Author Topic: Cheney Accidentally Shoots Fellow Hunter  (Read 777 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Cheney Accidentally Shoots Fellow Hunter
« on: February 12, 2006, 02:59:13 PM »
WASHINGTON - Vice President     Dick Cheney accidentally shot and wounded a companion during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, spraying the fellow hunter in the face and chest with shotgun pellets.

Harry Whittington, a millionaire attorney from Austin, was "alert and doing fine" in a Corpus Christi hospital Sunday after he was shot by Cheney on a ranch in south Texas, said Katharine Armstrong, the property's owner.

He was described as in stable condition by Yvonne Wheeler, spokeswoman for the Christus Spohn Health System in Corpus Christi.

Armstrong in an interview with The Associated Press said Whittington, 78, was mostly injured on his right side, with the pellets hitting his cheek, neck and chest during the incident which occurred late afternoon on Saturday

She said emergency personnel traveling with Cheney tended to Whittington until the ambulance arrived.

Cheney's spokeswoman, Lea Anne McBride, said the vice president was with Whittington and his wife at the hospital on Sunday.

The shooting was first reported by the Corpus Christi Caller-Times. The vice president's office did not disclose the accident until nearly 24 hours after it happened.

Armstrong said she was watching from a car while Cheney, Whittington and another hunter got out of the vehicle to shoot at a covey of quail.

Whittington shot a bird and went to look for it in the tall grass, while Cheney and the third hunter walked to another spot and discovered a second covey.

Whittington "came up from behind the vice president and the other hunter and didn't signal them or indicate to them or announce himself," Armstrong said.

"The vice president didn't see him," she continued. "The covey flushed and the vice president picked out a bird and was following it and shot. And by god, Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good."

Whittington has been a private practice attorney in Austin since 1950 and has long been active in Texas Republican politics. He's been appointed to several state boards, including when then-Gov. George W. Bush named him to the Texas Funeral Service Commission.

Whittington owns property in Travis County worth at least $11 million, the Austin American-Statesman reported last year, not counting a downtown block at the center of a long-running dispute with the city over a condemnation issue.

Armstrong, owner of the Armstrong Ranch where the accident occurred, said Whittington was bleeding and Cheney was very apologetic.

"It broke the skin," she said of the shotgun pellets. "It knocked him silly. But he was fine. He was talking. His eyes were open. It didn't get in his eyes or anything like that."

"Fortunately, the vice president has got a lot of medical people around him and so they were right there and probably more cautious than we would have been," she said. "The vice president has got an ambulance on call, so the ambulance came."

Cheney is an avid hunter who makes annual hunting trips to South Dakota to hunt pheasants. He also travels frequently to Arkansas to hunt ducks.

Armstrong said Cheney is a longtime friend who comes to the ranch to hunt about once a year and is "a very safe sportsman." She said Whittington is a regular, too, but she thought it was the first time the two men hunted together.

"This is something that happens from time to time. You now, I've been peppered pretty well myself," said Armstrong.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060212/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cheney_hunting_accident
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

herpes

Re: Cheney Accidentally Shoots Fellow Hunter
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 03:25:14 PM »
LMFAO

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 03:27:47 PM »
wood have been funier if he shooted bush in the ass

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 03:29:48 PM »
God damn! Cheny got that THUG LIFE tatted on his chest man boobs.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J Bananas

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 03:30:25 PM »
cheney tryin a kill fools out in the woods then play it off like a accident when he cant seal the deal, what a bitch.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 06:46:47 PM »
God damn! Cheny got that THUG LIFE tatted on his chest man boobs.

lol  :laugh:

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Eihtball

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 06:51:01 PM »
Actually, that wasn't Cheney, that was me hiding behind a tree with a FABARM combat shotgun.  I was trying to get his ass framed for murder, but I picked the wrong weapon for the job...next time, I'll use a rifle, not a Gauge.

Oh, and nobody snitch on me, K?  Cause if you do, I won't miss twice.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 08:12:03 PM »
Aaron Burr 2.0 lol

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 08:12:45 PM »
"Accidently" The CIA is behind this.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 08:15:41 PM »
what a dick

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Eihtball

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2006, 08:38:24 PM »
"Accidently" The CIA is behind this.

No, muh'fucka!  I AM!  And I'm repping the 5% Nation, trying to buck tha white devil, God.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2006, 08:45:55 PM »
hes on crack

coola

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2006, 10:52:33 PM »
WTF ?? LOL how do you shoot someone in the face and chest by accident ?

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2006, 10:58:16 PM »
Last time I checked, quails were alot smaller than an adult.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2006, 11:06:32 PM »
Dick Cheney --------->

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8