Author Topic: Goldie Loc and Tray Dee arnt shit without Snoop, has Goldie retired?  (Read 868 times)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Goldie Loc and Tray Dee arnt shit without Snoop, has Goldie retired?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2005, 11:03:41 AM »
wtf

Goldie Loc is alright but Tray Deee is a top 10 west coast lyricist. He's up there with Kam, Crooked I, Sly Boogy, Ras Kass and other top west coast emcees. I don't think I've ever heard a wack Tray Deee verse. He's the reason I bought both of the Eastsidaz albums.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

westkoastanostra

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2005, 12:59:46 PM »
goldie loc amnd tray dee are both dope...but tray dee is the better lyricist....lmao2 the fool saying tray dee is 49...dude is barely 39 lol....tray dee aint right under crooked i lol he's a dope lyricist but not one of the best...

Paul

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2005, 01:14:49 PM »
goldie loc amnd tray dee are both dope...but tray dee is the better lyricist....lmao2 the fool saying tray dee is 49...dude is barely 39 lol....tray dee aint right under crooked i lol he's a dope lyricist but not one of the best...

yeah thats true i actually think he is 38

but i disagree, tray deee imo is 1 of the best lyrisist along with xzibit, kurupt and crooked i
funkyfreshintheflesh

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2005, 01:21:16 PM »
do none of yous read anything or know anything ::)
ras kass has way more topics, more styles, more flows than tray deee.  tray deee isn't fucking with ras kass.  i wish tray deee had kicked a verse on kick roccs so everyone could see ras outshing him.

You seriously think ras kass' flow can fuck with tray deee's  ? ras kass has a weak flow pretty often, he's off beat without being on point as others with a real off beat flow are.

Paul

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2005, 01:26:13 PM »
do none of yous read anything or know anything ::)
ras kass has way more topics, more styles, more flows than tray deee.  tray deee isn't fucking with ras kass.  i wish tray deee had kicked a verse on kick roccs so everyone could see ras outshing him.

You seriously think ras kass' flow can fuck with tray deee's  ? ras kass has a weak flow pretty often, he's off beat without being on point as others with a real off beat flow are.

thats 1 of the things that made me notice tray deee, apart from his voice, was his flow, perfect to the beat
funkyfreshintheflesh

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2005, 01:28:45 PM »

on rasassination and van gogh, hell yeah.  tray deee's flow is always the same.  almost formulaic.  ras switches it up more, he does more.  i haven't listened to institutionalized closely (i felt the beats were kinda wack and stopped listening) but yes.  lyrically ras says more, in terms of flow ras does more.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Paul

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2005, 01:35:42 PM »

on rasassination and van gogh, hell yeah.  tray deee's flow is always the same.  almost formulaic.  ras switches it up more, he does more.  i haven't listened to institutionalized closely (i felt the beats were kinda wack and stopped listening) but yes.  lyrically ras says more, in terms of flow ras does more.

yeah rass switches his subjects more, but relating to songs they rap in tray deee always in gangsta songs hes more lyrical with that subject
funkyfreshintheflesh

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2005, 06:34:45 PM »

I disagree. I'm a big Ras Kass fan but as far as flow is concerned, Tray Deee has him beat. What's the name of the track with Twista on Rassassination? Ras was struggling to keep up with the beat. Ras Kass is a better lyricist than Tray Deee but when it comes to strictly flow, Tray has him beat. Tray rides a beat flawlessly IMO. If you listen to his rhyme schemes, he started using the multis before it became trendy and he never fell off topic, which is one of the things about the multi style which I don't like generally.

When it comes to switching speeds, I think Crooked is one of the best at that, or for someone outside the west, Big Boi.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

bizzle

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • b-i-z-z-l-e
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2005, 08:10:36 PM »
the generals list is Dope 8)
- Fine.mp3      Finer Thangzzz  8) jus 40 glocc though AM sure ???

Yabba dabba doo i got da munchies for you

Meech Wells  Producer
 Chris Bellman  Mastering
 Tony Touch  Producer
 Fred Wreck  Producer, Engineer, Mixing
 The 4th Dimension  Producer
 K. Coleman  Producer
 Battlecat  Producer
 Dexter Browne  Photography
 Devastating  Producer, Engineer, Mixing
 Sonic  Producer
 DJ Silk  Producer, Mixing, Engineer
 Manny  Producer, Production Supervisor, Engineer, Mixing
 Ruffino  Executive Producer
 Boretta  Producer
 Big Tray Deee  Main Performer
 Dr. Dre  Producer
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 08:28:08 PM by bizzle »

mfresh2005

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2005, 09:10:04 PM »
Tray Dee's flow on "Hard Times On Planet Earth" is fucking tight... IMO Tray Dee is one of the best lyricist in the game. His wording and grammar seperates him from many rappers in the game today. I dont think Snoops flow compares to Tray Dee's. Goldie Loc is great too. Him and Tray Dee are the greatest DUO next to Kurupt N Daz. FREE TRAY DEE!!

Black Uhuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Rasta Still De bout
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2005, 03:48:57 AM »
OG Tray Dee is Definately one of the the best from the west, never liked Goldie though that nigga cuss more than Kurupt

wcsoldier

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2005, 04:34:38 AM »
Lol at some of these posters

Kurupt, Crook and Ras Kass in their prime >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tray Dee

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2005, 05:01:30 AM »
Tray Deee has got some good verses, but The General's List might have done better with a different album cover:

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2005, 05:14:45 AM »
Tray Dee is coo but nothin like Ras, Sly, or Crooked. His flow is solid, but he does have the EXACT same flow on every single track, and all his hooks sound nearly identical. He doesn't talk about much outside of gangbangin and thug shit in general.

Goldie Locc is dope when he is...his flow and delivery were always better than Tray Dee's in my opinion...he got a lot more energy and his voice stands out more. Lyrically he was never as good as Tray, but overall Tray wasn't light years ahead of Goldie like people tend to say. Goldie delivers shit to where it hits you, regardless of what he is talkin about.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2005, 06:41:10 AM »
Tray Deee has got some good verses, but The General's List might have done better with a different album cover:

lol!

he took it from that general patton movie:

"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam