Author Topic: U.S Marine Corps' First Islamic Prayer Center Dedicated : OORAH !  (Read 192 times)

Lieutenant Abdul-Shakur

• 'G'
http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Jun2006/20060607_5358.html

------------------------------
Marine Corps' First Islamic Prayer Center Dedicated
By Samantha L. Quigley
American Forces Press Service

MARINE CORPS BASE QUANTICO, Va., June 7, 2006 – Calling freedom of religion a principal right in "a nation of people from all races and creeds who believe in liberty and freedom," Deputy Defense Secretary Gordon England helped the Marine Corps dedicated its first Islamic prayer center here yesterday.

England offered his congratulations to the Corps and the leadership of Quantico and the chaplain corps for seeing the need for the center, and working to establish it.

The Navy has two Islamic facilities; however, neither is a dedicated facility similar to the one at Quantico, a Defense Department official said. The Air Force has similar centers at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio and Ramstein Air Base, Germany, according to Air Force public affairs officials. Army information was not available.

Quantico is considered the crossroads of the Marine Corps. The prayer center will help educate many about the Islamic faith while it serves the Islamic community here, England said. Quantico is host to a mixture of U.S. and foreign servicemembers, as well as civilians, Gen. Michael Hagee, commandant of the Marine Corps, said.

"This Islamic prayer center, the first of its kind in the Marine Corps, is really an extension or our ethos, (the) ethos that we take care of one another," Hagee said. "It is going to provide our Muslim Marines and their families, Muslim Department of Defense civilians and Muslim international military personnel serving with us a proper place for religious services."

Spiritual devotion is an important component of the profession of arms, as well as important element in quality of life, Hagee said. He added that events like the dedication of the prayer center strengthen the ties that bind.

"I believe that we all share some very important basic values; the respect for human life, the respect for truth and the respect for personal property," he said.

Rear Adm. Louis Iasiello, chief of Navy chaplains, lent his support to the establishment of the center with a story of Marines and local Iraqi leaders who had gathered in a train terminal south of Baghdad. A Navy chaplain offered a prayer that, "Betrayed neither himself, nor his country, nor his God," Iasiello said. In fact, the prayer served as an icon of religious respect that united the two groups.

"Today ... religious respect takes the form of a center, an Islamic center established to afford those of the Muslim faith the opportunity to pray and worship God in a manner that honors and respects their religious heritage," he said.

Twenty-four of the 426 Muslim Marines currently serving are stationed at Quantico. This center is a welcome haven for them, Lance Cpl. Mehreena Ahmad said.

"There haven't been a lot of centers to pray at, but this one's solely dedicated to us," she said. "So, we're just happy that we have a place."

Staff Sgt. Madyun Shahid echoed her sentiment. "The Marine Corps is recognizing diversity in the Marine Corps, and I'm just happy to have a place ... to go worship."

The prayer center, which was established in an existing structure on the base, is only temporary until an extension to the existing Marine Memorial Chapel is complete. Ground-breaking for the extension is scheduled for fall, and completion is expected in 2008.

Before touring the center with Hagee and Navy Lt. Saiful Islam, Headquarters and Service Battalion chaplain, England acknowledged the long history of Muslim servicemembers defending the United States.

"Their service continues a long and noble tradition," England said. "Muslim-Americans served in the ships of our Navy and in the U.S. Army in World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Somalia, Grenada, Panama and the 1991 Gulf War."

Some of those veterans of past conflicts were present for the dedication. England acknowledged Army Sgt. Nazeem Abdul Hakeem who fought on the beaches of Normandy in World War II, Air Force Sgt. Gath Noor Kas-Heef, who served during the Korean War, and Army Maj. Christopher Bell who served at Cam Ron Bay in Vietnam.

Also present was Army Sgt. 1st Class Mujaheed Muhammed, who was a Korean War prisoner of war. Captured by Communist forces while assigned to the 15th Infantry's reconnaissance patrol, he was held from 1952 through 1954.

"Your example of service continues today with the thousands of Muslim Americans in uniform," England said, recognizing the more than 4,000 Muslims who serve. "These men and women represent the best of our nation."

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
Re: U.S Marine Corps' First Islamic Prayer Center Dedicated : OORAH !
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 05:18:52 AM »
The IDF is providing religious services for the Muslims serving in it for some time now.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Lieutenant Abdul-Shakur

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 06:02:25 AM »
The IDF is providing religious services for the Muslims serving in it for some time now.

