Author Topic: How did the myth start  (Read 645 times)

SGV

Re: How did the myth start
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2006, 08:51:15 PM »
They rely on their royalty checks and shit of that nature. Also, they bank on Touring and merchandising. They don't make much on the albums in reality.

Paul

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 06:32:10 AM »
nah im sure the Wu have money, not just the RZA and Method Man.

Raekwon and Ghostface were some major drug dealers before and shit. Even the less know ones like U-God and Masta Killah have money.

i seen their crib on mtv and they are livin in a big fuck off mansion on the holywood hills
funkyfreshintheflesh

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 08:10:57 AM »
yall sleeping on ghost face(he put the money up for the wu to start out).....do the math,he( ex.produced) all of wu shit(some solos to) with the rza.go take a look(DENNIS COLES).
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 12:43:08 PM »
^ livin off profits (cant be that much), ghost writing, i'd bet that unless they're makin the $ that say eminem, 50, dre etc make, then they've got a side hustle of some kind

yeah cats like dre, eminem, and 50 dont have to worry about going broke. but what about cats like...fabolous, juvenile, yukmouth, etc. a few thousand dollars aint much now days
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 05:35:59 PM »
^ livin off profits (cant be that much), ghost writing, i'd bet that unless they're makin the $ that say eminem, 50, dre etc make, then they've got a side hustle of some kind

yeah cats like dre, eminem, and 50 dont have to worry about going broke. but what about cats like...fabolous, juvenile, yukmouth, etc. a few thousand dollars aint much now days

I dont know about them other rappers, but I know Yuk is rich as fuck (not just off of rappin though). he does smart shit like real estate investment and stocks & bonds, all that real shit

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2006, 05:39:02 PM »
oh yeah, and the myth started because people will believe anything somebody on tv says. i heard the bigger the lie, the more people will believe you (just look at george bush).

J Bananas

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2006, 06:06:28 PM »
plus it doesnt help that 85% of a rap albums lyrics is about how rich they are or the car they got, or if anyone tries to snatch they million dollar chain theyll kill em.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2006, 12:55:16 AM »
I was wondering this for a while. how much are rappers like Jae Hood, Infa red n cross (of Ruff Ruders) and other rappers of that stature (its late n my minds blank) actually worth?? Like rappers who have minimal chance of releasin an album, let alone own a record company...do they bring in more than the average person or what?

The Maestro