Author Topic: Does HipHop poison your mentality ?  (Read 280 times)

ABN

Re: Does HipHop poison your mentality ?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2006, 08:00:38 AM »
if you live in the ghetto, then i think there is alot of hip-hop poisoning peoples minds. it's easier to say we are 'strong' because we dont have the same up-bringing, dont have the same surroundings, when if we were in a similar habitat, we would be just as prone and weak.
iīm pretty sure that itīs actually the other way around. coz people in the ghetto done seen all of this shit that rappers talk about already so itīs already their truth and they see the shit for what itīs worth. i hate to generalize but iīm pretty damn sure that hip hop effects middle class white kids in that sense coz they get infatuated with that life coz they donīt know shit about it and to them itīs something "cool". these fucktards that kill people then blame it on music are white middle class kids 9/10 times, aint no one in the ghetto kill 10 peeps then try to get off by blaiming it on Marilyn Manson or 50 Cent lol.

coola

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2006, 08:09:08 AM »
if you live in the ghetto, then i think there is alot of hip-hop poisoning peoples minds. it's easier to say we are 'strong' because we dont have the same up-bringing, dont have the same surroundings, when if we were in a similar habitat, we would be just as prone and weak.
iīm pretty sure that itīs actually the other way around. coz people in the ghetto done seen all of this shit that rappers talk about already so itīs already their truth and they see the shit for what itīs worth. i hate to generalize but iīm pretty damn sure that hip hop effects middle class white kids in that sense coz they get infatuated with that life coz they donīt know shit about it and to them itīs something "cool". these fucktards that kill people then blame it on music are white middle class kids 9/10 times, aint no one in the ghetto kill 10 peeps then try to get off by blaiming it on Marilyn Manson or 50 Cent lol.

nah man, the kids in the ghetto look up to hustlaz and gangstas because thats a more achievable and honorouble goal for them, than to go to college...

ABN

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2006, 08:31:51 AM »

nah man, the kids in the ghetto look up to hustlaz and gangstas because thats a more achievable and honorouble goal for them, than to go to college...
have you ever lived in the ghetto? i have and thatīs not the mentality that most people got where iīm originally from and these days i live around a lot of white people in Sweden and iīve been around a lot of white peeps when iīve been in NY aswell and i have to say that the white people i know are a lot more fascinated with the whole killer/hustler lifetsyle then the people i grew up with in Santa Domingo.

coola

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2006, 08:36:22 AM »

have you ever lived in the ghetto? i have and thatīs not the mentality that most people got where iīm originally from and these days i live around a lot of white people in Sweden and iīve been around a lot of white peeps when iīve been in NY aswell and i have to say that the white people i know are a lot more fascinated with the whole killer/hustler lifetsyle then the people i grew up with in Santa Domingo.

holy shit man... ok rap music is made by the black community, they do it the best, they started it... so when i talk about a ghetto i'm talking about a black ghetto, in L.A or the U.S because thats what theyre relating to... not some poor swedish suburb.

ABN

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2006, 08:40:02 AM »

holy shit man... ok rap music is made by the black community, they do it the best, they started it... so when i talk about a ghetto i'm talking about a black ghetto, in L.A or the U.S because thats what theyre relating to... not some poor swedish suburb.
can you read? Santa Domingo? hmmmm yea itīs not like it lives any black people in the Dominican Republic and itīs not like any american rappers hail from the DR ::)

coola

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2006, 08:42:03 AM »
well i dont really see many 13 yr old white kids joining gangs with ak-47's strapped to them... maybe white kids aspire to it more, but the black kids are doing it.

edit: i still think it affects black kids more than white.

J Bananas

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2006, 12:08:05 PM »
of course rap affects black kids more and sets a bad example for them. if u cant admit this, then you're probably a cracker, or a nigga who thinks he's a cracker.

J Bananas

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2006, 12:08:29 PM »

Sikotic™

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2006, 12:36:27 PM »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

herpes

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2006, 01:02:56 PM »
Not at all. Only weak people let that get to them.
and people who have little life experience and feel they have something to prove

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »
of course rap affects black kids more and sets a bad example for them. if u cant admit this, then you're probably a cracker, or a nigga who thinks he's a cracker.

Does anybody see the irony here?  Quoting Big Rube - and we say we're not affected.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!