Author Topic: "High Tension" is a REAL horror movie...Crazy must-see film!  (Read 347 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

"High Tension" is a REAL horror movie...Crazy must-see film!
« on: December 25, 2005, 08:24:04 PM »
Anyone who hasn't seen this movie is missing out...Crazy movie, very gruesome and suspenseful right down to the ending. I've heard people say the ending ruins it, but this movie just shocked me. It's an NC-17, so you know that shits viscous...Just watch it, you won't regret it. Who here has seen this movie or would like to comment on it?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: "High Tension" is a REAL horror movie...Crazy must-see film!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 08:32:27 PM »
I'll rent it tommorow 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 08:52:03 PM »
Cool. Let me know what you think...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 02:27:09 PM »
So no one here has seen this movie? Damn, you guys are missing out...Especially the horror fans. :nawty:

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 02:27:40 PM »
Going to the video store right now...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 09:13:40 AM »
Have you watched it yet?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 09:21:00 AM »
Yeah that shit is rough mayne, especially the scene with the cabinet and the stairrail  :D
I liked the twist also.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 09:24:45 AM »
Yeah that shit is rough mayne, especially the scene with the cabinet and the stairrail  :D
I liked the twist also.

Yup. The stairrail scene was one of the most viscous scenes I've seen in a horror movie, and trust me, I've seen horror movies...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 03:32:21 PM »
Wow.  One of the best horror movies ive seen

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 06:15:53 PM »
See, I know my movies...It's a shame a max of like 4 people on WCC will see this though.

Glendale

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 10:00:07 PM »
i could see it confusing for alot of ppl as i was with 4 other adults who asked me what happened n shit....all that schizo shit but we got it. you wayyyyy over hyped it, some gruesome parts but not a real horror movie like u claimed. thats just my opinion though....but yeh did not like it at all really, maybe your a guy from europe n thats why u liked it but poor production, acting was terrible, annoying how the voices didnt match up, etccc....decent plot just everything around it didnt make it worth the 4$ i spent on it. haha sry to dissapoint u but yeah.

i hear "hostile"  is a great movie and "identity" with amanda pete...i have yet to see either and wish i wouldve got one of those two instead of this high tension bullshit. i'd never recommend it period.
"Got niggas head's dividin faster than nerds at a calculus convention/see i school niggas, then i afterschool niggas like detention." -  Ras Kass   

"You got Soldiers, but you still Gotta respect ours, We got more 'Four Fives and Nines' than A deck of cards" - L. Banks

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 10:23:12 PM »
i could see it confusing for alot of ppl as i was with 4 other adults who asked me what happened n shit....all that schizo shit but we got it. you wayyyyy over hyped it, some gruesome parts but not a real horror movie like u claimed. thats just my opinion though....but yeh did not like it at all really, maybe your a guy from europe n thats why u liked it but poor production, acting was terrible, annoying how the voices didnt match up, etccc....decent plot just everything around it didnt make it worth the 4$ i spent on it. haha sry to dissapoint u but yeah.

i hear "hostile"  is a great movie and "identity" with amanda pete...i have yet to see either and wish i wouldve got one of those two instead of this high tension bullshit. i'd never recommend it period.

I gotta disagree.  Can you elaborate on the poor production point? Everything about it was dope.  The make-up and score especially.  The camera work was excellent as well.  And about the dubbing, you could have just viewed it in its original langauge with english subtitles(which is I how saw it) and it would have been better. What could be the case is that you're just not a big fan of horror films in general? 

I think you're referring to Eli Roth's Hostel.  I cant wait to see that one.  I enjoyed Cabin Fever a lot (even though a lot of people hated it).  He's also directing Saw III, which is due out around 06' Halloween

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2005, 10:30:37 PM »
just finished watching this movie, and i must say it was fucking sick.  i watched the 91 minute nc-17 version.  and damn it was gruesome.  whats crazy is tho from the opening scene i called the outcome of the whole movie, the whole thing by watching the first 5 minutes.  it didnt take anythign away though.  great movie and good pick NIK

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2005, 03:04:56 AM »
If you only like flat american hollywood movies you're really missin' out Reezy.

Like, for example, "In China they eat dogs" is an excellent european movie. I don't know about the dubbing though, since you guys arent used to it and maybe they do the dubbing bad intentionally as a part of conspiracy to not support the european market and what not  ;)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2005, 10:13:45 AM »

You'd have to be a retard to find this shit confusing...It all comes together in the end, and if it confused you, it seems as if you (and the 4 people you viewed it with) were the ones with the problem...As Javy said, great production (especially for a French movie), awesome kills, nice story, it has the perfect premise for a horror movie IMO...Their wasn't much talking in the movie, so I don't know what your problem with the dubbing is, and even if, it's originaly in French, so just watch it with subtitles if it bothers you...I just think you either have a horrible taste in movies, or just missed the point in this one...PeACe

PS...LMAO@"maybe your a guy from europe"...One of the most ignorant comments you've made.