4 (18.2%)
Miami Heat
0 (0%)
Sacramento Kings
5 (22.7%)
Other
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: What team will Ron Artest be traded to?  (Read 3052 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

What team will Ron Artest be traded to?
« on: December 12, 2005, 04:33:27 PM »
With Ron Artest requesting a trade and claiming he does not enjoy playing for Rick Carlisle and more recently Indian Pacer CEO Donnie Walsh saying he will seek a trade for Artest, it is more than obvious that it is not long before Artest is sporting the jersey of another team...I honestly wouldn't like Artest on the Lakers, especially since he is capable of doing shit like this and because he said if he was traded to a west coast team he would sign a long-term deal with the Knicks once his contract was finished...Rumors have included Peja Stojakavic for Artest, Quentin Richardson for Artest, Lamar Odom for Artest, and more...Artest claims he wouldn't mind coming off the bench behind LeBron James or for the Miami Heat, but wants to play for a team where he will have the oppurtunity to score more...I think he's completely unstable and I wouldn't want to trade for him if I was a team...With that being said, I believe we will see him traded to the Knicks...As crazy as he is, I believe this will help the Knicks and will get them in the mind-state that they are ready to compete...A straight up Richardson for Artest trade would leave the Knicks looking like this:

Stephon Marbury...Nate Robinson
Jamal Crawford...Penny Hardaway/Qyntel Woods
Ron Artest...Trevor Ariza/Malik Rose
Channing Frye...Antonio Davis/Maurice Taylor/David Lee
Eddy Curry...Jerome James/Jackie Butler

Coach: Larry Brown

And this is how the Pacers would look:

Jamaal Tinsley...Anthony Johnson/Eddie Gill
Stephen Jackson...Sarunas Jasikevicius/Fred Jones
Quentin Richardson...Danny Granger/Jonathan Bender
Austin Croshere...Jeff Foster/Samaki Walker
Jermain O'Neal...Scott Pollard/David Harrison

Coach: Rick Carlisle

Looks like the Pacers would still have a nice team after the trade and the Knicks would be a lock for the playoffs...So where do you think we'll see Artest playing?

$do11a biLL$

Re: What team will Ron Artest be traded to?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 04:44:32 PM »
most likely out of the list he will end up with the knicks

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 04:54:33 PM »
artest is better than richardson so itll be a bad trade for the pacers.

WestCoasta

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 05:57:30 PM »
don't bring him here, we don't want that pea brain

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 07:03:12 PM »
Sacramento

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 07:09:11 PM »
Toronto

trade him for Jalen Rose  ;D

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 07:24:37 PM »
Wont be a trade Q for Artest I can tell you right now. With Bender retiring and coming off the books end of the season, the Pacers will likely want cap relief. Therefore they will include Austin Crochere in any deal.

What is most likely imo is a deal that looks like this

Antonio Davis + Spurs 1st Round pick owed to NY + possibly David Lee or Trevor Ariza (I pray neither need to be used)

for

Ron Artest + Austin Crochere

then Indiana will have Artest, Crochere and Benders contracts all off the books season end, as Davis expires in line of Artest and Austin, and then they will be major players in the off season to continue building around JO.

Pacers wanna get value for value, but they wont. Best they will get is 75cents to the dollar, Peja isnt the answer for Indy, so I dont think they will go after him. Not to mention he is a FA end of this season. Artest brings EXACTLY what the Knicks lack. A vocal on/off court voice/leader. A developed 3 man that can guard all the star swingmen in the league. Perimeter defence, we cant play D out there, every team hits about 10 threes against us.

Only concern is he doesnt like playing in a system in Indy, yet thats what LB's trying to implement here in NY, plus he wants to be the offensive star, which could lead him on crazy shooting frenzies...

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 07:33:14 PM »
Fuck Ron Artest. What a fucking moron. No chance he goes to NY. Larry Brown is the epitome of a team ball coach. Worse than Carlisle. I honestly think that Ron Artest is mentally retarded. We'll send him to the west.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 07:53:23 PM »
But as NIK pointed out, he has probably scared a lot of teams off by clearly naming the team he WOULD like to play for (NY, Cleverland to be specific).

Also, he is a bit nutty, so not many guys will risk going after him, Cuban and Isiah Thomas/Dolan on the other hand, have the cash to play around with...

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 08:13:19 PM »
Toronto

trade him for Jalen Rose  ;D

LMAO my friend said the exact same thing yesterday lol

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 08:45:17 PM »
It's not about talent, you guys, it's about salary...Artest has a very low salary for his level of skill...Q for Artest would benefit both teams. I don't think Indiana will get much for Artest because of his reputation and the comments he made...If the Lakers traded Odom for Artest, I'd be pissed...The Lakers have something going, I would rather sign Spree than trade for Artest...PeACe

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 08:58:47 PM »
don't bring him here, we don't want that pea brain

Word, I don't want him anywhere near the Lakers.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 10:10:09 PM »
I'd love to see Hughes leaving for Artest and some crap player to make the salary suiting, then have Lebron moved to the SG spot. That team would be fire.

Damon Jones
LeBron James
Ron Artest
Drew Gooden
Z

Quentin for Artest would be really fucking garbage for the Pacers, Q sucks at the moment, won't ever make an All-Star team.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 11:15:13 AM »
If Artest gets traded to Cleveland, Ilgauskas is gunna be included in the deal...I dunno if they'd do a straight up Z for Artest deal, but that's been speculated...That would move Jermain O'Neal to PF which could be great for Indiana...This is how Indiana would look:

Jamaal Tinsley...Anthony Johnson/Eddie Gill
Sarunas Jasikevicius...Fred Jones
Stephen Jackson...Danny Granger/Jonathan Bender
Jermain O'Neal...Austin Croshere/Samaki Walker
Zydrunas Ilgauskas...Scott Pollard/Jeff Foster/David Harrison

That would be a contending line-up, I believe...The bench just doesn't look too great in the back-court.

and Cleveland:

Eric Snow...Damon Jones/Mike Wilks
Larry Hughes...Luke Jackson/Ira Newble
LeBron James...Ron Artest/Aleksandar Pavlovic
Drew Gooden...Donyell Marshall/Anderson Varejao
Zendon Hamilton...Alan Henderson/Martynas Andriuskevicius

That would leave the second unit looking like a starting line-up for Cleveland...I dunno, a Cleveland-Indiana trade would be interesting.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 03:13:07 PM »
There wont be a straight up deal... Austin Crochere and his shitty contract will be FORCED into any deal...

SAS was on his radio show saying Ron wants Knicks, his agent wants Knicks, Isiah wants him, its all up to Donnie Walsh... but lol at them wanting Channing Frye included in a deal  :D