Author Topic: Kobe Suspended two games for Vicious elbow  (Read 554 times)

ecrazy

Kobe Suspended two games for Vicious elbow
« on: December 30, 2005, 02:58:04 PM »

NEW YORK (AP) - Kobe Bryant was suspended for two games without pay Friday for elbowing Mike Miller in the throat.

During Wednesday's 101-99 loss to Memphis, the Lakers guard was called for a flagrant foul with 8:24 to play for elbowing Miller.

After the game, Bryant was unapologetic. He had been gashed over his left eye in the second quarter when Miller pushed him in the face with his hand; the cut required three stitches.

"Any player that was going to come down the lane at that point in time, I was going to let him know that he just can't walk through there," Bryant said. "I think we as a team have to do a better job of establishing that. And me, as a leader of the ballclub, I've got to take the initiative to do that - and hopefully, everybody will see that.

"This being our home court, people come here and think it's Hollywood and all sorts of stuff, so they think they'll come down (the lane) and look pretty and shoot jump shots and dunk the ball and finger-roll the ball and do all sorts of cute stuff. And we've got to stop that."

Bryant is scheduled to serve his suspension Sunday, when the Lakers host Utah, and Tuesday, when Los Angeles plays at the Jazz.

ecrazy

Re: Kobe Suspended two games for Vicious elbow
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 03:01:08 PM »
There is one thing that is stoping a player by fouling, then there is being a fuckin poor sport and elbowing him almost hurting him, this was a display of the worst sportsmanship in a while, laker fans should be ashamed of kobe right now and hope that Kobe cleans his act up, or he'll end up another Artest.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 03:12:33 PM »
Kobe is a pussy.

WestCoasta

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 03:53:48 PM »
then there is being a fuckin poor sport and elbowing him almost hurting him, this was a display of the worst sportsmanship in a while, laker fans should be ashamed of kobe right now and hope that Kobe cleans his act up, or he'll end up another Artest.
:laugh:

I think it's good for the team.  ;)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 04:11:58 PM »
then there is being a fuckin poor sport and elbowing him almost hurting him, this was a display of the worst sportsmanship in a while, laker fans should be ashamed of kobe right now and hope that Kobe cleans his act up, or he'll end up another Artest.
:laugh:

I think it's good for the team.  ;)

??? Game without Kobe = 2 certified losses.. unless Utah players smoke a fat one before the games start

anybody got a video of that elbow stuff?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 04:21:17 PM »
There is one thing that is stoping a player by fouling, then there is being a fuckin poor sport and elbowing him almost hurting him, this was a display of the worst sportsmanship in a while, laker fans should be ashamed of kobe right now and hope that Kobe cleans his act up, or he'll end up another Artest.
::) The Bad Boys of the 80's did this all the time. It's called intimidation, not letting teams do whatever they want. Stop being a bitch and wanting everything to be nice and clean.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 04:23:28 PM »
Kobe is a pussy.

Can you explain your reasoning. BTW I bet you wouldn't say that to his face.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 04:25:08 PM »
 "Any player that was going to come down the lane at that particular time, I was going to let them know that they just can't walk through here," Bryant told reporters after the game. "I think we as a team have to do a better job of establishing that, and me as the leader of the ballclub, I have to take initiative to do that.

"Hopefully everybody else will see that, especially this being our home court. People come here and think it's Hollywood and all this other stuff, and they'll come down and look pretty and shoot jump shots and dunk the ball and stand over the ball and all this other cute stuff. We've got to stop that."

- Kobe Bryant

LMAO
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 04:27:02 PM by Javy »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 04:29:12 PM by Javy »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 04:31:30 PM »
"Any player that was going to come down the lane at that particular time, I was going to let them know that they just can't walk through here," Bryant told reporters after the game. "I think we as a team have to do a better job of establishing that, and me as the leader of the ballclub, I have to take initiative to do that.

"Hopefully everybody else will see that, especially this being our home court. People come here and think it's Hollywood and all this other stuff, and they'll come down and look pretty and shoot jump shots and dunk the ball and stand over the ball and all this other cute stuff. We've got to stop that."

- Kobe Bryant

LMAO

LOL.. wtf.. Kobe is getting buckwild for real. Next thing he do is attending the court with fire arms, threatening players who ain't wearing purple gold to get the fuck outta the paint. LOL. Gangs of LA.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

ecrazy

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 04:53:43 PM »
::) The Bad Boys of the 80's did this all the time. It's called intimidation, not letting teams do whatever they want. Stop being a bitch and wanting everything to be nice and clean.
Ok, its one thing intimidating, its another thing playing like a bitch and playing dirty, elbowing is not in the rules, elbowing and almost hurting someone is not intimidation, its being an poor sport. Kobe got hit accidently, it happens, and for retaliation he goes and elbows him, why not score a trillion points since he's so damn great, or 360 fly over the hoop slamma jamma over this dude? Im suprised he didnt wave his finger around like he usually does when he has confrontations with other players, lol.

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 05:12:08 PM »

damn they should fry kobe like tookie!  :D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2005, 06:12:52 PM »
LMAO@this guy^^^

Anyways, this suspension is bullshit...WTF. Dwyane Wade did the same exact thing, intentionally elbowing Kobe for retaliation, but he didn't get shit...More proof of Kobe being one of the most hated players in the league...and LMAO@that Hollywood comment, Kobe sounds serious as fuck about this shit...I love it. Seriously though, I woulda' socked Mike Miller in the head if he woulda' "accidently" cut my eye open like that. I definitely understand Kobe's frustrations, getting pounded everytime he takes it in, and most of the time there being no whistle...Even that last Kobe lay-up for the game was a foul, so I can definitely see where the frustration is coming from...I wanna see Odom and Kwame step up in Kobe's absence...I would love for the Lakers to win their next four games, as I predicted before the Kobe suspension...Profit is Kobe's most reliable back-up though, so the Lakers are really gunna feel his absence in these next 2 games...PeACe
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 06:47:52 PM by Now_Im_Blowed »

ecrazy

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 06:17:41 PM »
LMAO@this guy^^^

Anyways, this suspension is bullshit...WTF. Dwyane Wade did the same exact thing, intentionally elbowing Kobe for retaliation, but he didn't get shit...More proof of Kobe being one of the most hated players in the league...and LMAO@that Hollywood comment, Kobe's sounds serious as fuck about this shit...I love it. Seriously though, I woulda' socked Mike Miller in the head if he woulda' "accidently" cut my eye open like that. I definitely understand Kobe's frustrations, getting pounded everytime he takes it in, and most of the time there being no whistle..
Yeah, instead of getting back at him during the game and making himself look like a bad sport, kobe should have socked him(or tried to sock him, kobe doesnt have good aim when it comes to throwing punches i have noticed) Its natural to get angry at someone hitting you, no one would be trippin, except the true kobe haters.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2005, 06:48:31 PM »
Its natural to get angry at someone hitting you, no one would be trippin, except the true kobe haters.

So you agree? LOL