Author Topic: "Toolbox Murders"...Tobe Hooper finally delivers once again!  (Read 229 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

"Toolbox Murders"...Tobe Hooper finally delivers once again!
« on: January 02, 2006, 02:57:38 PM »
From the self-proclaimed "master of horror"...The man who brought us classics like "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "Salem's Lot", and "Poltergeist" in the 70's and 80's finally comes through with a horror movie worth watching..."Toolbox Murders" is not the greatest, but it has some amazing elements and is overall a worthy horror film. I would recommend it to any horror fan. This is supposed to be a remake of "The Toolbox Murders (1978)", but the storyline is almost completely different in Hooper's version...The movie actually had to be re-edited to recieve an R, so yea, it contains the gore element Tobe provides so efficiently...If you're looking for a horror movie worth watching, this is it...Anyone else seen this movie or have an opinion on it?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 08:56:18 PM by Now_Im_Blowed »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: "Toolbox Murders"...Tobe Hooper finally delivers once again!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 09:21:18 AM »
What a surprise!...All of WCC has seen it and all loved it! I knew the day would come where horror would rise once again...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Maybe this'll work...

"...Hooper creates a film that's almost as effective as his first big success - The Texas Chain Saw Massacre."
-- David Nusair, REEL FILM REVIEWS

"Toolbox may not renew the splatter genre in any significant way, but the chills and kills prove Hooper, when armed with the right script, can still tighten the fright screws."
-- Russell Edwards, Variety.com

"Toolbox Murders is Hooper’s best work in years."
-- Staci Layne Wilson, HORROR.COM

"Toolbox Murders is arguably the movie everyone has been waiting for Hooper to make since Texas Chainsaw Massacre."
-- Rod Gudino, RUE MORGUE MAGAZINE

"This one might just be a small blip on the current Horror Remake horizon, but it's a knowingly nasty and entirely enjoyable throwback to a slashier time."
-- Scott Weinberg, EFILMCRITIC.COM

"In a genre where so many titles disappoint, Hooper makes sure that this one won’t."
-- David Cornelius, EFILMCRITIC.COM

"A truly vicious, gruesome and utterly ludicrous movie that exists only to make us jump in our seats."
-- Rich Cline, SHADOWS ON THE WALL

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I couldn't find it at the local blockster.

On The Edge of Insanity

I just hate horror films, so haven't peeped it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I couldn't find it at the local blockster.

They definitely should have it, did you ask behind the counter?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Well DubCc is a rap-board. Going into detail when it comes to a specific movie genre, you shouldn't be suprised when not many people have the knowledge to give an awesome response and start a discussion. It's like starting to talk about Ras Kass on a horrormovie-board in the music section. Not saying you can't, I'm happy you do, but don't diss the whole community for the lack of knowledge concerning Tobe Hopper (sp? :D )
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Well DubCc is a rap-board. Going into detail when it comes to a specific movie genre, you shouldn't be suprised when not many people have the knowledge to give an awesome response and start a discussion. It's like starting to talk about Ras Kass on a horrormovie-board in the music section. Not saying you can't, I'm happy you do, but don't diss the whole community for the lack of knowledge concerning Tobe Hopper (sp? :D )

It's not even about that...It just pisses me off when a movie like "The Ring 2" comes out, and it'll get a 3 page discussion. But then a well-reviewed come-back movie by one of the greatest horror directors ever ("TCM", "Poltergeist", "Salems Lot", etc.) goes completely ignored...I'm not mad or anything, it just doesn't make sense to me.