Author Topic: Just Saw Narnia  (Read 166 times)

Big BpG

Just Saw Narnia
« on: December 10, 2005, 01:56:10 PM »
was a good movie I thought. I loved the fantasy and had no problem watching this faith based movie. I've read most of the books in school and we discussed the faith in the literature so I was expecting it to be in the movie. In no way do I think you have to be christian to see this movie. I'm athiest and did enjoy it a lot. You'll definetly see the references in the movie... from aslan and the stone table... christmas and so forth... but it's quite forward when the proffessor says

"your sisters sees a magical world in the wardrobe and you don't believe her!? Why don't you believe?! The only way to believe her is to see it yourself"

the special effects were great, the animals were done fantastically. The fight scene had some great action packed moments. I did really enjoy this movie. Good movie for anyone. Go out and see it.

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Sikotic™

Re: Just Saw Narnia
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 02:24:11 PM »
Its no more faith based then The Matrix IMO
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 07:34:08 AM »
i'm planning on re-reading the books before watching the movie.
i believe i was disappointed with the allegory to christianity, the parallels between aslan and christ.  also i can't remember if i was rooting for or against the white witch, so i need to reread the series.  i distinctly remember really liking the white witch and the deplorable word especially.  i suspect that i was rooting for the white witch; as i remember "the last battle" being my least favorite book of the series. i just need to reread it and see.

how close is the movie to the book?  did they "disney-ify" it?  are they planning to release all seven books as movies?  that will end up being hundreds of billions of dollars in profits...
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 02:59:33 AM »
I can`t wait to see it! It looks awesome

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 10:58:12 AM »
i saw it..it was good
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

K A I N

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 11:17:43 AM »
I downloaded it...super wack  :P

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 02:24:03 PM »
i'm planning on re-reading the books before watching the movie.
i believe i was disappointed with the allegory to christianity, the parallels between aslan and christ.  also i can't remember if i was rooting for or against the white witch, so i need to reread the series.  i distinctly remember really liking the white witch and the deplorable word especially.  i suspect that i was rooting for the white witch; as i remember "the last battle" being my least favorite book of the series. i just need to reread it and see.

how close is the movie to the book?  did they "disney-ify" it?  are they planning to release all seven books as movies?  that will end up being hundreds of billions of dollars in profits...

It is almost exactly like the book.  Other than small details here and there, it doesn't miss.  It is disney-fied as in their is no blood during the battle at the end.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

ecrazy

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 11:16:24 PM »
I liked it, i cant believe i knew so much about it too, dang...i thought i forgot everything about the story, but yeah, it was an ok movie, 8/10

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 03:15:23 AM »
This movie has peices of the old cartoon(THE WITCH;THE LION;ANDTHEWARDROB).something like that.......................the same as the lords of the rings. was taking from an old cartoon with the same characters,but under adifferent name.yet a good movie.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.