Author Topic: So is "Jamaican Girl" Obie Trice's new single ??  (Read 534 times)

Jome

So is "Jamaican Girl" Obie Trice's new single ??
« on: July 13, 2006, 07:06:16 PM »
Did they make Jamaican Girl the new single, since MTV refused to play "Snitch" ???

Also, did anybody notice that they use a male background singer who actually sounds like 50 Cent in the 3rd chorus (at 1:38-1:57), but not in the 1st, 2nd or 4th chorus ??

Kinda weird hearing a male singer singing "I just want you in my arms Obie" and "We can get it oooonn, Obie".  ??? :-\ :-X

PLANT

Re: So is "Jamaican Girl" Obie Trice's new single ??
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 07:16:27 PM »

Kinda weird hearing a male singer singing "I just want you in my arms Obie" and "We can get it oooonn, Obie".  ??? :-\ :-X

LOL, Uh, WTF  :eh:

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 07:56:09 PM »
For an album supposebly coming out in July, they picked a bad single, eminem production on this track sucks.

kingwell

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 10:29:39 PM »
I THOUGHT THAT WAS OBIE SINGING?!?!?

soopa-man

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 11:11:16 PM »
well MTV JAMS plays the "(SNITCH) Mind Of A Mobster" or whatever its called, they just didnt want the name of the song to be Snitch, that was it i believe, song sounds too similar to that Young Jeezy joint with Akon...thats prob why it aint blowin...cool track...in the new XXL it says AKON produced it was tagged that EMinem did guess he didnt

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 02:33:18 AM »
I hope not. I liked Jamaican Girl when I first downloaded that radio rip, then waited for the cdq which came out yesterday. Well, I bumped it about 5 times in a row and I already got kinda sick of it. I'm afraid that if I listen more to this song, it will disgust me.

well MTV JAMS plays the "(SNITCH) Mind Of A Mobster" or whatever its called, they just didnt want the name of the song to be Snitch, that was it i believe, song sounds too similar to that Young Jeezy joint with Akon...thats prob why it aint blowin...cool track...in the new XXL it says AKON produced it was tagged that EMinem did guess he didnt

You hear that Konvict tag in the begnning of the song, which means it's Akon on the boards :)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 03:23:12 AM »
Did they make Jamaican Girl the new single, since MTV refused to play "Snitch" ???

Also, did anybody notice that they use a male background singer who actually sounds like 50 Cent in the 3rd chorus (at 1:38-1:57), but not in the 1st, 2nd or 4th chorus ??

Cry Now is his 2nd single.

And that male voice is Obie himself.

Jome

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 04:54:18 AM »

Doesn't sound like it, he's kicking in at 1:57 with "Realest nigga on the song, it's Ooobie".
Unless Obie took some serious singing lessons since last album.  :laugh:

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 06:16:39 AM »
u feeling the jam jome? i know u a big fan of em productions, what u think of this? i actually think ya boy is gettins better, his still nowhere near a dope producer, but he seems to be working on it atleast

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 07:33:21 AM »
someone got a hookup for it?????

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

Jome

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 08:04:13 AM »
u feeling the jam jome? i know u a big fan of em productions, what u think of this? i actually think ya boy is gettins better, his still nowhere near a dope producer, but he seems to be working on it atleast

The beat is so-so and Obie is aight on it, but the chorus is kinda catchy.. dunno, it might catch on.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 08:24:31 AM »
Good tune but ill soon get bored of it, don't like eminem beats, find they all sound the same and usually have an annoyin sample or singin'. And it's him repeated what shes singin' during that chorus between 1:40 - 2:00. Lookin forward to his album!

kingwell

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 09:25:25 PM »

Doesn't sound like it, he's kicking in at 1:57 with "Realest nigga on the song, it's Ooobie".
Unless Obie took some serious singing lessons since last album.  :laugh:

I told you, and its background, so think about it.  They can make his voice sound do much more than it really is.

Jome

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2006, 10:10:54 PM »
^^ Still doesn't sound like him. When's the last time you heard Obie singing a chorus ??  :laugh:
Don't be a bumbaclot now.  ;)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2006, 02:50:36 AM »
Jome, this IS Obie. Now shut the fuck up.