Author Topic: December 12th Raw is War...  (Read 777 times)

Sikotic™

Re: December 12th Raw is War...
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2005, 01:12:35 AM »
The fact of the matter is it's all speculation.

But I agree about Joey Style. His announcing makes me say "J.R. who?". JR was great during his time though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2005, 07:25:25 AM »

But I agree about Joey Style. His announcing makes me say "J.R. who?". JR was great during his time though.

Yup, and I agree with your other post a couple up. 

Personally, I like Maria, Christy, and didn't care for Jackie, and don't care for Candice.

My whole point to this guy is that it's speculation.  He talks like it's fact when if he knew the people who write this shit, it's most obviously NOT fact. 

I first learned about this when I worked for a limo company and we were backstage at a couple events.  The next day, you'd read on the net what happened backstage, and it was entirely fucked up.  WAYYYY off base. 

So my point is when you hear rumours about what happened blah blah blah, people shouldn't just blindly believe them.  My other point is that Vince McMahon has proven that he knows what the fuck he's doing time and time again, and ultimately it's his company, he can do whatever he wants.  For a child to say he knows better than Vince McMahon how to run a wrestling organization is a joke. 

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2005, 01:12:11 PM »

Yup, and I agree with your other post a couple up. 

Personally, I like Maria, Christy, and didn't care for Jackie, and don't care for Candice.

My whole point to this guy is that it's speculation.  He talks like it's fact when if he knew the people who write this shit, it's most obviously NOT fact. 

I first learned about this when I worked for a limo company and we were backstage at a couple events.  The next day, you'd read on the net what happened backstage, and it was entirely fucked up.  WAYYYY off base. 

So my point is when you hear rumours about what happened blah blah blah, people shouldn't just blindly believe them.  My other point is that Vince McMahon has proven that he knows what the fuck he's doing time and time again, and ultimately it's his company, he can do whatever he wants.  For a child to say he knows better than Vince McMahon how to run a wrestling organization is a joke. 

I guess it's just luck then that guys like Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer get most of what they report correct. In fact, if you look at the reports made by most of the credible sources out there, they tend to end up being true.

The point on Vince is that he doesn't seem to know what's good for the company all the time. The way he handled the J.R. situation turned on him & that's way they gave Joey Styles a chance to call Raw was because Joey would get less backlash from the fans if he replaced J.R. The skit that Vince did about J.R.'s surgury showed that Vince didn't know what he was doing there. The fans were even chanting boring towards Vince. Putting more of a foucs on the Entertainment part of the WWE instead of the wrestling part of the WWE shows that Vince doesn't entirely know what he is doing right now. Not resigning Paul Heyman or getting rid of Bischoff permantly would show that Vince has lost a step because you can't risk having 2 great wrestling minds being used to their full potential on TNA.

So Vince in the past has shown that he does know what he is doing but if you take a look in recent months you can see where he's starting not too know exactly what's right for the company.

Sikotic™

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2005, 01:34:04 PM »
That JR surgery bit was so awful I couldn't believe nobody objected to it. Vince has had hits & misses, and that was definitely a miss. Gobbledegooker & Mordecai are just a few off the top of my head that I remember as misses. As long as you have more hits than misses is what's important, and I think lately McMahon has had a good track record.

I can't really comment on the whole GM situation until I see who the new guy is. If they pick Dusty Rhodes I'm gonna laugh, but I can't seriously see Vince ripping off TNA.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2005, 02:16:52 PM »
Vince McMahon isn't perfect and he does stupid shit all the time.  He always has.  It's in his personality.  He's no different now than he was then.  In the long run, though, he's the greatest wrestling promoter that's ever lived. 

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2005, 07:01:14 PM »
I've been watching for over 15 years now, and one thing I can say is that WWE will always have that core of wrestling fans that will stick with them through the best & worst times. The thing is, they need to rebuild that fanbase that jumped on the bangwagon in 98-99, when wrestling hit that boom period. I agree with what Sik said, Vince is either hit or miss at times. Nowadays, some of the material is just a little too tasteless. The way they handled J.R.'s dismissal was ridiculous and the lowrider blowup angle from the Smackdown special was just fucked up. I don't care if individuals, including Chavo himself said it was alright, Eddie Guerrero passed away a little over a month ago, and they're on TV crashing and exploding his trademark lolo. Sometimes, it just hits really low levels.

Trauma-san

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2005, 08:49:16 PM »
^ No worse than the shit they pulled back in the day, though.  Remember them having Hawk stumble around like a drunk and they acted like he fell off the titon tron one day?  Or them making fun of Jake the Snake's alcoholism.  The Montreal Screw Job, etc.  Vince has always been a prick. 

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »
^^Right but if I remember correctly both Hawk & Jake Roberts agreed to go along with those storylines themselves. The lowrider incident was just tasteless, imo. It's obvious that they're desperate for ratings.

Sikotic™

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2005, 05:38:57 PM »
Was the lowrider really that tasteless? It was a car not Eddie Gurrero himself.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2005, 01:55:32 PM »
Yeah, I didn't see a problem with it.  Of course I'm not an opressed minority so what the fuck would I know, right?

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2005, 02:37:23 PM »

True, but still...shock value when done right can prove to be successful, but lately it seems that they're trying a little too hard. I wonder what they've got planned for the PPV tonight.

Sikotic™

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2005, 03:41:11 PM »
More cornball Undertaker shit. They made his gimmick so corny lately. It was tight in the late 90's with his Ministry Of Darkness.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2005, 06:37:49 PM »

True, but still...shock value when done right can prove to be successful, but lately it seems that they're trying a little too hard. I wonder what they've got planned for the PPV tonight.

That Time White spot on at Armageddon, most people agreed ruined what was turning into a pretty good PPV. Sometimes you got to wonder why Vince thinks some of these vingeetes are good ideas.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2005, 12:45:16 AM »
More cornball Undertaker shit. They made his gimmick so corny lately. It was tight in the late 90's with his Ministry Of Darkness.

yea their trying to make him more and more scary but it just doesn't work no more...they shoulda kept the redneck motorcyclin taker instead...

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2005, 10:35:25 PM »

yea their trying to make him more and more scary but it just doesn't work no more...they shoulda kept the redneck motorcyclin taker instead...

See Mark Calloway wanted to stay as the American Badass, but it was the fans who wanted to see him back as the Dead Man. So that's why he went back to being the Dead Man was because the fans wanted to be that character