Author Topic: Shaq & Kobe  (Read 1502 times)

acbaylove

Re: Shaq & Kobe
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 11:42:09 AM »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 11:48:41 AM »
we also saw what happened when Jordan left

Scottie had to lead the Bulls to the playoffs  ;)

And an OLD pippen was just 15 minutes away from going into the Finals and mandhandle the Pacers

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 12:13:32 PM »
The 80's Lakers won 5 titles.  Only 2 of those titles you can say Jabbar and Magic were clearly the 2 best players on the team, in their first title Jabbar was the best player but Wilkes and Magic had the same Win Shares.  1982 comes along, and its pretty clear that Kareem and Magic are the best in the team.  Same goes 1985. In 87 it was Magic and Worthy and in 88 it was Magic and Scott.  In other words, the 80s Lakers were dominated by Magic and other players that would stand out year in and year out.

Shaq and Kobe > Jordan and Pippen > Magic and Kareem

PLANT

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 02:02:46 PM »
Championship Bulls>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Championship Lakers

Shaq & Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>Jordan & Pimpin

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2006, 05:49:59 PM »
damn i miss those days, too bad kobe fucked it up

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2006, 06:01:26 PM »
Thanks to Shaq,NO  ...They're not even in the top 5.

He fucked everything up, He thought he was bigger then the team & started yelling @ Dr.Buss to give him money and a bunch of other stuff. :psych:

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2006, 09:55:51 PM »
Jordan/Pippen>>Magic/Kareem>>Shaq/Kobe.

Shaq and Kobe were a great duo as far as two indivually amazing players, but when it comes to actual chemistry between two players...those other two duo's are head and shoulders about anyone. Btw...im not sure if this is limited to duos who won championships, but if its not...there absolutely no way you can talk about duos without mentioning Malone/Stockton. I hated em, but fuck...they were a perfect fit for eachother, and probably played together better then any of those other duo's. they just didnt have the strong teams to go along with them.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2006, 11:19:38 PM »

yeah and got crushed by shaq's Magic on their way to the Finals

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

wcsoldier

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2006, 11:25:10 PM »
Lakers at their best level (during the 01 playoffs) >>>> any Bulls team

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2006, 12:02:31 AM »

I HIGHLY disagree...

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2006, 12:51:10 PM »

yeah and got crushed by shaq's Magic on their way to the Finals

actually, i was talking about when they lost to the Knicks in the e.c. semi-finals in 7 games  :P

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2006, 01:14:56 PM »
Magic/Kareem > Jordan/Pippen > Shaq/Kobe

Simple, Magic was the ultimate team player. He could dominate a game without scoring a point. With Kareem, they made the best dynasty of NBA history. Jordan is the greatest scoring machine the NBA has ever seen since Wilt. The difference, Jordan had a teammate to help him, it wasn't until Wilt got Jerry West, and both were too old to have a dynasty after years of chasing the Celtics. Jordan and Pippin dominated because Jordan was that good, and Pippin knew his role. BUT, Pippin was one of the best defenders of all time, and without Pippin on D, Jordan is looking at Barkley, Ewing and Malone and Stockton win title, and we all see Magic never comeback because the spring before he found out he had HIV, he won his final title. Pippin did hold up his end, mainly D with O support. Shaq and Kobe never reached their full potential, and could have surpass both. BUT, too many years of Shaq getting lost defending a simple pick and roll in Utah, and Kobe shotting air balls in playoff games hurts overall. Also, that lose to Detroit to end it all shows that their internal problems could not help them beat a unit like Jordan and Pippin who would have each others back, look at Jordan beating Utah with the flu. Pippin is there to help his teammate, Kobe would have just left Shaq alone in the paint and tried to score 50 himself to get the attention and say he carried the team well Shaq was sick, or vice versa, Shaq would have demanded the ball well Kobe is bringing the ball up court. Self distruction ruined Kobe and Shaq. Team work is what puts the 90's Bulls and the 80's Lakers above them. Magic as a team player beats Jordan the scoring machine though for  the better duo.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2006, 01:31:38 PM »
If we include Magic and Kareem, then we also have to include Magic/Worthy

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2006, 01:50:40 PM »
Magic/Kareem > Jordan/Pippen > Shaq/Kobe

Simple, Magic was the ultimate team player. He could dominate a game without scoring a point. With Kareem, they made the best dynasty of NBA history. Jordan is the greatest scoring machine the NBA has ever seen since Wilt. The difference, Jordan had a teammate to help him, it wasn't until Wilt got Jerry West, and both were too old to have a dynasty after years of chasing the Celtics. Jordan and Pippin dominated because Jordan was that good, and Pippin knew his role. BUT, Pippin was one of the best defenders of all time, and without Pippin on D, Jordan is looking at Barkley, Ewing and Malone and Stockton win title, and we all see Magic never comeback because the spring before he found out he had HIV, he won his final title. Pippin did hold up his end, mainly D with O support. Shaq and Kobe never reached their full potential, and could have surpass both. BUT, too many years of Shaq getting lost defending a simple pick and roll in Utah, and Kobe shotting air balls in playoff games hurts overall. Also, that lose to Detroit to end it all shows that their internal problems could not help them beat a unit like Jordan and Pippin who would have each others back, look at Jordan beating Utah with the flu. Pippin is there to help his teammate, Kobe would have just left Shaq alone in the paint and tried to score 50 himself to get the attention and say he carried the team well Shaq was sick, or vice versa, Shaq would have demanded the ball well Kobe is bringing the ball up court. Self distruction ruined Kobe and Shaq. Team work is what puts the 90's Bulls and the 80's Lakers above them. Magic as a team player beats Jordan the scoring machine though for  the better duo.

I disagree...Shaq fell off his last few years in LA, but during the 3peat reign, there was never a duo greater than Kobe & Shaq. Lucky for Jordan, Pippen never showed up to camps out of shape and unmotivated to play...

Kobe & Shaq (1999-2002) > Jordan & Pippen (1990-1993) > Jordan & Pippen (1995-1998).

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2006, 09:01:05 PM »

I HIGHLY disagree...

thats cool, but theres absolutely NO way you can put Kobe/Shaq above Jordan/Pippen or Magic/Kareem. I mean cmon man. I dont know if you were old enough to actually watch Kareem/Magic, or really understand basketball when Jordan/Pippen were runnin together. But Shaq and Kobe's chemistry was NOTHING compared to those guys. This isnt about who the individual, but about who were the best "duos". You never saw these kind of problems between Jordan and Pippen or Magic and Kareem that would cause them to not be able to play together. Kobe/Shaq, not even close to the other two. As for having Jordan/Pippen above Magic/Kareem, thats close. Jordan is unarguably the greatest player ever. But Magic and Kareem are both probably in the top 5 or so. Pippen, i wouldnt place him in the top ten ever really. But, look at how good those Bulls teams were, and they had FAR less talent surrounding those two then Magic and Kareem ever had. I mean, through their runs of 6 championships...the 3rd best player they ever really had was Rodman, and they didnt have him the whole time. They had players like Luc Longley,Bill Wennington, BJ Armstrong, etc...etc. All of whom disappeared into nothingness when Jordan and Pippen were gone.