Author Topic: So my 360 went kaput...  (Read 301 times)

jeromechickenbone

So my 360 went kaput...
« on: September 19, 2006, 08:11:18 PM »
Went to boot up the other day, and it loaded for about 10 seconds, then completely froze up and made white noise.  Every time after it would load for literally about a second and then freeze.  Then finally today I tried it, and the green indicator light on the front turned into a solid red which is a simple diagnostic telling you your shit's fucked.

However, I still had my receipt and Wal-Mart exchanged that bitch no questions asked.  The shitty part is that I lost all of my saved games / music / pics that I had saved on my hard drive.  But I guess I did get a new controller, and an extra ethernet cord. 

So the moral is, if you're gonna buy a system - buy that bitch from Wal-Mart.  I didn't purchase any warranty and they took it right back.  Best Buy was charging something like $50.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 09:18:37 PM by Jrome Tha Visualiza »

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: So my 360 went kaput...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 08:37:40 PM »
damn that sucks man,atleast u got a new system though

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 09:20:45 PM »

Yeah no doubt.  I'm not really trippin.  I know the initial shipments of the 360 had some bugs, so I figure this new one should be good to go. 

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 10:08:15 PM »

Yeah no doubt.  I'm not really trippin.  I know the initial shipments of the 360 had some bugs, so I figure this new one should be good to go. 

yea fo sho,u got xbox live or plan on getting it?

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

SoCal Iz Active

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 10:28:15 PM »
i had some bullshit happen to my 360 after I downloaded the dead rising demo. microsoft wants me to pay 140 to get it fixed and i told the asian bitch to go stick her headset up her ass and hung up. so now i'm gettin some nerd out in austin texas to fix the motherboard and mod the dvd drive so i can play burned games. fuck em

The Watcher

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 12:08:22 AM »
i know atleast in Australia, that the place you bought it from will exchange your 360 100% of the time if you've got your reciept, we musta got a bad batch or something
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 08:22:32 PM »

ah man I've had XBL for years.  I spent all my time last night downloading all the map packs for Halo 2 last night.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 10:09:19 PM »

ah man I've had XBL for years.  I spent all my time last night downloading all the map packs for Halo 2 last night.

whats ur gamertag niggaaa?!?!??!

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 12:49:37 AM »
I sold my 360 for 200 beans

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 05:23:39 PM »
Mines fucked up too, all red lights instead of green... circle of death they call that right... funny thing is I only use my 360 for connecting my MP3 player, last week I turned on my 360 and IMMEDIATELY plugged in my MP3 player and that's when things went wrong...  :(

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 07:55:08 PM »
Mines fucked up too, all red lights instead of green... circle of death they call that right... funny thing is I only use my 360 for connecting my MP3 player, last week I turned on my 360 and IMMEDIATELY plugged in my MP3 player and that's when things went wrong...  :(

is it still under warranty at the place u bought it from?
if not im microsoft is repairing systems for free right now
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/734/734126p1.html

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 01:50:34 AM »

is it still under warranty at the place u bought it from?
if not im microsoft is repairing systems for free right now
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/734/734126p1.html

It's still under warranty... only thing I have to do now is get off my lazy ass and bring it there... :)

~Loyalty Is Everything~