Poll

Is T.I. overrated? Tell me what you all think.

Yes, "The King Of The South" thing is just a gimmick
8 (34.8%)
No, he really is "The King Of The South"
6 (26.1%)
Don't know yet.. lets give him more time
9 (39.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: I don't know if this has been discussed before but is T.I. overrated?  (Read 1209 times)

$do11a biLL$

See, like 3 years ago when that "24's" song came out i bought the cd it was on just because i thought that song was fire and it turned out all the other songs on the cd were nothing like it. I just thought it was a weak album altogether.
Then I didn't think any different of him when Ludacris ripped him on that "Stomp" track. And when "Bring Em Out" was first on the radio i thought he stepped his game up a lil bit to maybe average level but i didn't bother taking a listen to Urban Legend because i didn't want to be as dissapointed as when i heard the "Trap Muzik" albumbut unfortunately i ran into listening that track with Lil Kim on it which was garbage in my opinion. But then "You Don't Know Me" and "ASAP" were playing on tv and radio alot and i thought both were good tracks. Then "Im A King" came out which was fire so it might just be taking a long time for me to get into his stuff just like it did for me to get into Dipset but now i think theyre the best clique in the game today so one day i just might think T.I. is really one of the best out. I just don't get how he or other people claim him to be "The King Of The South". I don't know if its just a gimmick or if he really thinks hes the best rapper in the south when obviously he isn't. All i know is Ludacris, Scarface, and Lil Wayne come correct alot more than he does.

Thats just my opinion on him. Im not really trying to disrespect him either, i just want to know what everyone else thinks of him.

WestCoasta

Re: I don't know if this has been discussed before but is T.I. overrated?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 04:18:31 PM »
for being quite commercial and all, I think he's alright, I really didn't mind his last album

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 04:36:35 PM »
i think T.I. is dope, i liked all 3 of his albums.  i was never really feelin the south when they started to climb, but i was def always feelin T.I.P.  hes got a nasty flow/accent/rhymes, and doesnt lay down corny lyrics too often.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 06:33:56 PM »
i wont call him king of the south but he's tight,Scarface is the real king of the south 

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 06:45:19 PM »
He's Dope, I Don't Think He's Overrated. A Little Cocky, Though.
My Future Wife:

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 06:56:48 PM »
i think T.I. is dope, i liked all 3 of his albums.  i was never really feelin the south when they started to climb, but i was def always feelin T.I.P.  hes got a nasty flow/accent/rhymes, and doesnt lay down corny lyrics too often.

he ahd 3? oh well hes not my personal favorite but i think hes overrated but hes still good
mostly cause hes the one calling himself king not anyone else

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 07:23:47 PM »
Voted: Don't know yet.. lets give him more time

I don't think I've ever even heard him rap yet but I can't see how he could be the "king of the south".

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 07:27:15 PM »
I don't knw about "king" yet, but he's got skills. Personally, I think he is one of the best in the south right now.

Way2Fonky

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 07:44:53 PM »
i wont call him king of the south but he's tight,Scarface is the real king of the south 

^^Scarface is the truth.  T.I. does his thing, but I do think he's a little overated.  Though Indiscretions in the back of a limo was hot.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 07:58:11 PM »
Hes dope but overated...I would take Scarface, Outkast, or Lil Wayne any dad of the week

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 08:11:17 PM »
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 08:46:37 PM »
id take these mcs over ti

luda
wayne(this cat really proved me wrong)
lord infamous
scarface
bun b
young buck
chamillonaire
playa fly
big boi

i actually prefer flip to ti, but im not saying hes better.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

ThA KiD

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 09:03:03 PM »
he might be able to pull of prince of the south for rappers that came up in the last 5 years

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 09:08:45 PM »
when he first started the whole "king of the south" thing, i thought he was too cocky. but if you compare him to most rappers from the south...he is the king
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 10:41:45 PM »
He's tight. Overrated, probably, but name a rapper to come out in the last 7 or 8 years who isnt overrated.