Author Topic: Can you imagine SoCal if it's the Padres vs Dodgers to go to the World Series  (Read 382 times)

MacGyver

People are gonna die.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 11:52:33 AM by MacGyver »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Can you imagine SoCal if it's the Padres vs Dodgers for the World Series
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 11:45:16 AM »
:sign_wrongforum:
That's impossible they are in the same division.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 11:49:36 AM »
The best matchup for ratings would be a Dodgers vs Yankees World Series

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 11:51:27 AM »

This upsets you.

They're in same division, thanks for info Einstein.  If the Dodger beats the Mets and Padres beat the Cardinals who else can they play  :laugh:
Same division teams can't play each other in the Division Series Playoff.

That would be the NLCS

MacGyver

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 11:52:14 AM »

This upsets you.

They're in same division, thanks for info Einstein.  If the Dodger beats the Mets and Padres beat the Cardinals who else can they play  :laugh:
Same division teams can't play each other in the Division Series Playoff.

That would be the NLCS

I didn't say in the World Series I said for the World Series.

The wording was confusing.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 11:54:33 AM by MacGyver »

WC Iz Active

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 11:53:55 AM »

nah the best ratings would be Yankees vs Mets but I hope that doesnt happen.  And whoever said this couldnt happen cause both teams are in the same division has no idea what they are talking about, the fact they are in the same division is the reason why they do have a chance to play each other in the National League championship for a shot at the World Series.  If the Pads win their series and the Dodgers win their series then this would obviousley happen, not hard to figure out.

MacGyver

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 11:56:09 AM »

nah the best ratings would be Yankees vs Mets but I hope that doesnt happen.  And whoever said this couldnt happen cause both teams are in the same division has no idea what they are talking about, the fact they are in the same division is the reason why they do have a chance to play each other in the National League championship for a shot at the World Series.  If the Pads win their series and the Dodgers win their series then this would obviousley happen, not hard to figure out.

I edited the title I confused the fag.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 12:02:02 PM »

nah the best ratings would be Yankees vs Mets but I hope that doesnt happen.  And whoever said this couldnt happen cause both teams are in the same division has no idea what they are talking about, the fact they are in the same division is the reason why they do have a chance to play each other in the National League championship for a shot at the World Series.  If the Pads win their series and the Dodgers win their series then this would obviousley happen, not hard to figure out.

I edited the title I confused the fag.
You originaly said "for the World Series". Which would have one beilive that you ment to win it.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
There was already a Yankees vs Mets series, and the ratings weren't all that good.  Easily, a Dodgers vs Yankees series would have the better ratings. 

WC Iz Active

There was already a Yankees vs Mets series, and the ratings weren't all that good.  Easily, a Dodgers vs Yankees series would have the better ratings. 

Mets played the Yanks in 2000 when ratings were down in general, this year ratings have been up around the league, its your opinion, cause I disagree with La-NYY being the best for ratings.

E. J. Rizo

Mets played the Yanks in 2000 when ratings were down in general, this year ratings have been up around the league, its your opinion, cause I disagree with La-NYY being the best for ratings.
i beleive it .... 2 of the biggest markets in the world series surely cant be bad for ratings... instead of just the one big market

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!

It's not just an opinion though lol.  Like EJ Rizo said, it's the NY Market plus the L.A market.  Not only that but all the Giants, Angels, and Padres fans that HATE the Dodgers will be tuning in as well.  The Mets don't really have these sort of rivals. 

WC Iz Active

It's not just an opinion though lol.  Like EJ Rizo said, it's the NY Market plus the L.A market.  Not only that but all the Giants, Angels, and Padres fans that HATE the Dodgers will be tuning in as well.  The Mets don't really have these sort of rivals. 

Espn plays a gigantic role in ratings and they will hype up a subway series more than you can imagine. nuetral fans would rather see a subway series then Dodgers vs Yanks.  LA is a huge market for the Lakers but it doesnt have that same effect with the Dodgers at all.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You don't think ESPN will hype up a Dodger vs Yankees World Series? Any baseball fan would know that this is a bigger rivalry than the Mets vs Yankees, by a fucking mile.  L.A vs NY in general is a big rivalry, now add some baseball teams and it's that much bigger.  The Dodgers had the 2nd highest attendance in all of baseball as well.  So many more sub stories for la vs ny world series too, it has to be FOX's and ESPN's wish for this to happen. 
-

GangstaBoogy

Padres nigga!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"