Author Topic: Aaron McKie is being rested for the playoffs...  (Read 195 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Aaron McKie is being rested for the playoffs...
« on: December 19, 2005, 10:35:14 AM »
Phil is using Aaron to fill in the Ron Harper/Brian Shaw veteran role of emerging big come playoff time...He is currently on the inactive list, even though there are players who aren't as capable of contributing on the active roster...I think it's a great strategy. Aaron Mckie, the oldest player on the team, wont be as beat up and worn down come playoff time. He'll also soak in all the offense from the bench, from a coaches perspective, and not get lost in the middle of it...He's gunna come in, hit big shots, guide the younger players on the court...The Lakers will be GREAT in the playoffs. Phil Jackson has it all planned...People were wondering what the purpose of signing McKie was if he wasn't going to play...There's a huge purpose to the signing, only time will reveal it... 8)

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
Re: Aaron McKie is being rested for the playoffs...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 04:45:06 PM »
IF the Lakers make the playoffs

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 05:43:57 PM »
Why rest him when they won't even make the playoffs...
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 07:57:36 PM »
LOL. Morons.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 08:12:40 PM »
Well I hope Phil plans on giving him some playing time. You can't learn everything from watching. At some point you have to go out there and experience it. Espically a system as complex as the triangle offece. Plus McKie couldn't last an enitre season without using a cain on the court, so this is a smart idea on Jackson's part.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 08:19:31 PM »
Why rest him when they won't even make the playoffs...
I see, ANOTHER Laker hater ::)

smoke1ne

• 'G'
  • LOL
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 08:37:03 PM »
man im a laker fan and been one since 93 but god damm aaron mckie in the time he played was garbage and he was shootin like 13% that shits sad another bad signin i bet you he wont come back 100% back this season those knees have had problems for awhile dude im sorry but dont say he bein rested that nigga is iinjured
http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=15899 (link)   shits real easy.. you just click the name of the offer you wanna do... do what the instructions say.. and then hit submit...

you can make about 80$ without doing any cc offers!!!! no bullshit

allfromtheIE

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 09:05:03 PM »
He'll also soak in all the offense from the bench

Its obvious you have never played organized basketball.   You dont learn shit from the bench, especially not the triangle offense.  At this pt, mckie plays the role of john salley.  Developing a younger player during the regular season will prove more benificial for the lakers than playin mckie who is far from being very productive, and will only get worse as the season progresses.

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 03:16:23 AM »
Phil is using Aaron to fill in the Ron Harper/Brian Shaw veteran role of emerging big come playoff time...He is currently on the inactive list, even though there are players who aren't as capable of contributing on the active roster...I think it's a great strategy. Aaron Mckie, the oldest player on the team, wont be as beat up and worn down come playoff time. He'll also soak in all the offense from the bench, from a coaches perspective, and not get lost in the middle of it...He's gunna come in, hit big shots, guide the younger players on the court...The Lakers will be GREAT in the playoffs. Phil Jackson has it all planned...People were wondering what the purpose of signing McKie was if he wasn't going to play...There's a huge purpose to the signing, only time will reveal it... 8)

Mckie is beyond washed up and totally useless. Ron Harper & Brain Shaw were actually still able to play during the championship yrs. Mckie can't run down the court without his body falling apart.  Mitch Kupchak should've given the Full 5 mill MLE to Sprewell.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 06:22:57 AM »
Quite frankly, I doubt McKie is capable of making the deciding difference when it comes to beating the Spurs/Mavs/other great team in the first playoff round.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2005, 01:02:07 PM »
He'll also soak in all the offense from the bench

Its obvious you have never played organized basketball.   You dont learn shit from the bench, especially not the triangle offense.  At this pt, mckie plays the role of john salley.  Developing a younger player during the regular season will prove more benificial for the lakers than playin mckie who is far from being very productive, and will only get worse as the season progresses.

I guess it's not that obvious, you dumb piece of shit, because I've been playing "organized basketball" my whole life...You can easily learn from watching, you dumbshit. What do you think the coaches do? Aaron McKie is Brian Shaw with a basketball uniform...I can't wait till the playoffs so that you idiots can eat a dick and maybe your words...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2005, 01:02:56 PM »

Mckie is beyond washed up and totally useless. Ron Harper & Brain Shaw were actually still able to play during the championship yrs. Mckie can't run down the court without his body falling apart.  Mitch Kupchak should've given the Full 5 mill MLE to Sprewell.

No Sprewell. We don't want him, we could still get him...

acbaylove

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2005, 02:18:59 PM »
Well not that Profit is out for the season i think we will see him playing some minutes again.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2005, 10:57:52 AM »
9.2      PPG
46%    FG
43.6% 3FG
76%    FT
4.4      RPG
3.5      APG
1.64    SPG
28.2    MPG

These are his stats from less than a year and a half ago...Now that Profit is injured, we're gunna need McKie a little more active during the regular season...Come on McKie, we need you!

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2005, 01:46:31 PM »
dude give it up. mckie is toast. those were his stats from 03. its damn near 2006. the guy is finished.