Author Topic: 25 Years since John Lennon passed on  (Read 512 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
25 Years since John Lennon passed on
« on: December 08, 2005, 06:40:08 AM »
 :'(

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Throwback

Re: 25 Years since John Lennon passed on
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 07:13:49 AM »
:(

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 09:46:33 AM »

R.I.P. to a great song writer

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 10:03:11 AM »
Nowt to cry about lads. He was an amazing artists but a prick of the highest order. Couldn't give two shits if he died then or was a stupid old acid head still knocking about today.

Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 10:27:17 AM »
since i went to my aunts funeral today i hate to hear bout dead people its saddenin

but John Lennon woz a prick lazy good for nutin i wish i could jus stay in bed! how is that fightin a cause thats bein fuckin lazy!
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 11:46:35 AM »
Fuck are u people talking about
The guy was legend

And some knob head took his life away for no reason.
People still cant touch his music today

R.I.P John Lennon

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 11:49:40 AM »
Can someone hook up "Imagine"  :'(

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 12:05:17 PM »

i wish i didnt have so much school work, id go up to new york, and check out the scene, but yea, great man, no need for me to tell you guys how great i think he really is, and how much i love his music, ill try too hook up imagine, amazing album...

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 04:58:35 PM »
R.I.P. John

And to the morons i nthe thread, wtf are you talking about? Why was he a prick? And obviously you don't understand the concept of the bed-ins if you think the point was to just be lazy.

If you think all of this about John Lennon, I can only imagine how horrible you see your favorite rappers.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 06:04:20 PM »
Great artist. RIP.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 06:48:19 PM »
R.I.P. John

And to the morons i nthe thread, wtf are you talking about? Why was he a prick? And obviously you don't understand the concept of the bed-ins if you think the point was to just be lazy.

If you think all of this about John Lennon, I can only imagine how horrible you see your favorite rappers.

I love John's music but he was an asshole. He abandoned his first born son and abused his first wife. He apparently beat his second wife on several occasions as well and was kicked out of their house at one point.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 07:01:55 PM »
John was the one that was kicked out lol. He lived in LA during his "lost weekend". Toward the end of his life he was a changed man, according to every account i've ever read. He had started to become more of a role in Julians life, maybe it was too late, but he did what he could to change. Early in his life was he an asshole? Yeah, probably. But later on he changed. You should judge someone based upon how they were more recently than they were earlier on in their lives.

John stood for many great things and impacted the world (for the better) more than any of us could ever hope to. For that I think he should be respected and looked upon in a positive light.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 07:12:48 PM »
im bumpin imagine as i type this

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 07:24:06 PM »

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 01:09:38 AM »
i've never heard any of his music OR any beetles music except for maybe 1 or 2 songs but i do have a feeling that i'm missing out on something great. i wanted to know if any of you guys could hook up some albums, articles, interviews, books, etc. about him/the beetles...i would really appreciate it.

Rest In Peace.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8