Author Topic: Should Nate Dogg even drop another album???????  (Read 767 times)

Ct

• 'G'
Re: Should Nate Dogg even drop another album???????
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 01:50:56 PM »
nate and warren should do an album together. they already admited that they want to.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 01:52:25 PM »
Hah, Nate Dogg shouldn't drop another album. He should just stick to guest appearances and such.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 01:54:53 PM »
G-Funk Classics Vol. 1 & 2 are great albums. If he sticks to that formula, I'm all for another Nate Dogg album.

His other albums were blah.
gotta disagree MUSIC AND ME Was banging!
But i dont think he should drop another album, not because he cant, but because Nate is getting played out IMO, his last great hook IMO was "Have a party"

The Best of 3 Worlds

J Bananas

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 01:57:08 PM »
he's got what i call the curse of jadakiss, where your appearence can turn a single into a fuckin classic, but just cant carry that over into your own productions

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2006, 03:17:47 PM »
i don´t wanna hear an entire album from a guy who can only hit a couple of notes.

LMAO...You've never heard Nate Dogg. I promise...No one hits the highs and lows as smoothly as Nate...

Nate Dogg needs to drop an album, but no one lets him do his thing...I bet labels tell him he needs a bunch of guest artists to suceed, but if anyones heard his early solo work, he not only was able to carry an album, but a double album as well...I love his work, with "Music & Me" he tried a little too hard to sound mainstream (sorta like Kurupt with "Space Boogie"), but it was still overall a cool album...I honestly think the only way for Nate Dogg to release musice that is 100% tight is to go independent and not release albums under a record labels standards...That way he can provide us with more dope music, just like on "G-Funk Classics Vol. 1 & 2"...PeACe
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 03:20:45 PM by Now_I_Know »

Diabolical

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2006, 03:47:05 PM »

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 03:48:52 PM »
Should Nate Dogg even drop another album???????

YES  8)

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 04:03:07 PM »
YES!!!

Nate does do classic hooks, but wen it comes 2 his albums ppl always expect his albums 2 b like he is wen he does guest appearrances, but hes not so they sleep on em. Nates albums hav bin cool, but u gotta listen 4 Nate the solo artist not Nate the hook singer.
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 04:21:45 PM »
Nate can't hold anybody's attention doing a full album by himself, all the guest apperances features on his albums is proof..He should sticc to just doing hooks for another people..cuz no one else is touching dude when he's banging out hooks and bridges...

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 04:25:42 PM »
Why the fuck not?

Some of y'all surprise me. You tellin me Nate shouldn't/can't make a successful album? Look at half these muthafuckas makin' R&B tracks laced with hip-hop that are successful. These dudes don't have half the talent Nate has. Can't hit notes? I mean are some of you serious?

NIK said it best: they don't let Nate be Nate. Nate needs to get on a label that respects what he does and his legacy, and are willing to back him financially and promotion-wise. Once a label realizes this, they're sitting on a goldmine.

LMAO @ people saying no. Go play your weak ass T-Pain record and let the real West Coast hip-hop heads enjoy our Nate D-O-Double-G.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 04:35:32 PM »
LOL at some of you saying no because he can't hold an album on his own yet you bitch and moan about when Detox is gonna come out. Most rappers nowadays can't even hold albums on their own, half the tracks have guest feat.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2006, 04:37:39 PM »
i don´t wanna hear an entire album from a guy who can only hit a couple of notes.

LMAO...You've never heard Nate Dogg. I promise...No one hits the highs and lows as smoothly as Nate...

Nate Dogg needs to drop an album, but no one lets him do his thing...I bet labels tell him he needs a bunch of guest artists to suceed, but if anyones heard his early solo work, he not only was able to carry an album, but a double album as well...I love his work, with "Music & Me" he tried a little too hard to sound mainstream (sorta like Kurupt with "Space Boogie"), but it was still overall a cool album...I honestly think the only way for Nate Dogg to release musice that is 100% tight is to go independent and not release albums under a record labels standards...That way he can provide us with more dope music, just like on "G-Funk Classics Vol. 1 & 2"...PeACe

I agree, G-Funk Classics Vol. 1 and 2 are... classics!

The Great Elephant

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2006, 04:42:48 PM »
would much rather see him in a group album, whether its 213 or something new.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2006, 04:44:29 PM »
would much rather see him in a group album,

Nate Dogg, Butch Cassidy, and Bo-Roc would be some ill shit...

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2006, 04:54:00 PM »

I agree, G-Funk Classics Vol. 1 and 2 are... classics!
& Music & Me...but I didn't like the new album as much...it was missing that smooth touch that the other two had... 8)