Author Topic: Anyone Following DC Comic's Infinite Crisis????  (Read 90 times)

Kal EL

Anyone Following DC Comic's Infinite Crisis????
« on: December 14, 2005, 03:19:35 PM »
How about it, is anyone out there reading Infinite Crisis? What do you think is gonna happen One Year Later?

« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 08:14:05 AM by Lazarus The NEW Creation »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Anyone Following DC Comic's Infinite Crisis????
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 09:35:56 AM »
Why doesn't DC restart all the titles? They rework the characters and origins every 20 to 25 years, but they keep the issue count like it means anthing. Read Action Comics from 1 to 800 and it'll make no sense what so ever. Superman 1 to 600 same thing. Marvel has he same problem too, but even more so in some cases because they don't even imply it has been redone with new origins. Superman was found on the Kent farm originally in 1915 or what have you, then it was 1940 something, then 1960, and then some time in the 70s as it look like it'll be now. Peter Parker was bit by that spider in 1962, and he should be nearing 60 right now, rather than in his 30s. Marvel made the Ultimate line to give an alternative buthte core books are still out of wack. The industry is really in the pits now too and as much as people want to blame it on internet and video games the blame has to go into inaccessibility and pricing first and foremost. 1) New readers can't just jump in with out knowing the hundreds od issues of back story and then when they realize how it doesn't follow logical time they get turned off by that as they do by pages and pages of reading they need to do to catch up. 2) Kids don't staye away from comics because the internet. Kids love super heros, always will. They stay away because if you wan to follow a universe you need to shell out 50 to 100 a month just to get the main books. Drop the prices, increase the number of readers and then up the ad revenue. The industry is so stuckin the mentality that they have lost any new fans before they can get them and they should just focus on the old fans since they aren't going anywhere, even though they are. In '91 the number 1 selling book was X men with an average of a million copies an issue sold. In 2001 it was still X men but with an average of 100,000 copies an issue sold. They have lost 90% of their readers.

Make new heroes, restart old heroes, drop prices, keep a reasonable timeline, and keep all the old books on the sude for the old fans but put your focus on new readers and new stories. To attract some new fans to old stories, release encyclopedia style trades for all the major and important minor characters, that come with CDs or DVDs containing all the major storylines on the discs.

To answer your question; I have not read much DC or any books in years. I read 100 Bullets, anything by Straczinksy, and the odd mini series here and there. But if they did what I explained above I would easily get back into it.

Kal EL

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 10:00:33 AM »
actually the creators of 100 bullets wrote a Batman Arc that was pretty cool. can't recall the name right now.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 01:06:22 PM »
actually the creators of 100 bullets wrote a Batman Arc that was pretty cool. can't recall the name right now.

Yeah I have that. I think it was caled Broken City. Great little story with a neat twist at the end. I get the odd arc here and there, like Hush, or whenever certain writers or artists are on board.

Kal EL

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 01:31:16 PM »
i find that i am that way mostly in that i keep tabs  on comics but i will only buy what jumps out at me. 1 and 2nd Superman/Batman arcs, Hush, Broken City, War Games etc..

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 02:57:34 PM »
i find that i am that way mostly in that i keep tabs  on comics but i will only buy what jumps out at me. 1 and 2nd Superman/Batman arcs, Hush, Broken City, War Games etc..

Did you get Rising Stars?

Kal EL

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 03:22:53 PM »
no is it good? whose comic is it(superhero)?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 06:25:12 PM »
no is it good? whose comic is it(superhero)?

It was a Top Cow maxi series by J Michael Stracynski a few years back. It actually started in '99 or 2000 but due to issues between JMS and Top Cow it didn't finish until this past summer. 24 issues. It starts off amazing, beign touted as our generations Watchmen. By the time it all plays out it's not quite Watchmen but it may be the best read of the new millenium. Definately one of.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 02:12:19 PM »
best read of the new millenium, Promethea. Hands down, it's the shit.
but i'll check for Rising Stars Top Cow.

It better be good now,
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 06:41:24 PM »
best read of the new millenium, Promethea. Hands down, it's the shit.
but i'll check for Rising Stars Top Cow.

It better be good now,

Well if you read it with hte words best read of the 2000s in your head then you may hate it.

Haven't read Promethea. I had been disappointed with a lot of current Moore stuff. I'll check it out.