Author Topic: Chino XL Has A "Poison Pen" In Hand (Exclusive Audio) (killa Priest, beatnuts..)  (Read 215 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Chino XL Has A "Poison Pen" In Hand - December 23, 2005 By : Rud

www.dubcnn.com

Chino XL is at last ready to release his long-awaited "Poison Pen" album on January 31st 2006. The inspired two-disc set has been in the works now for nearly two years, in which time, Chino says he has had offers of a major deal from Dr. Dre at his Aftermath label as well as a G-Unit contract offering. He has however opted to take his "Poison Pen" on a free and independent basis. He states that it was a major consideration when releasing the album, which is being released by the Activate label, that he wants to make a passionately artistic statement and refuses to be subjected to any outside censorship or control by major label executives:

"We gave Chino a budget, and let him do his thing. Chino delivered an unfiltered, mindbending stream of consciousness statement built on strong songs and hooks." says Jay Warsinske. (Activate label CEO who is releasing the album worldwide.

The album comprises of 18 tracks (including 2 bonus tracks) and feaures special collaborations with Killah Priest (Wu Tang), The Beatnuts, Proof of D-12 and other special guests. The 2CD package is available in a Limited Edition Silver Metallic Foil Cover, enhanced with extras that include a music video and two hidden bonus tracks, including the dramatic buzz track "Nunca". Each album will be personally autographed with a silver ‘poison’ pen by Chino XL himself. As an extra feature the disc, when inserted to a computer, will open up a plethora of extras that surround Chino’s sometimes controversial lyrics that are quite often the subject of discussion by hiphop fans. The second disc is a Special DJ MIX version of the album by L.A.’s Power 106 Mr. Choc, in which Chino also recounts stories behind the making of the tracks, and the soul searching he did when recording this introspective new album: "This is me at my most honest, most heartfelt and most uncompromising when it comes to what’s on my mind" says Chino.

Comprising of all new songs this dramatic, undiluted and daringly bold, essential album includes "Wordsmith," "Beastin’" featuring Killah Priest - which was produced by Carlos Bess, "Even If It Kills Me" - about the perils of the rap lifestyle, produced by One Eye (Ice Cube, Ruff Ryders), "Don’t Fail Me Now" featuring Psycho Les of the Beatnuts and Sin Gutta - produced by Byrd, "Can’t Change Me," and the leadoff track, "All I Wanna Do...(Bout Nothin’)."

The limited edition signed collectors package is limited to the first run and will be available January 31, 2006. Chino XL says: "I hope that in the New Year, hiphop will regain a certain amount of integrity in the current overly corporate state of affairs. Hopefully, we will be able to focus on the artistry again. The machine should not be larger than the architects who create the music."

As ever we have exclusive audio from the project available below, check it out and leave feedback over at the forum. Additional background, including booking information on Chino XL’s upcoming "Poison Pen" Tour will be available at the Offical Site.

Chino XL - Beastin' (Feat. Killah Priest)
Chino XL - Don't Fail Me Now (Feat. BeatNuts & Sin Gutta)

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
DAMN... FINALLY.... I've been waiting years for this shit...
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Sikotic™

I've been listening to his older albums lately. The cat spits heat. I'll be checkin' the new album no doubt.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Isnt this album all over the internet already

but it only has 14 tracks and this article says it has 18. All the ones that they mentioned are on the one thats out
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
Chino XL, Fuck You Too - 2Pac

*leaves thread*

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Chino XL's Poison Pen His Last 'At The Undergroud Level'
Saturday - December 24, 2005

As previous reported, Chino XL is prepping the release of his long-awaited album, Poison Pen (see "Chino XL Finally Releasing Poison Pen") and was happy staying on the indie route, but according to a recent statement released by the rapper that is not the case.

"Poison Pen is my last foray at the underground level," stated Chino. "I'm only putting out Poison Pen because I have fans who want to hear it."

As the rapper moves into the New Year, he plans expand his audience and put his music out to the masses with his next major commercial release.

"I am very happy to now be signed to Sway and Tech's label, Bolo/Universal, and I am looking forward to my major commercial release, Confirmation," said Chino.

Also recently in the news, reports revealed that he has fielded offers from both Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment and G-Unit Records, turning them down to go the indie route. According to the rapper, that is far from the truth.

"Just so there is no misunderstanding, I want people to know that I never said I turned down any deals from Interscope, or any of their related parties. That information had come from someone who used to work for me," Chino said in an issued statement.

Chino's next major release, Confirmation, is slated to drop in the spring of 2006.

http://www.ballerstatus.net/news/read/id/99673547/

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!

*leaves thread*

"A nicca with one ball shouldn't speak, i grab my croch when i see 2pac" - Chino XL

Re-enters thread.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 03:48:40 PM by caTASHtrophe »

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
These snippets are nice. I'll have to swoop this up when this comes up.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
youuuu aint even seeen drama, fuckk u and yo dope fiend momma..............

2pac gettin raped in jail.......

cuz when it comes to dissin i make mackaveli sound like the macarena

^^^
all pac disses by chino

chino would've ate pac up in a battle, alotta people turned they back on chino for the love of pac..... but hes always been talented....
i like that track he did with ras kass back in tha day shit was fiya

DJ_Jay_Deee

*leaves thread*
2 Pac groupie. Probably haven't heard any of Chino XL's music.

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..

*leaves thread*

"A nicca with one ball shouldn't speak, i grab my croch when i see 2pac" - Chino XL

Re-enters thread.

I purposely said that coz i know you muthafuckas were gonna catch feelings and thanx for tha negative karma.

LOL at muthafuckas gibving negative karma like it's gonna take money out my muthafuckin' pocket   :loser: 's

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..

*leaves thread*

Chino XL groupie  ::) doesn't matter how many clever rhymes Chino XL spits he's always gonna be remembered for that one line so get over it. It's not as serious as you and everyone else who got all emotional in this thread makes it seems to be. Keep sending tha negative karma you just make me feel good knowing that i'm getting to you. :loser:

bizzle

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • b-i-z-z-l-e
chino xl Isnt just wack but what wack wants to be when  it growz uup

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
chino xl Isnt just wack but what wack wants to be when  it growz uup

LOLLL

ay does any1 have that track on mp3... chino over the outta control remix beat... they used 2 always play it on power
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

*leaves thread*

Get over dat shit PAC DISSED HIM 10 YEARS AGO. Man Im tired of niggaz still doggin people cause PAC did. PAC DEAD GET OVER IT!

Chino XL groupie  ::) doesn't matter how many clever rhymes Chino XL spits he's always gonna be remembered for that one line so get over it. It's not as serious as you and everyone else who got all emotional in this thread makes it seems to be. Keep sending tha negative karma you just make me feel good knowing that i'm getting to you. :loser: