Remember' ?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2005, 07:26:25 AM »

In My Life.

Paris

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2005, 07:47:53 AM »

In My Life.

Nice 1 fella

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2005, 04:44:53 PM »
^^ yeah, itīs some tight tracks you put together, but Iīll have to go with white boy as for my personal favs being pretty different. There were a few among these ("I am the Walrus", "For No One"), but most that I would put on such a compilation you didnīt have:

- A Day in the Life (maybe their best track ever)
- Come Together
- While my Guitar Gently Weeps
- Strawberry Fields Forever (the chord progression is sick as hell)
- Eleanor Rigby
- Help!
- Yesterday
- Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
- Norwegian Wood

...but i can see how itīs terribly difficult to make a Beatles best-of. So props anyways
damn i cant believe i forgot lucy and elenor, sick tracks, and norwegian wood is amazing also,

Trauma-san

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2005, 06:27:42 AM »
"Here There & Everywhere" i'm convinced is basically Paul's tribute to the Beach Boys.  Actually, I think Paul tributed the Beach Boys twice. 

First, "Here There & Everywhere" is almost identically from a compositional standpoint to the Beach Boys "You Still Believe In Me".  I never noticed it until someone mentioned it... but if you check the recordings, "Pet Sounds" came out, Paul said in an interview that the first time he heard "Pet Sounds" and "You Still Believe in Me", he cried! He thought it was the most beautiful song ever.  Shortly after, he went in the studio and recorded "here, There, and Everywhere".  The little walk down is the same in the songs, and the way they're both written with a really loose feel of verse/chorus is very similar. 

Second, he outright tributed the Beach Boys in "Back in the U.S.S.R." complete with "WHOOO, OOO OOOO OOOH'S" in the background during the second verse and everything. 

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2005, 06:40:17 AM »
"Here There & Everywhere" i'm convinced is basically Paul's tribute to the Beach Boys.  Actually, I think Paul tributed the Beach Boys twice. 

First, "Here There & Everywhere" is almost identically from a compositional standpoint to the Beach Boys "You Still Believe In Me".  I never noticed it until someone mentioned it... but if you check the recordings, "Pet Sounds" came out, Paul said in an interview that the first time he heard "Pet Sounds" and "You Still Believe in Me", he cried! He thought it was the most beautiful song ever.  Shortly after, he went in the studio and recorded "here, There, and Everywhere".  The little walk down is the same in the songs, and the way they're both written with a really loose feel of verse/chorus is very similar. 

Second, he outright tributed the Beach Boys in "Back in the U.S.S.R." complete with "WHOOO, OOO OOOO OOOH'S" in the background during the second verse and everything. 

Isn't a big part of the tribute for Back In The USSR also because the Beach Boys used the music to Chuck Berry's song Back In The USA? Great music, great music.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2005, 06:52:58 AM »
^yup!