Author Topic: Timbaland is BY FAR the best there is right now............  (Read 1310 times)

BigBDrugStores

Re: Timbaland is BY FAR the best there is right now............
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 05:05:13 PM »
nah fuck quik. mannie fresh is miles ahead of that loser

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 05:05:23 PM »
lol @ mannie fresh being better than tim... & lol @ tim being the best...

Here's how my list would look

Primo
Dre
9th Wonder
Pete Rock
Timbaland

and while he is definitely not the best or even close to that list...i would say swizz beats really impressed me on the new york shit beat...i hope he comes with more good shit like that

Its all opinions but then again any list w/out Quik loses all credibility.

actually i forgot about quik so good point...put quick on mine right under pete rock

What has Pete Rock produced? Im curios if I have heard alot from him, I dont think so

Matty

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 05:06:16 PM »
"And i hate to say it, but Dre is NOWHERE near Timbaland at this point in time.  His production was DOPE on Game's last cd, the Outta COntrol rmx was tight, but his beats on Busta's new album were merely slightly above average.  However, Dre is still my favourite and i truly hope he puts more into his production and puts out more music in the near future.

Timbaland and Dre both have signature sounds, but Dre's is getting played out whereas Timbaland is only getting better.  Of course, i wouldn't be shocked if Dre reinvents his sound and changes the game IF Detox drops"

definitely true

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 05:06:48 PM »

Come on man, you know your shit and your a cool dude but the only time I have to disagree w/ you is when you speak on e-40 or Quik.  Dude Quik is as talented as any artist in rap ever, dude does everything.

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2006, 05:10:21 PM »

Primo
Dre
9th Wonder
Pete Rock
Timbaland

and while he is definitely not the best or even close to that list...i would say swizz beats really impressed me on the new york shit beat...i hope he comes with more good shit like that

actually i forgot about quik so good point...put quick on mine right under pete rock

What has Pete Rock produced? Im curios if I have heard alot from him, I dont think so

he's produced a lot...a couple songs for AZ...almost everything from the Pete Rock & CL Smooth days...he did the production on both his soul survivor albums, he's done production for nas, rakim, slick rick, run dmc, jazzy jeff & the fresh prince, blackstar, etc...

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2006, 05:11:19 PM »

Primo
Dre
9th Wonder
Pete Rock
Timbaland

he's produced a lot...a couple songs for AZ...almost everything from the Pete Rock & CL Smooth days...he did the production on both his soul survivor albums, he's done production for nas, rakim, slick rick, run dmc, jazzy jeff & the fresh prince, blackstar, etc...

What are some of his best beats? I would love to hear them.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2006, 05:11:45 PM »
Timbo is shitting on everybody at the moment, including Dre. Like Matty said Dre will probably create another bomb if Detox drops.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2006, 05:12:44 PM »
Timbo is shitting on everybody at the moment, including Dre. Like Matty said Dre will probably create another bomb if Detox drops.

Imo comparing Timba to Quik is like comparing Vince Carter to Michael Jordan seriousley.  Quik is lightyears ahead of anybody

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2006, 05:16:25 PM »
Nah Quik had some sloppy shit lately, the beats on Trauma were very similliar to Under The Influence production.

Timbo on the other hand is creating a new sound every single month (at least it looks like it  :D)

Don Breezio

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2006, 05:17:01 PM »

Primo
Dre
9th Wonder
Pete Rock
Timbaland

my favorite one was always T.R.O.Y. (pete rock and cl smooth)...that beat is classic....

AZ - Rather Unique
Busta Rhymes - Shut Em Down 2002
Nas - The World Is Yours
Gangstarr - The Militia (Pete Rock Remix)

Those are my favs off the top of my head

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2006, 05:17:08 PM »

Come on man, you know your shit and your a cool dude but the only time I have to disagree w/ you is when you speak on e-40 or Quik.  Dude Quik is as talented as any artist in rap ever, dude does everything.
while i havent heard much quik, the songs that i have heard all sound the same. and if every song ive heard, with exception of justify my thug wich wasnt that hot, sounds the same he mus t not be that good of a producer. while 40 on the other hand is complete and utter garbage. i have listened to a bunch of his cds and was not impressed atall. 40 needs to retire. quik needs to sound different

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2006, 05:18:55 PM »
Nah Quik had some sloppy shit lately, the beats on Trauma were very similliar to Under The Influence production.

Timbo on the other hand is creating a new sound every single month (at least it looks like it  :D)

I disgagree, "Fandango"   "Ladies And Thugs"   "California"  all had excellent production, Trauma was wayyyy better than people gvie it credit.

Jome

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2006, 05:19:59 PM »
Yep, Timbaland is the man of the moment, he'll probably end up with producer of the year, LoL @ Quik being better than Timbaland.  :laugh:

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2006, 05:20:28 PM »

Primo
Dre
9th Wonder
Pete Rock
Timbaland

my favorite one was always T.R.O.Y. (pete rock and cl smooth)...that beat is classic....

AZ - Rather Unique
Busta Rhymes - Shut Em Down 2002
Nas - The World Is Yours
Gangstarr - The Militia (Pete Rock Remix)

Those are my favs off the top of my head

Propz! I"ll check them out  

teecee

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2006, 05:22:11 PM »

Imo comparing Timba to Quik is like comparing Vince Carter to Michael Jordan seriousley.  Quik is lightyears ahead of anybody

Yo man, QUik is DOPE, definitely one of the best ever.  But he is nowhere as good as he was back in the day.  The thread is talking about the best right now, and for that Quik isn't even really part of the discussion.  I hope he comes back with some hot shit though