!I TO DA GEEZY EXPOSED!
STFU Liar. I will take this opportunity to expose your FAKE LYIN ASS.

THE IDF DOES NOT PROVIDES RELIGIOUS SERVICES TO MUSLIMS.

PROOF :

Jewish soldiers’ religious needs are fulfilled by IDF chaplains. The IDF Rabbinate’s Office is the religious services provider in the IDF—overseeing all IDF soldiers. This being the case, the religious needs of several thousand Druze, Bedouin, Arab, and Christian soldiers in the IDF are wholly ignored. These soldiers must leave the ‘four walls’ of the IDF to receive religious services.

As Adam Shinar, IRAC Attorney explains, “When a Druze, Muslim or Christian soldier expresses a need for religious services, the IDF either attempts to handle the situation ‘in-house’ or they refer the soldier to a civilian authority. Effectively, the IDF is discriminating against non-Jewish soldiers.”

Efforts have been made in the past to integrate Muslim, Druze, and Christian religious service providers into the IDF. Shinar elaborates, “A few years ago, there was a legislative push across the political spectrum in the Knesset that attempted to establish a chaplaincy program for Druze, Muslim and Christian soldiers. However, the Knesset was unsuccessful in soliciting support from the Minister of Defense—he rejected the proposal outright. Hence, it failed to pass the Knesset vote.”

http://rac.org/advocacy/irac/enewsletters/june_2006_monthly/tzahal_chaplains/

--------------

I will never ever beleive the words out of this filthy hoe every again. your hoe card has been pulled fagget.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 07:05:20 AM »
http://www1.idf.il/DOVER/site/mainpage.asp?clr=1&sl=EN&id=7&docid=37163

http://www1.idf.il/DOVER/site/mainpage.asp?clr=1&sl=EN&id=7&docid=46621

I served in the IDF. I witnessed with my very eyes the daily prayers. Fact remains religious services are provided. You started a topic about a Muslim prayer center in the U.S Marine Corps. I simply stated that such a thing exists already in the IDF for some time.

Now get down on your knees and give daddy a nice lick! Biaaaaatch!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 07:17:47 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »

Lieutenant Abdul-Shakur

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 07:57:18 AM »
http://www1.idf.il/DOVER/site/mainpage.asp?clr=1&sl=EN&id=7&docid=37163

I served in the IDF. I witnessed with my very eyes the daily prayers. Fact remains religious services are provided. You started a topic about a Muslim prayer center in the U.S Marine Corps. I simply stated that such a thing exists already in the IDF for some time.

Now get down on your knees and give daddy a nice lick! Biaaaaatch!

you filth shit, those links do not say that there is a pray room or anything dedicated to Muslims. ya'll got teenage mutant ninja turtles in isreal ? lol...kaz thats how ya actin...dumb and pathetic

thats the gayest shit u cud say to a man.....i guess in Isreal its ok for a man to give another man a NICE LICK.

YOUR HOE CARD IS PULLED. YOUR A FILTHY LIAR

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 08:25:10 AM »
LoL@ This clown. Can't handle your initial statement being refuted? LMAO

"The IDF does not provide religious services"?

Capable of reading?

"In the IDF, the fast [Ramadan] is publicized through fliers sent out in a timely manner regarding religious instructions for the fast. The flier guides the officers of fasting soldiers to do work which won't impede their religious observance. Thus breakfast is made available to fasting soldiers before the fast begins each morning and dinner after sunset each evening.

The fast month of Ramadan, which this year starts on the third of October and lasts 30 days, is nearing its end. In the IDF the holiday will be marked by all Muslim and Circassian soldiers, mainly the Druze patrol battalion of the Southern Command. Two weeks after the end of the fast, the IDF will celebrate Id Al-Fitr with a large and festive meal"

Of course, "nothing dedicated to Muslims", Most likely then that Id Al-fitr is celebrated by the Jews.....LOL
Or maybe the exclusive Ramadan meals are meant for Jews??!  ;D You're a clown.

P.S You're a bit hasty in assuming I view you as "a man", bitch.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 08:46:04 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 01:03:57 PM »

Thats great, commit genocide against muslim populations, but let them pray to Allah to destroy u  8)
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 01:47:09 PM »
Well, if that helps you guys the IDF is happy to be of service. :nahnah2: