Author Topic: Stanley "Tookie" Williams needs to be executed  (Read 909 times)

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
Re: Stanley "Tookie" Williams needs to be executed
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2005, 11:30:28 PM »
how the fuck can you say hes responsable for all gang violence... i mean .. i guess i want him dead too. but hes definitely not responsable for all gang violence, its not like hes the creator of gangs there were other gangs before... there as been other after ... he killed 4 ppl yes but even tho he started a gang or not that doesnt change anything, every gang member is as much involved as him. stop sayin hes responsible for everything.

He created the Crips which resulted in the Bloods and now its all over the country with hunderds of different sets and lil kids thinking they cool reping them and real muthaphuckas killin people....Thousands of people have died over gang relatated shit made by him....The only good think he has done is influence Gangsta Rap but then that resulted in people thinking there gangstas and shitty rappers...

He meant that it's not on Tookie, he made the gang yes, but the people who are in them and killing is their choice...it's not his fault they are doing stupid shit

Eihtball

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2005, 07:19:42 AM »
Afraid of what? The fucking guy is on death row. It's not like he'll be let out if he rats and have to fend for himself on the streets. Plus there's always witness protection, Sammy the Bull Gravano ratted on John fucking Gotti and he went with out being killed.

As I've said before, people have tried to kill him even on death row, so yes, he will have to fend for himself (not on the streets, but certainly in the showers or whatnot).  Has he been offered protection, anyway?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2005, 07:26:54 AM »
Afraid of what? The fucking guy is on death row. It's not like he'll be let out if he rats and have to fend for himself on the streets. Plus there's always witness protection, Sammy the Bull Gravano ratted on John fucking Gotti and he went with out being killed.

As I've said before, people have tried to kill him even on death row, so yes, he will have to fend for himself (not on the streets, but certainly in the showers or whatnot).  Has he been offered protection, anyway?

My point is that he's dead anyway. And if he has valid info then the'd get protection.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2005, 02:00:04 PM »
who are we as humans to decide if this man should die or not???  but then again he did murder 4 people so it's hard to say and be placed into the shoes of the victims' families
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2005, 02:21:16 PM »

you know he ain't gonna snitch.

My point is that he's dead anyway. And if he has valid info then the'd get protection.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Eihtball

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2005, 03:03:49 PM »

What kind of protection can they offer him in San Quentin, anyway?  Witness protection doesn't work that way.

And yeah, you're right he's dead anyway, but perhaps he'd prefer to exhaust his other options first (i.e. see if he can get clemency) before resorting to snitching.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2005, 03:58:39 PM »

What kind of protection can they offer him in San Quentin, anyway?  Witness protection doesn't work that way.

And yeah, you're right he's dead anyway, but perhaps he'd prefer to exhaust his other options first (i.e. see if he can get clemency) before resorting to snitching.

It's not "resorting" it's doing what he can to clean up the streets. He's claimed many times that he is not afraid to die. If I were on death row and had info that could make a huge impact on cleaning the streets (if he has that info) then I would "snitch" in a heart beat. And they have special cells and could even relocate him. You know how many guys would like to get their hands on someone like Charles Manson? He's been protected.

Crown

• 'G'
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2005, 02:59:42 AM »

It's not "resorting" it's doing what he can to clean up the streets. He's claimed many times that he is not afraid to die. If I were on death row and had info that could make a huge impact on cleaning the streets (if he has that info) then I would "snitch" in a heart beat. And they have special cells and could even relocate him. You know how many guys would like to get their hands on someone like Charles Manson? He's been protected.

The reason Tookie won't snitch is because he would lose his credibillity with the youth and wouldnt be able to broker peace treatys with the gangs.
WE DON'T TALK TO POLICE!

Crown

• 'G'
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2005, 03:17:26 AM »
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/executions.php

Check out the discrepancy between the number of black people being executed for commiting a crime against a white person(s) and vice versa.

Fuck the death penalty!   >:(

White people rarely kill black people.

If America was all Black and you were on trial with a Black Judge, a Black jury, because the black prosucutor got all white people kicked off of the jury panel, and the prosucutor was using racially charged language in your trial, and he promoted the fact that you are a part of some nazi hate group in the trial (just an example), and the person whos fingerprints are on the weapon used was lying and said you did it to save his own ass, but you are innocent. I think you would be a little more critical of the Justice system.

