Author Topic: Kobe Suspended two games for Vicious elbow  (Read 551 times)

acbaylove

Re: Kobe Suspended two games for Vicious elbow
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2006, 06:13:43 PM »
Lately? I think the Lakers are easily the most hated team by refs around the league...The way calls have been going for them, I don't think ANYONE can argue that.

I didn't want to bitch about it, cause having a former international referee as a father i'm not into this "we got robbed by the referees" shit. But i've noticed a lot of strange situations lately. Expecially against Mihm. I've seen Shaq elbowing him in the last Miami-Lakers game, but the referee always called it a foul against Mihm. At least 3 times he inverted the call. Plus Wade elbowed Kobe but he didn't got punished with a flagrant (it was a 2 games suspesion easily). And i can go on and on.. what about the last shot by Mihm in the last game? Wasn't it a cristalline foul? And wasn't Miller's foul a flagrant? Shit they're getting no love. Why?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2006, 06:21:33 PM »
Lately? I think the Lakers are easily the most hated team by refs around the league...The way calls have been going for them, I don't think ANYONE can argue that.

I didn't want to bitch about it, cause having a former international referee as a father i'm not into this "we got robbed by the referees" shit. But i've noticed a lot of strange situations lately. Expecially against Mihm. I've seen Shaq elbowing him in the last Miami-Lakers game, but the referee always called it a foul against Mihm. At least 3 times he inverted the call. Plus Wade elbowed Kobe but he didn't got punished with a flagrant (it was a 2 games suspesion easily). And i can go on and on.. what about the last shot by Mihm in the last game? Wasn't it a cristalline foul? And wasn't Miller's foul a flagrant? Shit they're getting no love. Why?

LOL...It's not even a mystery. The refs (and even the league) simply doesn't respect the Lakers...I'm not complaining though, it's just been obvious. Mihm is THE ABSOLUTE WORST reffed player in the league...Mihm is known around the NBA as foul-prone, so any shot Mihm even dares to contest is automatically called against him...It's sorta' a psychological thing the refs have going, but the way Mihm always seems to pick up 2 quick fouls in the first quarter (resulting in a 2nd quarter benching) REALLY hurts the Lakers...Honestly, Phil has been saying the same thing all year, but it hasn't gotten ANY better...Anyways, games on, gotta get going...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2006, 06:36:17 PM »
Shit it's a shame cause if we only could have Mihm on the court for 35 minutes contesting shots the way he can...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2006, 09:02:34 PM »
It actually happened again today...Late in the 4th quarter it was a tie game, Kirelenko was under the basket with Mihm defending him. Mihm didn't even contest the shot and he gets called for the foul...Earlier, Lakers were down by 3. Odom drove it to the hoop, got fouled on the shot, and flipped the ball up for an amazing reverse lay-up. The ref calls NO continuation...a great chance to tie the game and sway the momentum towards the Lakers direction ruined once again by the refs...There's no way I'm blaming this game on the refs though, the Lakers missed too many vital free-throws down the stretch for me to blame this game on the refs, but let me tell you, the respect the Lakers lack around the league is unexplainable...Kobe is gunna shit on the league in his return.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2006, 10:17:37 PM »

not hated man, theyre not aggressive enough to get calls. The Lakers will NEVER be a "hated" team by the refs. also remember, theyre young....and other then Kobe none of the players have ANY type of reputation around the league. Kobe gets a ton of bullshit calls called his way, because he has a rep and is a vet. just like most superstars in the league.

K A I N

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2006, 02:29:55 AM »
Good job for Kobe, his eye got fuked up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2006, 11:30:57 AM »

not hated man, theyre not aggressive enough to get calls. The Lakers will NEVER be a "hated" team by the refs. also remember, theyre young....and other then Kobe none of the players have ANY type of reputation around the league. Kobe gets a ton of bullshit calls called his way, because he has a rep and is a vet. just like most superstars in the league.

It's not about not getting calls, it's about getting called on blocked shots and clean rips...The refs do NOT respect the Lakers and it's been that way for a while. Mihm in particular, he's the WORST reffed guy in the league, and it's a shame, because he's currently our most reliable big.... :-\

WestCoasta

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2006, 11:39:57 AM »
I pretty much don't/can't watch the NBA because the reffing is awful.... every 5 seconds there's a whistle.... one guy gets a finger laid on him while he has the ball and it's a foul..... so lame