Author Topic: Did Papoose really sign with Flipmode  (Read 121 times)

GangstaBoogy

Did Papoose really sign with Flipmode
« on: April 18, 2006, 03:49:52 PM »
I know Busta said he would like to sign Papoose, but on another forum somebody claims that Busta went on the radio and said that Papoose officially signed with Flipmode. Anybody know the real?

That would be a horrible move. Busta can't even get his own album released.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Did Papoose really sign with Flipmode
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 03:55:52 PM »
Imo I think its great.

Yeah he is signed with Flipmode. I like him with flipmode. He's a fuckin monster.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Did Papoose really sign with Flipmode
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 04:01:55 PM »
Brooklyn upstart Papoose recently joined Busta Rhymes’ Flipmode/Aftermath team through a joint venture with DJ Kay Slay’s Street Sweepers Entertainment. "We already had situations on the table, but we knew if we formed some kind of alliance, we could help get Papoose into a bigger deal and we are talking seven-figure ones," said Slay.

The two entities have already collaborated on a Swizz Beatz produced single called "Get Right." According to online reports, Slay feels Busta’s pop appeal will compliment Papoose’s heavy street buzz and totally elevate his career. Despite teaming up with the likes of Nas and Memphis Bleek in the past, Papoose and Slay have intentionally avoided signing a major deal, preferring instead to release a slew of indie mixtapes. "We need priority status, because the kid is the future of Hip-Hop. And that's not coming from me, I heard it from come from a lot of people," said Slay.

Papoose has gripped fans and radio stations with his particular brand of street knowledge and social consciousness on wax. "He talks about the knowledge, wisdom and understanding, I mean dude spits lyrics that I would be actually let my own daughter listening to on some occasions," said Slay. "Get Right" is due in radio rotation this week. Papoose recently performed at Hot 97's Full Frontal fashion show, Power 105.1's "Birthday Bash" at the Nassau Coliseum in New York and BET's Spring Bling party in Miami Beach.