If they are punishing Tookie for starting the Crips, then they need to come right out and try and charge him for that and CUT THE BULLSHIT
WE DON'T TALK TO POLICE!

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2005, 04:26:44 AM »
i don't believe he should be put to death, it's obvious, from what i've seen at least, that he's been rehabilitated. Putting him to death would do nothing but fuck up the justice system, it'd be sending the wrong message. however i'm NOT saying that we should not have a death penalty, i think the death penalty should be reserved for those crazy dude who commit numerous murders and are PROUD of it, i've heard stories from death row about dudes who sit there and say shit "i'm proud i killed a mother and her child, and if i'm ever released or escaped i'd kill YOUR wife and kids" those guys should be "put to sleep". but i don't think Tookie is in that extreme of a circumstance, grant him clemecy and let him do more possitive things behind the bars that he earned to be behind.

How is he rehabilitated when he wont even accept admit that he was the killer and express remorse? How is he rehabilitated when he won't act as an informant and work with police to take down other gang members?

Don't fall for the act, man.

"wont accept admit that he was the killer"

Rehabilitate Bush.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2005, 07:45:08 AM »

The reason Tookie won't snitch is because he would lose his credibillity with the youth and wouldnt be able to broker peace treatys with the gangs.

Is that what he does? If so I guess it depends on what would help the streets more, putting most of the big gang members in jail or keep peace between some of them (if he has the info).

mauzip

« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2005, 09:34:35 AM »
California justices reject Williams' appeal
Governor to decide on clemency request

SACRAMENTO, California (CNN) -- California's Supreme Court late Sunday rejected an emergency request to stay the execution of convicted killer Stanley Tookie Williams, who is scheduled to be put to death early Tuesday.

Jonathan Harris, an attorney for Williams, confirmed the court's decision.

Williams' team of attorneys had asked the state Supreme Court for a stay to allow for new arguments to be presented.

Earlier Sunday, attorney Verna Wefald said the legal team was asking for a stay on the basis that Williams should have been allowed to argue that someone else killed one of the four people he was convicted of slaying.

Williams also is awaiting California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's decision on clemency, which would commute his death sentence to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Schwarzenegger's office said the decision would not come before Monday.

On Friday, the governor described his looming decision as "a very heavy responsibility."

Williams -- who would turn 52 on December 29 -- is to die by lethal injection.

He co-founded the Crips street gang in Los Angeles and was convicted of killing four people in 1979, but has become an anti-gang crusader while on death row.

He has denounced gang violence and written children's books with an anti-gang message, donating the proceeds to anti-gang community groups. He said he was trying to prevent young people from making the choices he did, which led to a life of crime and a sentence at San Quentin State Prison.

Celebrities, teachers and anti-death-penalty advocates have spoken on his behalf.

Prosecutors maintain Williams should die for what lead prosecutor John Monaghan called "extremely brutal crimes." Monaghan noted that despite his anti-gang activism, Williams has consistently refused to take part in a debriefing with authorities to provide them potentially valuable information about the Crips gangs.

Williams was convicted of killing a 26-year-old Los Angeles convenience store clerk in February 1979, shooting him twice in the back with a 12-gauge shotgun while the victim was face down on the floor.

Less than two weeks later, jurors concluded, he shot and killed an immigrant Chinese couple and their 41-year-old daughter while stealing less than $100 cash from their motel.

Both cases were handled in a single trial, and Williams was sentenced to death in 1981.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2005, 09:55:22 AM »
Am I the only who doesn't get the concept how writing children's books should give you strong benefits law-wise?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2005, 11:17:28 AM »
Am I the only who doesn't get the concept how writing children's books should give you strong benefits law-wise?

At least if the Governor awards Williams of clemency it will be for a somewhat just reason.  Unlike how President's are able to pardon criminals that dont even come close to deserving it. 

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2005, 12:16:48 PM »
i believe the decision has been made//..at least with 9th circuit court.
it's most likely arnold will go with the court.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 12:22:31 PM by pc8381 »
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]