Author Topic: Should we legalize drugs?  (Read 4875 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Should we legalize drugs?
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2006, 05:43:33 PM »
^^You idiot, so when you were caught with weed, baggies and a scale, you went to federal court??
LMAO
California Penal Code Makes Marijuana Posession Illegal As Well, why do you think you were busted!! LMAO!!!
If they really need it, say a cancer patient, why would they arrest a cancer patient? they just take the weed away from them, like the lady my dad was telling me about. Thats the only reason i would see a cop not arresting someone, or if its for less than a gram of weed their arresting them for.
It's Still Illegal, there is no "LEGAL" weed in the United States, your living a dream, why are you getting so upset nik? is it cuz you keep coming up wrong? LMAO!!! hahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha!!!

YOU MORON!!! ARE YOU REALLY THIS STUPID? Oh wait, I keep forgetting that there are no standards with you. I got busted because I didn't have a CANNABIS CLUB CARD, moron...You have to get it prescribed by a doctor for it to be legal. You are so retarded that you argue against what our laws are when all you really have to do is look it up...IDIOT.

On December 12, the California 1st District Court of Appeal ruled that medical marijuana "clubs" cannot legally sell the drug despite the passage in 1996 of Proposition 215, California's medical marijuana initiative. The ruling will go into effect in 30 days unless stayed by further appeals (Stephen Schwartz, "Medical Marijuana Clubs Illegal," San Francisco Chronicle, December 13, 1997, p. A1; Katherine Seligman, "Court clamps down on pot club," San Francisco Examiner, December 13, 1997, p. A1; Reuters, "Marijuana Clubs Illegal, California Court Rules," New York Times, December 14, 1997, p. A42; "Cannabis Buyers' Club Isn't Legal Under California's 'Medical Use of Marijuana' Law," Criminal Law Reporter, December 24, 1997, p. 1267) (see "Medical Marijuana Measures Pass November 5th Ballots in California and Arizona ..." NewsBriefs, December 1996).

LMAO! Look at the dates...You are a joke. :-X

ecrazy

« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2006, 05:47:33 PM »
^^The law passed in 96, since when has anything new passed, especially state laws that would over ride this?
LMAO @ u getting frustrated because your still wrong, this is funny as fuck!!!

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2006, 06:34:48 PM »
i think User is winning this one  8)

nice points, both of you guys
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2006, 11:52:27 AM »
^^The law passed in 96, since when has anything new passed, especially state laws that would over ride this?
LMAO @ u getting frustrated because your still wrong, this is funny as fuck!!!

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

You dumb mutherfucker, why do you argue facts? It is a fact that weed is illegal federaly. It is also a fact that if you obtain a Cannabis Club Card from a doctor for medical purposes, you can legally smoke weed in California...You are just too stupid to understand this, and I don't wanna waste time looking up more articles for your moronic ass, because you don't know how to read and you still wont understand it...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2006, 11:54:09 AM »

How is he winning if it's a FACT that you can get weed prescribed from a doctor LEGALLY? You're just mad cuz you got sonned in this very thread and you had no response...So now you're just riding his lame-ass arguments...When will you kids ever learn? 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2006, 11:59:21 AM »
California Physicians & Medical Marijuana

On November 5, 1996, the people of California passed Proposition 215. Through this Initiative Measure, Section 11362.5 was added to the Health & Safety Code, and is also known as the Compassionate Use Act of 1996. The purposes of the Act include, in part:

“(A) To ensure that seriously ill Californians have the right to obtain and use marijuana for medical purposes where the medical use is deemed appropriate and has been recommended by a physician who has determined that the person’s health would benefit from the use of marijuana in the treatment of cancer, anorexia, AIDS, chronic pain, spasticity, glaucoma, arthritis, migraine, or any other illness for which marijuana provides relief; and

(B) To ensure that patients and their primary caregivers who obtain and use marijuana for medical purposes upon the recommendation of a physician are not subject to criminal prosecution or sanction.”

Furthermore, Health & Safety Code section 11362.5(c) provides strong protection for physicians who choose to participate in the implementation of the Act. – “Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no physician in this state shall be punished, or denied any right or privilege, for having recommended marijuana to a patient for medical purposes.”

The Medical Board of California (MBC) and the California Medical Association (CMA) worked together to develop this statement since medical marijuana is an emerging treatment modality. The MBC wants to assure physicians who choose to recommend medical marijuana to their patients, as part of their regular practice of medicine, that they WILL NOT be subject to investigation or disciplinary action by the MBC if they arrive at the decision to make this recommendation in accordance with the accepted standards of medical responsibility. The mere receipt of a complaint that the physician is recommending medical marijuana will not generate an investigation absent additional information indicating that the physician is not adhering to accepted medical standards.

These accepted standards are the same as any reasonable and prudent physician would follow when recommending or approving any other medication, or therapeutic intervention or prescribing any drug that requires a prescription** and include the following:

History and good faith examination of the patient.
Development of a treatment plan with objectives.
Provision of informed consent including discussion of side effects.
Periodic review of the treatment’s efficacy.
Consultation, as necessary.
Proper record keeping that supports the decision to recommend the use of medical marijuana.

