Author Topic: LAKERS SIGN DEVIN GREEN + THE FINAL 2006-2007 LOS ANGELES LAKER ROSTER!!!  (Read 654 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Lakers Sign Devin Green

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Sept. 25 -- The Los Angeles Lakers have signed free agent guard Devin Green, it was announced today. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.
Green, who played limited minutes in 27 games as a rookie with the Lakers last season, was originally signed as a free agent by Los Angeles in September of last year.

The 6-7 guard out of Hampton University most recently played for the Lakers 2006 Summer-Pro League team where he averaged 14.4 points per game while also handing out 2.0 assists.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devin Green Signed.

By Eric Pincus
for HOOPSWORLD.com
Sep 25, 2006, 21:23 

The Los Angeles Lakers have signed restricted free agent Devin Green to a contract.  Terms have not been released, though it's unlikely that he was given a guaranteed deal.  Green is a versatile guard/forward who impressed last July at the Summer Pro League in Long Beach.

With training camp opening up next week, the Lakers have 18 players under contract.  Though the deals of Smush Parker and Ronny Turiaf are not fully guaranteed, both are expected to make the regular season roster.  Considering the league-wide limit of 15, the Lakers will need to reduce the roster by three before opening night.

The most likely casualties are J.R. Pinnock, Von Wafer and Green.

Of the players with guaranteed contracts, only Aaron McKie appears to be a viable buy-out option.  At this point there is no reason to suggest the Lakers are considering such a move.

Another option would include trading a player to a team with cap room or a trade exception.  The Lakers could also find a trade, sending out multiple players for one . . . though there has been no recent sign that LA is aggressively working the trade market.

If cut, perhaps Green, Pinnock and/or Wafer would stay in the Laker family by signing with the Lakers' own NBDL team.  The Los Angeles D-Fenders are in fact the first NBDL entry to be fully owned by a single NBA franchise.  The pay may not be close to the NBA scale, but the training and conditioning will be supervised closely by the Lakers. 

Should a roster spot open at a future date, the opportunity may present itself for players like Green to join the Lakers midseason.

Though a stellar training camp could cause the Lakers to scramble to generate a spot for Green before opening night; in all likelihood it'll be an uphill battle for him to make the regular season squad.

I honestly believe Green will make the final roster after the Lakers either trade or buy out the contract of Aaron Mckie...JR Pinnock can use a year overseas or on the LA D-Fenders squad...same with Von Wafer...Green looks to be the most polished player of the three, so in my opinion, he will probably take that lost roster spot...He's a very good defender and has improved his offense in the off-season, I believe he can be a solid role-player in the triangle, especially with his fundamental style of play. Lakers are ready to tear shit up, I can feel the hunger, we're gunna open the season on a very high note. I predict 50+ wins, no less...And finally, for your probable 2006-2007 Laker roster:

PG Smush Parker...Jordan Farmar/Shammond Williams
SG Kobe Bryant...Sasha Vujacic/Maurice Evans
SF Vladimir Radmanovic...Luke Walton/Devin Green
PF Lamar Odom...Brian Cook/Ronny Turiaf
C Kwame Brown...Chris Mihm/Andrew Bynum

Coach: Phil Jackson

« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 10:25:56 AM by Now_I_Know »

wcsoldier

Re: LAKERS SIGN DEVIN GREEN + THE FINAL 2006-2007 LOS ANGELES LAKER ROSTER!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 10:48:42 AM »
I hope we can have (at least) the 4th spot on lock... can't wait

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 10:54:20 AM »
I hope we can have (at least) the 4th spot on lock... can't wait

Anything below a 5th seed will be a disappointment to me....

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 01:48:18 PM »
I think Farmar is going to be so good. hes gonna develop into one great 6th man. he could be the starter by midway thru the year...maybe not tho..what you think NIK?
Im a huge UCLA fan and Love Farmar, altho im not a Lakers Fan i will be rooting for JORDAN ALL YEAR!

The Best of 3 Worlds

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 01:49:54 PM »
looks like Luke Walton is going to have his breakout season

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 01:54:55 PM »
I think Farmar is going to be so good. hes gonna develop into one great 6th man. he could be the starter by midway thru the year...maybe not tho..what you think NIK?
Im a huge UCLA fan and Love Farmar, altho im not a Lakers Fan i will be rooting for JORDAN ALL YEAR!

Well, you should already know my opinion on Farmar...He was a personal homie of mine and played on my high school team. Seeing the type of player that he is first hand got me believing that he would be a star in the NBA, nothing less...I made threads about him 3 years ago when he was still on my team, letting everyone know what's to come from him. 3 years later, my team drafted him on my birthday...I'm very excited about seeing his progression in a Laker uniform. I also believe he can be a big part of the rotation, and maybe even a starter by the end of the season if lucky...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 01:57:56 PM »

Farmar is really going to be the back up PG? That's excellent. Rather surprising to, considering Jackson's philosophy on playing rookies. The guys going to develop real nicely, even in his first season if he gets the minutes.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 01:59:27 PM »

Well, you should already know my opinion on Farmar...He was a personal homie of mine and played on my high school team. Seeing the type of player that he is first hand got me believing that he would be a star in the NBA, nothing less...I made threads about him 3 years ago when he was still on my team, letting everyone know what's to come from him. 3 years later, my team drafted him on my birthday...I'm very excited about seeing his progression in a Laker uniform. I also believe he can be a big part of the rotation, and maybe even a starter by the end of the season if lucky...PeACe

Damn i really didnt know that..thats really exciting dude..Ive got a freind thats a backup QB for Northwestern and i thought he was gonna be the starter this year but he got beat out by a freshman  >:( but damn having a freind in the NBA thats something, especially as tight as Farmar. hes such a leader and hes a WINNER. you a UCLA fan too?

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 02:00:38 PM »
Playing with Farmar had to make it so much easier for everyone else on youre team, he probably caused so much attention...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 02:03:28 PM »

Farmar is really going to be the back up PG? That's excellent. Rather surprising to, considering Jackson's philosophy on playing rookies. The guys going to develop real nicely, even in his first season if he gets the minutes.

That's my assumption...Farmar may or may not get more minutes than Shammond Williams, hopefully the former.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 02:08:10 PM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 02:04:45 PM »

Damn i really didnt know that..thats really exciting dude..Ive got a freind thats a backup QB for Northwestern and i thought he was gonna be the starter this year but he got beat out by a freshman  >:( but damn having a freind in the NBA thats something, especially as tight as Farmar. hes such a leader and hes a WINNER. you a UCLA fan too?

Not a huge NCAA fan, but UCLA is my college team, and I followed them closer when Farmar joined 'em...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 02:05:27 PM »
Playing with Farmar had to make it so much easier for everyone else on youre team, he probably caused so much attention...

Yea, we were city champs of Los Angeles... 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 02:06:00 PM »

That's my assumption...Farmar may or may not get more minutes than Shammond Williams, hopefully the latter.
You mean former. ;)

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 02:06:17 PM »

Not a huge NCAA fan, but UCLA is my college team, and I followed them closer when Farmar joined 'em...PeACe

Nick Collison is gonna be good as the starting PG this year and they got the number 1 recruit big man in the nation, but losing Farmar could hurt in close games, and his leadership lost sucks too. Nice to have Josh Shipp back tho.

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 02:06:54 PM »

Yea, we were city champs of Los Angeles... 8)
wow! thats gotta be a tough road!

The Best of 3 Worlds