Author Topic: wats with all the remakes  (Read 264 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
wats with all the remakes
« on: December 15, 2005, 02:29:47 PM »
 ??? wtf? this shit is killin me, im sure the producers will be cool, but i dont see the point of it, people need to see the original movies, ugh, ....  and superman??? etc... niggas need some creativity.

Kal EL

Re: wats with all the remakes
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 03:23:31 PM »
lack of creativity in a word.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 03:52:34 PM »
Not all remakes are bad.  If anybody should be touching a classic it should be down by a great filmmaker. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 04:15:21 PM »
i think they should remake bad movies instead...

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 04:17:58 PM »
U wanna know wuts up with all the remakes, here it is: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The Watcher

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 04:57:09 PM »
my wife saw the stage show of the producers while i was at a computer security conf in sydney in october and said it was dope, didnt know it existed as a movie though
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

rik

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 05:22:02 PM »
I was wondering about this too. The last few years they been doin nothing but remakes. Some are alright but i don't think they should be fukin with them. Muthafukas ran out of ideas.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 05:33:43 PM »
Because niggaz be unoriginal.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 05:36:50 PM »
lol at the timeline of the Producers

Mel Brooks writes/directs the film in the late 60s- cool film by the way
Mel Brooks decides to turn it into a musical
Now the new movie is based on the musical

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 01:10:27 AM »
I was wondering about this too. The last few years they been doin nothing but remakes. Some are alright but i don't think they should be fukin with them. Muthafukas ran out of ideas.

trying to regain the new generation with the old generation.. + way back then, producers had original ideas and money was never really the main issue... now they try and recreate the success but usually fail.. because spend too much on special fx and tend to lose the plot of the original all together

Throwback

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 03:24:28 AM »
do you see the cycle? first the trend was to make "history-based swordfighting" movies. Troy, Kingdom of Heaven, LotR etc. and now they remake old superheromovies.. i bet the Illuminati is behind this.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2005, 03:31:08 AM »
the reason we got all these remakes is because ppl are more afraid to take risks these days same reason why they do so many sequals, what they should do is spend less on A-list actors and produce origional movies rather than the same regurgitated bullshit

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 05:09:07 AM »
do you see the cycle? first the trend was to make "history-based swordfighting" movies. Troy, Kingdom of Heaven, LotR etc. and now they remake old superheromovies.. i bet the Illuminati is behind this.

one concept sells, others copy the concept.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2005, 06:24:08 AM »
??? wtf? this shit is killin me, im sure the producers will be cool, but i dont see the point of it, people need to see the original movies, ugh, ....  and superman??? etc... niggas need some creativity.

Superman has be redone and changed so many times since he was created. And this movie isn't a remake even, it's a new Superman story. It's about Superman returning to Earth after seeing Krypton. Batman Begins was a retelling of Batman but it was needed since Burton did such a great job of going over the top and making Batman look like a goof in his 2 movies. He took the Batman that had finally gotten serious after 50 years and turned it into a circus. Then in part 2 he turned it in Beetlejuice.

Besides, making new movies with comic book characters is fine. It's when you remake real movies that it becomes stupid. Like if someone tried to remake Forrest Gump.

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2005, 07:29:36 AM »
i think they should remake bad movies instead...

Haha, that's actually an excellent idea.  I never thought about that.  Think about it.

They remake good movies that already made their money, all it does it shit on the original, they should be remaking movies that were horribly done the first time and didn't make any money.  At least if the movie has *ANY merit, that is... dont' remake "Attack of the Killer Tomatos".  Well, actually even that could work.

I heard the new King Kong = Shit. 

I'm getting sick of it too.  It's like this.  3 years ago, I would see every movie that came out.  I used to post on here about them... I'd even go see the chick flicks, the animated movies, I saw literally EVERYTHING that came out.  After a while though I finally got a fuckin' clue and decided I'd just go see the movies I really was interested in.  So instead of going two or three times a week to the movies, now I go about once a month.  I haven't missed a thing.  If a good movie like Harry Potter or SAW II or something comes out, I go see it.  All the unoriginal remakes and shit I leave alone.  The one that broke the camels back for me was the Honeymooners with Cedric the Entertainer.  I just couldn't take that shit.  Replace Jackie Gleason with Cedric the Entertainer? That's disgusting.