In other words, if physicians use the same care in recommending medical marijuana to patients as they would recommending or approving any other medication, therapeutic intervention or prescription drug treatment** they have nothing to fear from the Medical Board.

Here are some important points to consider when recommending medical marijuana:

1. Although it could trigger federal action, making a recommendation in writing to the patient will not trigger action by the Medical Board of California.

2. A patient need not have failed on all standard medications, in order for a physician to recommend or approve the use of medical marijuana.

3. The physician should determine that medical marijuana use is not masking an acute or treatable progressive condition, or that such use will lead to a worsening of the patient’s condition.

4. The Act names certain medical conditions for which medical marijuana may be useful, although physicians are not limited in their recommendations to those specific conditions. In all cases, the physician should base his/her determination on the results of clinical trials, if available, medical literature and reports, or on experience of that physician or other physicians, or on credible patient reports. In all cases, the physician must determine that the risk/benefit ratio of medical marijuana is as good, or better, than other medications that could be used for that individual patient.

5. A physician who is not the primary treating physician may still recommend medical marijuana for a patient’s symptoms. However, it is incumbent upon that physician to consult with the patient’s primary treating physician or obtain the appropriate patient records to confirm the patient’s underlying diagnosis and prior treatment history.

6. The initial examination for the condition for which medical marijuana is being recommended should be in-person.

7. Recommendations should be limited to the time necessary to appropriately monitor the patient. Periodic reviews should occur and be documented at least annually or more frequently as warranted.

8. If a physician recommends or approves the use of medical marijuana for a minor, the parents or legal guardians should be fully informed of the risks and benefits of such use and the parents consent to that use.

Physicians may wish to refer to CMA’s ON-CALL Document #1315 titled “The Compassionate Use Act of 1996”, updated annually for additional information and guidance. (http://www.cmanet.org/publicdoc.cfm/4)

Although the Compassionate Use Act allows the use of medical marijuana by a patient upon the recommendation or approval of a physician, California physicians should bear in mind that marijuana is listed in Schedule I of the federal Controlled Substance Act, which means that it has no accepted medical use under federal law. However, in Conant v. Walters (9th Cir.2002) F3d 629 the United States Court of Appeals recognized that physicians have a constitutionally-protected right to discuss with, and recommend to their patients all potentially beneficial treatments. Physicians could exceed the scope of this constitutional protection if they conspire with, or aid and abet, their patients in obtaining medical marijuana.

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE TIME...Thank you, and have a nice day. 8)

ecrazy

« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2006, 02:33:39 PM »
^^Who The Fuck Cares about the Medical Board Of California?? IT WILL STILL TRIGGER ACTION BY ANY FORM OF LAW ENFORCEMENT!!! LMAO @ You thinking your right still!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!

Your the only one Arguing against Facts, There is no "LEGAL" Anything you idiot...Fuckin Spoiled Ass Retired Druggies, never  get anything, your so fuckin stubborn, its becoming pathetic.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2006, 04:03:19 PM »
^^Who The Fuck Cares about the Medical Board Of California?? IT WILL STILL TRIGGER ACTION BY ANY FORM OF LAW ENFORCEMENT!!! LMAO @ You thinking your right still!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!

Your the only one Arguing against Facts, There is no "LEGAL" Anything you idiot...Fuckin Spoiled Ass Retired Druggies, never  get anything, your so fuckin stubborn, its becoming pathetic.

Are you really this stupid? You got sonned, just shut the fuck up and admit you don't know what you're talking about. And no, not just any law enforcement can fuck with you, they gotta be feds...LEARN HOW TO READ AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND MORE...............
>>>>>            http://sierra.uchastings.edu/cohen/marijuanaarticle.PDF

Knowledge is power!

ecrazy

« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2006, 10:30:43 PM »

Are you really this stupid? You got sonned, just shut the fuck up and admit you don't know what you're talking about. And no, not just any law enforcement can fuck with you, they gotta be feds...LEARN HOW TO READ AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND MORE...............
>>>>>            http://sierra.uchastings.edu/cohen/marijuanaarticle.PDF

Knowledge is power!
LAW ENFORCEMENT = ENFORCER OF LAW (not just state laws, not just local laws, ALL LAWS!!!)

LMAO!!!!!!! "ONLY FEDS"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

how sad little elior, how sad indeed!

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2006, 10:48:09 PM »

How is he winning if it's a FACT that you can get weed prescribed from a doctor LEGALLY? You're just mad cuz you got sonned in this very thread and you had no response...So now you're just riding his lame-ass arguments...When will you kids ever learn? 8)

dude i agreed that both of you have very good facts but even though it's Legal to have prescribed weed from a doctor for medical purposes, it doesn't really make weed 100% legal does it?  because you can still be convicted from it. 

and i'm not mad, i made this topic to hear what YOU guys had to say, i already have my opinion on this matter, therefore your response doesn't affect me one bit.  My focus isn't on whether weed should be legalized or not because they're are good facts for both sides but to legalize all illegal drugs OR do something about these Tobacco companies who make billions and billions of dollars while killing their very consumers and then targeting children to regain those consumers who in the last year or so died from Lung Cancer, Stroke, Cardiovascular Disease or etc.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 10:52:09 PM by Another Sunny Day in California »
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2006, 10:31:39 AM »

dude i agreed that both of you have very good facts but even though it's Legal to have prescribed weed from a doctor for medical purposes, it doesn't really make weed 100% legal does it?  because you can still be convicted from it. 

The thing is, he's too stupid to understand that it's legal to get it prescribed from a doctor, even after I posted all those articles and links. That's why I didn't even wanna bother doing it...See his last reply? He still thinks medical marijuana is outlawed in every state, because a.)he can't read b.)he has no sort of understaning as to how state and federal laws operate c.)he's undisputedly the dumbest guy on WCC...He obviously didn't take Government in high school, because this idiot has no idea what's going on around him regarding Californias state on medical marijuana laws...It's actually pretty sad when you start thinking about it...

ecrazy

« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2006, 01:21:13 PM »

The thing is, he's too stupid to understand that it's legal to get it prescribed from a doctor, even after I posted all those articles and links. That's why I didn't even wanna bother doing it...See his last reply? He still thinks medical marijuana is outlawed in every state, because a.)he can't read b.)he has no sort of understaning as to how state and federal laws operate c.)he's undisputedly the dumbest guy on WCC...He obviously didn't take Government in high school, because this idiot has no idea what's going on around him regarding Californias state on medical marijuana laws...It's actually pretty sad when you start thinking about it...
Dude, are you seriously ignoring everything i have posted? you just post some bullshit about how MEDICAL BOARDS will not do anything if you get prescribed Marijuana, HOW IS THAT PROVING THAT MEDICAL MARIJUANA IS LEGAL? Just Because your friends say its true does not mean its true. There is no Such thing as a "LEGAL" Cannabis Card. Your friends might have recieved it from a doctor, but it does not make it legal. Man,

why am i beginning to repeat myself? shit, nothing goes thru with you, its sad....your too stubborn, you have no argument, all you do is complain, you cannot make a valid point at all, and you think you made a point, but all you have done is thrown a insult. Im done with you. I feel like your parents, Dealing with a lost cause.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2006, 01:57:48 PM »

Dude, are you seriously ignoring everything i have posted? you just post some bullshit about how MEDICAL BOARDS will not do anything if you get prescribed Marijuana, HOW IS THAT PROVING THAT MEDICAL MARIJUANA IS LEGAL? Just Because your friends say its true does not mean its true. There is no Such thing as a "LEGAL" Cannabis Card. Your friends might have recieved it from a doctor, but it does not make it legal. Man,

why am i beginning to repeat myself? shit, nothing goes thru with you, its sad....your too stubborn, you have no argument, all you do is complain, you cannot make a valid point at all, and you think you made a point, but all you have done is thrown a insult. Im done with you. I feel like your parents, Dealing with a lost cause.

^^LMFAO@This moron playing himself. Arguing over something that is a fact. Pathetic. Ask your pops to read the articles for you, they do explain that Medical Marijuana IS in fact legal according to California law and that they can't get you in trouble unless they take you to federal court, which is a waste of time for them when they're dealing with a bullshit WEED charge. Oh, wait a minute... I am your pops.  Son.  ...You would be brainwashed, only you don't have a brain. You're simply an idiot... :-*

ecrazy

« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2006, 03:44:29 PM »

^^LMFAO@This moron playing himself. Arguing over something that is a fact. Pathetic. Ask your pops to read the articles for you, they do explain that Medical Marijuana IS in fact legal according to California law and that they can't get you in trouble unless they take you to federal court, which is a waste of time for them when they're dealing with a bullshit WEED charge. Oh, wait a minute... I am your pops.  Son.  ...You would be brainwashed, only you don't have a brain. You're simply an idiot... :-*
So wait, according to your logic, since they would not "Waste their time dealing with a bullshit weed charge" (which is a stupid thing to think anyway, but hey, its you) then that makes it legal?? LMAO!!! Dude, This thing has gone in circles, Face Facts...You've been sonned again, Let me add this one to the list!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2006, 03:48:03 PM »

So wait, according to your logic, since they would not "Waste their time dealing with a bullshit weed charge" (which is a stupid thing to think anyway, but hey, its you) then that makes it legal?? LMAO!!! Dude, This thing has gone in circles, Face Facts...You've been sonned again, Let me add this one to the list!

IT IS LEGAL ACCORDING TO CALIFORNIA LAW, MORON!! FEDERAL LAW OVERRIDES CALIFORNIA LAW, BUT THEY'D HAVE TO TAKE IT TO A FEDERAL COURT TO MAKE IT A CASE. USUALLY MEDICAL MARIJUANA USERS DONT GET TAKEN TO FEDERAL COURT BECAUSE IT'S A LONG/COSTLY PROCESS...WHAT DONT YOU GET?!!?!?! YOU ARE A MORON. THIS IS SHIT THEY TEACH IN HIGH SCHOOL... :-X